New Team Variants

cjblackburn

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
cjblackburn
Country Flag
I went to the app they have app generated random events as well. I would give more details but it costs a whole £2.

This just got real.

DireSickFish

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
SickFish
Cyanide Username
DireSickFish
Country Flag
The Orcs are white hot garbage. I'd much rather have Khorn if we're getting a Frenzy spam team.

The Humans are crazy good. Block Guard is amazing starting skills and you can start with all 4. And the linos have GA access so they can be blodged up.

cjblackburn

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
cjblackburn
Country Flag
I don't mind the Savage Orcs they are similar to pre nerf Brets in that they are suboptimal but they can be made to work. I think there is room in BB for more teams like this.

The Nobility team have the best starting team out there and once the AG3 MV6 Guard players get MB they will own the first 10 games of any league. The limiting factor is the cost of the linemen. They are the joint most expensive linemen in the game and the worst you can get for 70k. The princelings are a bit meh as well and not likely to be in a starting roster I'd get the 2 Ogres first and might not bother with the princelings. As by the time you are looking at buying them some of your retainers will have Blodge and will be better ball handlers. Basically you have a team that is too good at the start, has the option to add two big guys and wont have the guys the team is named after.

GW is all about fluffy narrative gaming so there is a limit to how 'competitive' we can be in their games however they have made a mistake with 4 starting guard. If it was 4 players with starting Block and Stand Firm there would not be an issue.

Reading Rambo

Rookie
Steam Username
Reading Rambo
Country Flag
The human bodyguards need dodge and stand firm. Just in case they weren't amazing enough to start :D

In all seriousness, I like the idea of buffing humans somehow. This seems a little over the top. Dropping their max of 4 to 2 might work, and compliment the ogres sorta like wights support mummies on an undead team.

I vastly prefer original orcs over this version, assuming what someone said is true that they can't get general skills on normal rolls? Frenzy without normal block access would drive me crazy on regular lineman. Especially if you had to field some journeymen linemen. Loner + frenzy on 3 str?? Bleckkk

Last edited:

cjblackburn

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
cjblackburn
Country Flag
The Savage Orc team is not as powerful as the Orc team but BB has plenty of top tier teams. It could do with a few more weak teams for those of us who enjoy the challenge. Chances are you will only take a couple of Line Orcs anyway so lack of general access is less of an issue.

The only reason Bodyguards are any good is the Guard. Take that off them and the team is nothing to write home about. Give them Stand Firm, Juggs or Grab instead and they can do a job and you might see some of the other players instead. It looks like they looked at the Brets and 'fixed' the bits people complain about with no thought as to how they would work.

Orielensis

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Orielensis
Cyanide Username
Orielensis
Country Flag
I have been out of the loop of what GW have turned into for so long that stuff like this just seems way off the chart crazy ... like US presidential elections!

coachman

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
bjj hero
Country Flag
2 big guys and starting guard seems overkill to me.

Superfrogs

Veteran
Country Flag
The human team is broken, the 7 linemen, 4 bodyguard, and 2 reroll build is to strong. With a few tweeks, it would be awsome.