1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cyanide Necromancers not working

Discussion in 'General Blood Bowl News and Discussion' started by Pottsy, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Pottsy

Pottsy Member

Country Flag:
    I was playing a game in the Crunch Cup on Friday using Necromancers. My opponent was unfortunate to suffer a fatality. Just looking at my team roster I noticed i should have 12 members on my team but I only have 11. The necromancer never bothered resurrecting a zombie.

Has anyone else had this happen? I looked up the rules to make sure I understood them right. I thought the dwarf might have died during their turn. Regardless, the rules say any dead opponent (St4 or less, no stunty or regen) can be raised.

I think there are some threads on the cyanide forums about the issue but they are down right now.

I'm not particularly upset about it. I'm in the league for some practice before bbtactics sets up a big league. Though if this is a common bug I won't be using undead teams.

2. Murkglow

Murkglow Member

I can't say. I've played a fair bit of Necro recently but I don't think I've had a fatality yet. I'd have to have seen it.

3. Thanatos

Thanatos Member

Country Flag:
    AFAIK the Necromancer does work but it awfully implemented.

When the opponents player dies they are added to your roster during the game but after the game you are offered the chance to purchase them like you would a journeyman (except the price is set to 0k).

If you don't buy them then they are lost forever.

The logic was that you don't have to add them if you don't what your TV being increased; but surely in that event you just fire them in your team management screen. Really stupid.

I should point out that this is only AFAIK I haven't actually seen this for myself.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2010
  4. Murkglow

Murkglow Member

That seems like how it should be implemented from my reading of the rule book so I don't know what you mean by "awfully implemented".

5. Thanatos

Thanatos Member

Country Flag:
    I simply feel that the Zombie should be added straight to your roster and you can fire them later if you like.

A bit more intuitive, but then just my opinion.

6. Pottsy

Pottsy Member

Country Flag:
    After the game I was offered to purchase the journeyman I had for that game (couldn't afford him). I didn't see any other options though i may have overlooked it.

7. Txapo

Txapo Member

Country Flag:
    nurgle's rot is working. necromnacy isn't. just for the game with the undead not at all if you are playing nigromantic. let's hope it's corrected in the next patch

8. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    NiffeNaffeNurgle is pleased to hear that, we will now start to kill a lot:D

9. Snotty

Snotty Member

Country Flag:
    just played a game with the undead. Killed a player, was resurrected, and put into reserves, then when the game finished the new zombie was no where to be seen, wasnt offered him like a journeyman or anything.
    the guy i was playing told me that all the undead players a suffering this at the moment.

10. Snotty

Snotty Member

Country Flag:
    just read the cynaide forum, apparantly this bug is fixed, and will be delivered in the next update patch. They were very vague on when this will be.

11. Etheric

Etheric Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Etheric
    Country Flag:
    Thats good.

I killd a sarus in my last game, so if it is just st4 or less, no decay or stunty then I should be entitled to a free zombie in the crunch cup. Would be handy too, to give me 3 (went a bit skelli heavy to start with).

12. mrpier

mrpier Member

Patch that fixes necromancers went live yesterday (unless you bought the game via steam).

Patchnotes

13. Cybermage100

Cybermage100 Member

Country Flag:
    Is it possible to ever get a Steam patch?? Thats how I bought it and I hate to think I will be stuck with wonky Necro's... I like me Undead teams!

14. Vusfnuv

Vusfnuv Member

Country Flag:
    Cybermage100, the steam patch has applied automatically yesterday for me (I guess it stands for early morning today in US east timezone). You can verify that you've got it if you can log in to internet games lobby inside the game.