1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Artcles

Discussion in 'Site News, Bug Reports and Questions' started by Coach, May 9, 2020.

1. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    It's been a while but there's a new development article to take a gander at: https://bbtactics.com/underworld-goblins/

Hopefully more coming during this lock-down period and if I get back into writing them perhaps even beyond then...

2. Coach

Country Flag:
    Regor, Ilgoth and Gallows Bait like this.
  3. Coach

Country Flag:
    mamutas likes this.
  4. Gallows Bait

Gallows Bait Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    Great work summarising the changes and showing that there is potential in the random selection.

Coach likes this.
  5. Coach

Country Flag:
    Slight update to reflect that random skills are worth less to your team value than selected ones which I'd initially missed out.

6. Coach

Country Flag:
    I've just put a write up of the "missing" teams from the Blood Bowl 2020 rules leak. I've got strong feelings about some of the teams, others not so much. So go take a read and please leave a comment on it if you've got your own thoughts. https://bbtactics.com/blood-bowl-2020-teams-of-legend/

Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
    patbou73 likes this.
  7. Coach

Country Flag:
    Have you been reading that the new #bloodbowl Black Orc team is just a slow Lizardman team? I'm looking forward to giving them a go and explain why in this article https://bbtactics.com/black-orc-teams/

Street likes this.
  8. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    I do believe that we will see a deadzone thing with missing teams.

9. Coach

Country Flag:
    Yeah I agree, wish just a PDF to start with. Each team may also get addressed in a Spike magazine to maximise that revenue!

10. Coach

Country Flag:
    mamutas likes this.
  11. patbou73

patbou73 Active Member

Country Flag:
    I really like that article and your suggestions. The 54 concept would be very exciting to test! :)

I would suggest these modifications :
    1. Still two halves, for the purpose of team rerolls.
    2. Two drives per half, one for each team.
    3. A drive is 5 turns for the offensive team, 4 for the defensive team.
    4. At the end of the second half, any team that used up no more than a total of 5 turns on its two offensive drives gets to play an extra drive (the referee decides that there's still enough time).
    5. A Secret Weapon is automatically sent to the penalty box at the end of a defensive drive. At the end of an offensive drive, it can remain on the pitch on a roll of 4+ (otherwise sent off).
    BB2020 is most probably already getting printed, and I strongly doubt these changes will get implemented in the next edition. But we can hope they'll get tested by the community eventually, and with time, maybe we'll get to play under such a system in 4-5 years.

BTW, I have toyed with the idea of giving an allocation of 10 turns per team for their offensive drive(s). This would help the slower teams that need a 6th or 7th turn to effectively score. But the problem of stalling would still remain, and this is to be avoided.

Also, I think the number of 5 turns is appropriate. Elves can score in 2 turns, because there's 13 squares until the end zone and they have an average MA of 7. A standard Dwarf team (2 Blitzers, 2 Runners, 2 Slayers, 5 Longbeards) has an average MA of 4,7. The 13 squares can be crossed in 3 turns, or 4 turns if we use the speed of the slowest. Giving them an extra turn (5th) seems reasonable.

It's true that such a system would encourage the passing play, kill stalling (and the tedious 2-1 grind) and get rid of the annoying 8th and 16th turns (no need to do one turners when you score fast enough to get an extra drive ; or then, do one turners each time, and make sure you have all players to defend). I love it! :)

Coach likes this.
  12. patbou73

patbou73 Active Member

Country Flag:
  13. Coach

Country Flag:
    I think you've misunderstood, they are asking for a banner which they will use on their twitter page. They aren't asking for new rules, they just implement the rules that Games Workshop release.

14. Silfuin

Silfuin Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Silfuin
    Country Flag:
    Hi Coach, I have posted a comment to the BB54 article, but I can't see it nor any other's ...
    At this point I am unsure that the comment was even posted.
    Is there a specific place where to look all the comments to a specific article?

15. Gallows Bait

Gallows Bait Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    Comments are manually approved before appearing, it'll appear once Coach checks.

16. Coach

Country Flag:
    The comments are there, can you not see any comments at all? If so you might have an adblocker or something hiding them? I approved it yesterday and replied to it.

I found your comment in the spam box with a few others yesterday so I was a bit slower approving it. Once your first comment gets approved you should be able to post others without moderation. Unfortunately there isn't a great way to deal with spam comments.

17. patbou73

patbou73 Active Member

Country Flag:
    Yeah. I got it all wrong. The first part was missing where I got the notification. All I saw was a tweet starting with « RULES! »... :(