1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Undead New Undead Team: Skill suggestions

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by makinde, Jun 7, 2012.

1. jrpeart

jrpeart Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    jrpeart
    Cyanide Username:
    jrpeart
    Country Flag:
    Players who are only ever going to be LOS fodder who already have the main Block or Wrestle defensive skill could be a possiblity for taking AV. e.g. I've just taken it as second skill on a Zombie.

2. G20

G20 Member

Country Flag:
    I think the only time I've taken +AV is on a blitzer with jump up and pile on. I've gotten decent mileage out of it, but would probably be better of with tackle.

3. makinde

makinde Member

Country Flag:
    +AV on a zombie who already has block actually does sound like a reasonable choice; though even in that case I get the feeling that the +MA might be more useful (so as to get him back into the thick of the action ASAP).

I ended up going with Guard on the Mummy; Block on the Zombie, and +MA on the Ghoul.

Next game is against Amazons, which is the reason I picked Block on the Zombie; with no tackle on either my Wights or Ghouls, this is liable to be a frustrating game in terms of actually knocking anyone down, so having a third player with Block should hopefully increase my chances of getting them on the floor.

4. makinde

makinde Member

Country Flag:
    Well - the team is not so new anymore, having played 5 games (4-0-1 record) and gotten its share of skill ups. The team right now looks as follows (with 3 RRs and 170K in the bank):

Mummy + Guard
    Mummy + Guard
    Wight
    Wight + MA
    Zombie + Block
    Zombie
    Zombie
    Zombie
    Zombie
    Zombie
    Ghoul + MA
    Ghoul + Guard
    Ghoul + (Doubles)

So I'm pretty certain that the money is going toward buying that 4th RR to keep those Mummies actually standing. Any suggestions on the ghoul other than the standard "Guard"?

5. crimsonsun

crimsonsun Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    crimsonsun
    Country Flag:
    Defo agree on 4 RRs for undead, that really does seem to be there magic number. I would take guard, but other suggestions nerves of steel, leader, dump off all are of value, but that about all i can think off my head.

6. jrpeart

jrpeart Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    jrpeart
    Cyanide Username:
    jrpeart
    Country Flag:
    Nope. :p

Seriously take Guard. It's a pity you keep getting it on the squishy Ghouls who could really use a protection skill but mobile Guard is great to have.

7. Gallows Bait

Gallows Bait Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    I was eventually persuaded to put Guard on my Human Catcher that doubled (the guys here managed to talk me down from NoS) and I've not regretted it since - the ability to put a Blodge/Sidestep/Guard player in the mix has been great.

With Guard on a Ghoul that build is only a couple of skills away too.

8. Juriel

Juriel Active Member

Country Flag:
    Doubles on a Ghoul? It's always Guard. It's a mobile 'I win at the bashing war' button.