1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Necromantic Need help with inducements for my OCC game

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by akirilus, Mar 31, 2014.

1. akirilus

akirilus Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Hey guys - as anyone paying attention to my rantings knows, my OCC Necro team hasn't been doing very well recently, especially in the player retention department. To help matters along, my next opponent is this:

http://bbm.jcmag.fr/BloodBowlManager.WebSite/ImageRoster.aspx?id=894088&lang=en

While what I currently have is this:

http://bbm.jcmag.fr/BloodBowlManager.WebSite/ImageRoster.aspx?id=1454911&lang=en&bg=orca

To sum up, I am facing a chaos team that has 16 rostered players and is worth 2800 TV. No, this is not a misprint. They have two identical AGI+/Extra Arms/Block/Guard/MB chaos warriors, and THREE Str 4 beastmen. Against this, I currently have a 15 player roster (with the zombie who joined my team for free last game) worth 1780 TV, with 6 of 8 positionals level 3 or less (4 of them are complete rookies). Umm... wtf do I do??? They can field 8 STR 4+ players at the same time, with 4 CWs, Minotaur, and the 3 STR 4 beastmen, which is actually worse than a Lizard team, except all those players have Agi 3 or higher, so they can't be locked down.

I will have, based on napkin math, 1020K inducements. What am I going to take?

Clearly, I should take a wizard, an Igor, and two babes, which adds up to 350K.

I should probably also take 2 bribes, although fouling will require knocking someone down. That's another 200K.

This leaves 470K unaccounted for, with one roster spot available. A master chef will be utterly useless here, because they have 4 RR and +2 advantage in cheerleaders and ass coaches, meaning any extra RR will go to them almost automatically. Plus with two Agi4/extra arms ball carriers, they don't really NEED RR for ball handling purposes, and the entire team has Block.

So it's probably either Morg or Ramtut or Count Luthor. Alternatively, I could fire the extra zombie, forget the bribes, and leave a babe behind, which I think gets me enough for both Luthor and Ramtut.

In any case - thoughts? Please? This chaos team just killed 3 chaos dwarves (for which they should be commended), but I've lost enough players recently that I DON'T want 3 more killed. I also don't want to just forfeit the game, either.

2. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    Id say Luthor (hypno and AG4/ST5) and Wizard for sure to maximize chances for defensive TD. Bribes could be interesting but with a full bench you may not need them at all. Fouling, btw, should be a strong part of this game anyways, so to foul every mother fracker AG4 or Claw freak on the ground.

Ramtut may be tempting (Necro cant access Morg) in principle, as he only got 2 claws and ST3 at that. But with horns and all that Guard he could easily get enough assists for a 2D block on ST6 though, so beware.

All in all, based on 1020 I d say:

Wizard, babes, Igor, Luthor = 740, leaving you 280 to play with.

You could go 2 bribes, but as I said you should have a full bench anyways in which case a bribe is not that powerful, unless you really want to protect the DP.

So I´d go with Nekebrekeh instead (220) to keep Jimxxx honest by limiting the events where he may want to hand off / pass from his Sure Hands to one of the AG4 freak CW or so. Wizard, Luthor and Neke is the best you ll have it for defensive steals, or simply to prevent his score in his drive, methinks.

A key weakness in your team is lack of Sure Hands. Watch those RR!

If you worry about your own RR an alternative to Neke would be an extra RR and bribe... or if you drop one babe as well (320) then you could get: A) 2 extra RR and bribe, B) 1 extra RR and 2 briber or C) the chef. Getting a Chef given you have plenty of inducements is not such a bad idea. Even if your opponent has cheerleaders etc. I would personally go for Nekebrekeh but all these options are probably equally good anyways, so it comes down to play style.

Note: Since you have a 15 piece roster I think you ll need to fire one rookie zombie in order to get 2 Star Players, correct?

