1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Necromantic Necromantic LRB5 Team

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by S1nner, Sep 1, 2010.

1. S1nner

S1nner Member

Country Flag:
    I have not played Necro in 5th edition, and I didn't play much of them in 4th, so I am looking for a bit of help starting the team. I know for sure there will be an Amazon team, a high elf, a dark elf, and a nurgle team in the league as well.

Special rules:
    Every team starts with 5 free fan factor, and teams cannot buy fan factor.
    There will be two "Preseason" games. All players injured count as "Badly Hurt" during these games.

So how should I do this? I like the werewolves a lot, but the fact that ghouls don't have to worry about getting maimed the first couple games makes me think I should lean towards getting them on the field early and get some defensive skills on them. Or would that be a waste since I could get spp on them, then they get wrecked. Also, I feel the earlier I get flesh golems the better. They need block and guard to be great(in my eyes :p), and more games means a better shot at getting an MVP. Finally, I don't want to go without wights(how do you pronounce that?) since block, coupled with decent movement and agility is really nice starting out. So... I want it all :p

4 Zombies
    2 Ghouls
    2 Wights
    2 Flesh Golem
    1 Werewolf
    2 Rerolls
    40k banked towards 2nd werewolf

I think this would be best given I don't have to worry about the ghouls. However, I could drop one for a zombie and get a 3rd reroll. Would any other setup be better? Also, given the opposing teams listed above what skills should I be giving priority?

2. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    Given that you can look to skill up the Ghouls without them worrying picking up anything permanent in the first couple of preseason games, I would think it best to start with them and look to get them two touchdowns each in those games.

Though I would also prefer to personally start with three rerolls. If you drop the Ghoul for one, then you should be able to afford the other Ghoul at the start of the league, or keep saving for the other Werewolf if you prefer.

That should mean you are nailed on to getting the single Ghoul a skill over the preseason games, and perhaps even skill the Werewolf as well. Necromantic rerolls are expensive so I think it is better economy to start with the third and save up for the players you leave out. They are cheaper than the 140k the reroll would cost afterwards as well.

3. Murkglow

Murkglow Member

I'd go with a 3rd reroll. It'll come in handy and it's nice to get them before their price increases.

As for skills, as always try and get block or wrestle on everyone. With a fair few elves and amazons in the league tackle will probably be good and of course guard is always a must to win the bashing game. After that it really depends on what you roll (if you get doubles or stat ups) and what you're looking for.

4. S1nner

S1nner Member

Country Flag:
    Another factor I just found out about: This will be a short league with only 10 games being played before the playoffs. The league creator said that last season the more games people played, the further the team values got from each other, and made the games more one sided. Somehow, the Wood Elf team ended the season with 870 TV, and an Orc team ended up somewhere around 1750. So given the limited number of spp available to my players, are there skills I should be looking to gain more? Also, I am somewhat worried that the Amazon team will dominate at this level without a dwarf team to keep them in check. Should I be looking at tackle on my Wights over guard/mb as the first couple skills?

5. Murkglow

Murkglow Member

The league being short doesn't really change the first few skills. Block/Wrestle on everyone is good no matter how short the league. Same with Tackle (assuming you have Dodge teams in your league, which you do) and Guard.

For your Wraiths I'd probably go with Tackle first because they are some of your faster guys and they will probably be your best picks to Blitz dodgers who run into your back field (especially since they have block already too). After that Guard or Mighty Blow depending on if you still need to use them as back fielders (Mighty Blow) or as support (Guard). That depends on how many ghouls you get before you get your second skill on them.