1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Awards Feature

Discussion in 'Site News, Bug Reports and Questions' started by Coach, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Ken

Ken Kenny the Mechanic

Country Flag:
    Netsmurf's religious conviction aside, I'd like to request a badge for the "other" mini tourney hosted by BBT. Does that work with the general sensibilities of the site Nik (or Coach, I'm not clear on who currently controls this).

2. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    I don't think that makes sense as there is no overall CTALE winner and I don't see the point in handing out badges to lots of teams for winning 6 man mini leagues.

3. Ken

Ken Kenny the Mechanic

Country Flag:
    CTALE has WAY more than 6 players in it.

4. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    Where do I say that CTALE only has 6 players? :confused:

It's made up of 6 player mini leagues. There is no CTALE champion, just different division winners who only had to play 5 matches.

5. Gallows Bait

Gallows Bait Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    Indeed, as the clue is in the title, it is an exhibition league, not a cup. It was and remains a great way of getting match experience between Cups, but is not designed to fill a Cup format with play offs and winners.

As a result, it would be equivalent to giving out an award for every Crunch Cup division winner, rather than those that reach the final.

6. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    CTALE was never intended to have a final winner, so it can't get any awards. Sorry. :eek:

7. Ken

Ken Kenny the Mechanic

Country Flag:
    HAHAHA, i think i was misunderstood Nik. I was teasing Netsmurf, but thanks for the "clarification" ;)

8. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    That I find is weird behavior but thanks for the info I shall disregard your comments in the future:skull:

9. Ken

Ken Kenny the Mechanic

Country Flag:
    Not hard to disregard whilst passed out over the keyboard ;)

10. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    I can always turn off duplicates of trophies showing up in the postbit if you guys don't stop Netsmurf winning so much!

So pull your socks up and stop making more work for me!

11. Ken

Ken Kenny the Mechanic

Country Flag:
    Actually Coach, because you bring it up. For the sake of presentation, are you able to turn off duplicates for mobile devices? Or make it a user selectable option?

12. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Did think it might be the way to go eventually, duplicates off but with a listing of each competition won if you mouse over the trophy.

13. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    Another option could be to have something like "x2" next to a trophy that has been won twice etc. The OCC awards have something similar with the number of times an award has been won next to the award itself if the award has been won more than once.

14. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    No, the only option is on or off for everything.

Regarding multiples you can click through and see them on the individuals awards page. I don't think it will display a multiples icon on the postbit. I'd have to create separate trophies which just isn't practical.

I may be able to shrink them for smaller screen sizes using css though, I'll have a fiddle when I get a moment.

15. Gallows Bait

Gallows Bait Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    I would like an award for stunning mediocrity.

9 Crunch Cups and only in the play offs twice, out in first round both times.

10 OCC seasons and only 2nd place twice.

1025 BB games and a 50% record.

I am living proof that some people just don't master the game. That deserves some kind of recognition.

:D