1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newb seeking league

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by hungrygnome, Jul 18, 2012.

1. hungrygnome

hungrygnome Member

Country Flag:
    Hello all. Just started learning bloodbowl from minature play, and enjoyed it enough that I picked up the online game. My minatures team is Necromantic, The Undead Presidents ( Living presidents are my wolfs/ghouls) and is so far 1 - 1 - 0 ( loss vs a very well devloped lizardman team, win vs amazons. just kept smashing the ladies into the ground. Though i had to foul one of his block/dodge/standfirm players for a casualty. Oh no, the zombie was out for a game.. worth it IMO)

Im looking to join a private online league.I can play any day of the week, and my times vary by what day it is. Im thinking either Neco or Undead. I just LIKE them for some reason, though the mumies of the Undead are nice, im hesitant to uses a team with 4 players unable to regen that have armor 7. The mummies do develop MUCH faster than golems though. Still undecided.

Ive been reading the forums for quite some time, just finally decided to actually sign up and post.

handle here is the same online, hoping to join a league where starting fresh doesnt make me horribly outgunned, which is all that seems to happen in the public leagues.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  2. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Public matchmaking leagues (Like Auld World and Naggaroth) should see you with opponents of similar TV - but you could also get unlucky and end up 1400 in the hole..

So one quick solution would be to join a team in the Crunch Them All - it is a challenge league and most of us are pretty nice people who can scrounge up a TV 1000 team for a fairly even game. (CTA teams can then be taken into the Crunch Cup if you have played six games or less with them.)

There is also the SSC over at OCC - Orca Cola Championship
    The SSC is a feeder league where everyone starts with rookie teams. Just like the Crunch Cup it means scheduling games. I.e. you need to post on a forum to agree on a time to play with your opponent, then show up to play. ;)

Also: Welcome :)

3. hungrygnome

hungrygnome Member

Country Flag:
    I just need some direction as to where to post.

I keep getting matched up to orc and dwarf teams when ive tried with 1350 TR that pound me into dust in Auld.. had to retire my first team attempt after 2 games.. half the team had either taken injuries with stat losses with a dead werewolf and a dead golem.

4. Narly Bird

Narly Bird Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    The best online league is the one we run on bbtactics, called Crunch Cup. You have to comit to playing 1 game per week. I think its the best because the coaches are really nice and it has the most awesome gazette (the Crunch Cup Courier) that covers the competition.

Also on bbtactics is a matchmaking league (you can play anytime there is an opponent online) called Crunch Them All, which Nikolai talked about. Links are here:
    Crunch Cup - Crunch Cup
    Crunch Them All - http://bbtactics.com/forums/crunch-them-all-open-cyanide-league-t618/

Crunch Cup is currently in the playoffs stage, so you would have to wait until season 10 (which i guess is about 1 month away?). Therefore its a good idea to put some teams into Crunch Them All and have some games with them in the meantime (you can have up to 6 games and still be eligible for them to enter the Crunch Cup).

Nikolai also mentioned Orca Cola, which is also a very good league if you want to continue a team for many seasons. Orca Cola is taking signups for new teams and i believe they will start next season at the end of August. The link for Orca Cola is here: Orca Cola Championship

5. hungrygnome

hungrygnome Member

Country Flag:
    Hey Narly, thanks for the reply. Your Necro thread is one ive read quite a bit. You sure did skill those guys up fast at first! Ive looked into SSC today, though I cant seem to find any info on when the next signup is. If i could i would play 3-4 games a week!

I actually started playing because our Battletech league got suspended and needed something else to do.

Im torn between necro and undead. I have a hard time starting out with necro it seems, but seems stronger in the long haul.

6. Narly Bird

Narly Bird Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    If you wanted, you could have 2 SSC teams - 1 Necro and 1 Undead. At the end of the season you could then see which one you preferred and go with that. SSC signups usually dont start until much closer to the beginning of the season, so you will likely have to wait until mid August before you can sign up (I guess).

I'm glad you liked my team thread. I haven't really kept it up recently, but will keep it going once next season starts.

I agree that Undead are easier earlier on than Necro. At higher tv's maybe Necro have the advantage, but im not so sure. Nikolai has a very successful team in OCC and I believe 1 Undead team has made it to division 1 in OCC, whilst no Necro teams have ever gotten there. As for Crunch Cup, I dont think we've ever had an Undead team win it, with a Necro team winning it last season.

Please be sure to check out the Crunch Cup also though. I can't recommend it highly enough.