1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need advice Lvl up with Wight

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Louis, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Louis

Louis New Member

Country Flag:
    Hi folks,

I'm playing Undead on table top and on my second game, one of my 2 wights gained a Lvl. As I rolled a double, I have acces to some interesting skills, namely Dodge...but despite the double I'm still hesitating between Dodge and Guard...the season is only starting but I want to make valuable decisions for the long run.

We are numbering 8 players in our little league, and I'll face each other opponent 2 times before entering the series. Those advesaries are: Amazons, Skavens, Humans, Chaos, Orcs, Elf union and Dwarves.

So it's a relatively bashy league with a few key dodgy players here and there...Chaos, Dwarves, Orcs will be staking on the guard skills...

Appart form my Wight, I now have a dirty player Zombie (who I hope will attract all the attention)
    What do you guys recommand ? I know it's still early days but...

tanks !

2. Regor

Regor Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Hey there, once Upon a time i had a wight with Agi 5 blodge/surehands/sidestep what lovely player i had!
    Anyway, if u are for a long run i think dodge will synergy great with your ghouls
    With your adversaries only dwarfs and maybe orcs will have tackle spam, so i guess is a secure pick.

3. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    I think I would just take a normal. Dodge is good for wights but there are a lot of things you need early such as tackle mb and guard.

4. Regor

Regor Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    U have 2 wights, u can have one with a killer roll like MB/Tackle/PO, and a mobile guard player with blodge/guard/Sfirm
    But neverless, @Louis i do think either way, will work for u

5. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    I agree and dodge is the long term pick, but if you want to make playoffs quickly I think I would go for a normal

6. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    The other option is jump up. The extra 3 square of movement after being knocked down and the ability to block from the ground is great on AG3 players who spend most of their time in the action. If the wight gets guard who is he lending the assist to? You currently only have 1 other player with block.
    If you want a normal skill I would take MB.

7. Louis

Louis New Member

Country Flag:
    I hadn't thought about Jump up. Fair point, but then again, I'd rather he be standing up...Dodge will protect him more.
    Guard is definitely his second skill though (if he survives).

I focused on my 2 wights for the first games; the second one is at 5 SPP, so a lvl up is more than probable in my 3rd game, furthermore, 1 of my ghouls is most cetaintly going the get an increase...I,m looking at either block or wrestle as a first skill for that first ghoul, although sure hands as been tempting...

The second Wight, I'd would like him to be more killy: MB, frenzy even, and Guard.

Following the articles on this site, a guard Wight is the way to go, I just wanted to have some feed-back, considering I rolled a double. I also wanted to benefit from your experience, seing has I'm going to play against a fair variety of different teams...anyways, thanks, I think Dodge is going to be my choice.

8. mamutas

mamutas Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    Take a Dodge on double, MB first on normal. MB let's you level up faster and you get your Guard later on.
    Rolling double is pretty rare, so I would not bypass Dodge, especially in such long term league.

9. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:
    MB will help you win games now better than any other choice in my opinion. And it gets you to the important second skill faster than anything else as well. I like guard as the first skill on a necro team, but with Undead you will be blitzing with a wight almost every turn. It's nice to have MB on that blitzing player...

sbr32 likes this.