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  3. Jbecks

Jbecks Member

Cyanide Username:
    jbecks
    Country Flag:
    that is crazy high TV :D good luck :D would it not be better to take as many of the high str stars you can? and a wizard if possible? Count, Ramtut,nekbrekah and wizard if it fits :D

4. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    You are only allowed 2 stars so Count , Rumut and Nekbrekah isn't possible.
    I'd definitely sack a zombie to get 2 of them.
    Count and Nek for me though Ramut is more resilient but can't gaze.

5. PaloLV

PaloLV Member

Cyanide Username:
    PaloLV
    Country Flag:
    You aren't winning the block war so skip Ramtut and get the gazing vampire and Nekbrekah.

Hypnotic Gaze is crazy good and will force him to use more players to protect his ball as a cage won't be enough to be safe which might keep the rest of your players more mobile and able to win a few more successful blocks.

Agree on fouling the hell out of his players. If things go bad start fouling with your good players to get them out of the game.

Unless I missed it he lacks piling on entirely so he's not nearly as deadly as he could be. The bright side is you've really only got two key players to protect. The rest are expendable and replaceable.

6. notafunhater

notafunhater Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    Hey, don't be firing Vorshar. If I can't have him on my team, at least he's on yours now!

I'd agree with the above though. Getting the Count and Nek with a wizard would be good, as they all add useful utility you don't currently have, and even Ramtut would just get beaten down by that team.

This matchup doesn't look good on paper but you never know. Nuffle's done stranger things.

7. akirilus

Country Flag:
    Update: The chaos team's last game got validated, and they took 2 MNGs, one of which was to a Str 4 goat. Their new TV is 2590. Mine is still 1870, meaning I will have 720K inducements. as things stand.

Assuming I fire a rookie zombie to free up a second roster spot, then take Luthor and Nekh, that will account for 610K of my 760K, leaving exactly 150K to allocate. That's either a wizard or an Igor and a Babe. Hmm... Leaning towards wizard and going for the win.

Viajero and everyone else who pointed this out is on the money - with 16 players, Bribes are not really as important - they only protect my DP.

8. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Igor's suck. Your path is clear, good luck.

9. Remthar

Remthar Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Luthor, Nekh and a wizards sounds like a good plan, good luck Aki!

10. Kjelstad

Kjelstad Active Member

Steam Username:
    Kjelstad
    Cyanide Username:
    Kjelstad
    Country Flag:
    Luthor. He is awesome. Gaze from a corner and put players on luthor's corners so he cant get assists. Jim has a hard time with gaze. He has a lot of AG and ball handling skills but not a lot of kill skills. That could be why we tied last season. Or because I took the count and had 4 thralls on the pitch. that didn't last.

While Luthor is not as great as any of my players and was a complete downgrade for me, he is still better than any other player in Blood Bowl so you should take him and gaze away.
    :p
    It is not a turn over if it fails and the player is marked by str5 with side step.

11. akirilus

Country Flag:

Unfortunately, atm I don't have any agility and ball handling skills at all, so Luthor might also be my best ball handler. It will kill me to score with him, when everyone on the team desperately needs SPP. I would prefer to score with the wolf as I would - your plan of leveling him up asap is one I intend to adopt.

12. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:
    I assume that the Cyanide full roster bug that can occur if you have a full roster and get a zombie from killing someone would not cause issues if you have a star player (since that star player will not be on the roster after the game). Is that correct?

13. Kjelstad

Kjelstad Active Member

Steam Username:
    Kjelstad
    Cyanide Username:
    Kjelstad
    Country Flag:
    What is that bug? I used to play necro and got got to buy zombies with a full roster. I have #17 on a couple of my old teams.

14. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Do you have sixteen other players?

But I think maybe it was fixed with the server move? Before that I was very cautious and never got the problem, after it I slipped up once and got a player 17 - but there was also a scrollbar, so the problem could be salvaged.

15. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    Yes they fixed the bug by adding the scollbar so you can delete player no 17.
    It used to be that once player 17 ( which never appeared on the pitch ) got 2 MVP's you couldn't skill him up so couldn't play any more games with the team.