1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ogre Need Post Nuffling Advice

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by 18Rabbit, Aug 13, 2011.

1. 18Rabbit

18Rabbit Member

Country Flag:
    I started a brand new ogre team for the OFTL and had my first match with them today against a TV1000 team of amazons. I started with Coach's recommended setup with 4 RR, 4 Ogres, 8 Snotlings. In the second half of the game, he wound up getting 5 amazons on one of my ogres and knocked him down and then gang fouled him. The gang foul resulted in a fatality. :skull:

I ended up BARELY losing (if I would have rolled one 4+ toss and catch I would have had a turn 16 equalizer) and only picked up a few 4 SPP's on one ogre (thankfully not the dead one) and MoM went to a snotling.

So for my next match I have 3 ogres, 8 snotlings, 4 RR and 70k cash. The way I see it, I have a few options (restarting the team is unfortunately not one of them due to the persistent league rules):

• Suck it up and save up for another ogre in 1 (or more likely 2 more games).
    • Buy an Apoth and a snotling and hope for the best
    • Sell off one of my rerolls and buy another ogre

I hate the idea of playing with only 3 RR, but I also hate loner ogres and only having 3 of them really would suck. So, what do you think? The league is just unstructured MM at this point, but I will be entering a tournament with this team soon.

Help me Obi-Coach Kenobi, you're my only hope.

2. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    MoM = MVP I gather, (Man Of the Match i guess).

I would get the apoth and play the next two matches with 3 ogres and then set out to conquer the world:pow:

3. 18Rabbit

18Rabbit Member

Country Flag:
    Er, yeah on the MoM. Too much Football Manager 2011 recently I guess :)

4. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    that is why I prefer the 5 ogre 2 RR roster for shorter competitions. If one of the big guys gets hurt You can survive with four, while with three it can be a problem.
    If You have the possibility of selling a re-roll, I would go for it and buy the fourth ogre. Unless inducements will allow You to hire a mercenary.

5. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    Bit of a toss up between saving for an Ogre or getting the Apothecary and saving for an Ogre afterwards. I would probably get the Apothecary to avoid an injury to one of the three you have left. I don't see any point in spending 20k to get a Snotling though. Hopefully as Mico suggested you can get a Mercenary.