1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tactics Need some ideas to fight-off Gutter spam with undead

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Louis, Apr 16, 2018 at 11:53 PM.

1. Louis

Louis New Member

Country Flag:
    Hi everyone,

We are 8 players in a little league of TT blood bowl. So far I'm doing pretty well with my undead team sporting a flawless performance with a 6-0-0 ranking... I have a few interesting upgrades also, but despite all that, I'm baffled by the fact that 4 gutter runners seems unstopable (seeing the coach play it seems really improbable to stop GR on offense and even in defense they can be such pests !!

I have 1 or 2 games to play before facing him again and no tackle whatsoever so far...
    His GR are upgrated in the following manner:
    2 X Blodge
    2X Wrestle + Dauntless
    No rat ogre.

On my part:
    2X Ghouls Wrestle
    1X Ghoul Blodge + Guard
    1X Ghoul Blodge (he's at 12 SPP = Tackle ??)

1X Mummy Break Tackle

1X Wight Blodge
    1X Wight Guard

1X Zombie Dirty player
    1X Zombie Block

Most of my team is at 7 or 8 SPP except for the Blodge Ghoul.

any ideas or videos to watch ? :) thank you so much !!

See ya !

2. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    The wrestle ghouls want tackle if they get there. The blodge ghoul wants either sure hands or sidestep. If either of the wrestle dauntless have a chance of a 3rd skill before you play him it wants to be sure hands in case they take strip ball.

The way to beat skaven is to win 2-1. That means on your drive don't score before turn 8 and force them to score quick on their drive. Also apart from the SV all the rats are AV7 so just knock them down and get them off the pitch.
    When receiving the kick don't commit too heavily to the LoS as you need players back to protect the ballcarrier if the kick goes long. Also don't switch the play from side to side as often as you would against a bash teams. You want your mummies in the thick of the action and throwing as many 3D blocks as possible as their MB will go a long way to reducing the skaven numbers. Also try staying towards the middle of the pitch as it gives you more options for advancing the cage.

Borke, sbr32 and TravelScrabble like this.
  3. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    On offence its hard to stop gutters without tackle but you can get 3d against them with two assists which maximizes your chance of finding the pow and a downed gutter is always begging to be fouled. If you can take a couple of gutters out skaven become very weak.

4. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    When receiving have plenty of players spread out in your back field. Ideally you want a cage by the end of your first turn but if it's not possible have enough players back to stop the gutters from just getting to ball/ball carrier. Your first job is to join your players at the back with your slow players at the front so use your Blitz sensibly not to go after players you want to hurt. You then have 7 turns to hit rats before you have to score so don't be afraid to stay still if it keeps the ball safe. On defense if he pushes his gutters up start hitting Gutters but pressurize the AG3 rats so he wont be able to stall on you and they will have to score quickly leaving you with seven turns to grind up the pitch and win.

sbr32 and TravelScrabble like this.
  5. Louis

Louis New Member

Country Flag:
    Thank you guys ! Great advice !