1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modelling New Goblin Miniatures

Discussion in 'General Blood Bowl News and Discussion' started by Coach, May 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    Finally a Goblin team I can love!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also some secret weapon players from Forge World

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sataric, Orielensis and TwoScoops like this.
  2. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    Ok I don't play table top but if I did, these would certainly be the goblin miniatures I would use!

3. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    Really stylish!

4. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Where is the Pogo?

5. Coach

Country Flag:
    I believe it's going to be in the booster pack, rumours of two new secret weapon players as well... Find out by the end of the month.

6. Sataric

Sataric Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Sataric
    Cyanide Username:
    Sataric
    Country Flag:
    I actually really like the design they went with for these - Shame the secret weapons aren't included in the package with the same aesthetics.

7. mamutas

mamutas Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    Those are nice looking minis! Me want!

8. 20phoenix

20phoenix Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    Going to buck the trend here and say I'm not a fan. They don't look AV7 with all that armour and the secret weapons really aren't to my taste. I actually won this team at a tournament yesterday and asked the organiser to swap to dwarves!

The one thing that irks me most about this release is the fact you have to buy three different boxes at least to field a team (trolls, weapons, goblins all separate.) Dwarves aside they've done it with the other teams too but at least they were just a little gimped if you didnt buy another box

9. Coach

Country Flag:
    Well done on the tournament win, when I saw they were up for the prize I looked at going, however the earliest train would get there too late!

As for all the armour, I like it. Stops them looking like Warhammer Goblins and their size and strength is why they are squishy. Little annoying that the other positional players are going to be Forgeworld. I wouldn't have minded too much buying them extra as normal plastics (cause its cheaper). I do already have the old stars to use in the mean time. Got a couple of trolls too, not that keen on the new one which is a shame. If you do pick up 2 boxes of Goblins and 2 Skaven I believe you have enough from both to do Goblins, Skaven and Underworld, just without the big guys and weapons (maybe enough left to use on an Orc team if you're one of those horrible Orc coaches who does that). Considering how much they could have charged I think the prices are actually somewhat reasonable, bizarre from GW! I don't think you need another box for Goblins, just the Trolls and weapons.

I do remember paying a tenner for a team box of 12 back in 3rd edition and if you compare prices against a lot of third party teams they are OK. I do understand why some people don't like them, always going to be people on both sides for every miniature!

10. 20phoenix

20phoenix Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    This I completely agree with - cant argue with the price of the box sets. I've assembled the dwarves now and found them to be great value for money.

Coach likes this.
  11. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    I myself like that players do have the armour, to me it makes sense. Seems stupid that team would bring in players in cloth when they face ogres ents and what not.

Pricing isnt the worst it has been, but I agree that seperating content into different boxes to maximize profit hurts a bit. :/

12. Toxic Bunny

Toxic Bunny New Member

Steam Username:
    Gifhaas
    Country Flag:
    Photo links are down. So unsure of what these look like. I went ahead and constructed my own team using the new goblin league box as spare parts mixed with Gloomspite Gitz Squig Hoppers, - Fanatics, - Rockgut Troggoths, 8 old school (2004) night goblins, and some spare bits lying about from past 40k builds.

It's given me the opportunity to max out all the troops I would ever need to field a full pitch team (16 regulars, 5 specials, 2 trolls, and enough troll left over to build Ripper as well)