1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Next CC

Discussion in 'Crunch Cup' started by Fallowheart, Aug 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fallowheart

Fallowheart Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    I know the Goblin recruitment cup is going on right now (and while i think that's pretty awesome, i'm rubbish with gobbos), but I was wondering when applications would be taken for the next Crunch Cup?

I've been thinking a fresh Skaven team might be fun, and teach me to play better short of players ;)

2. Barninho

Barninho Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    The next Crunch Cup is planned to take place after the gobbo comp so it will be at least a month before applications start. Bear in mind you can play up to 6 games with them first in CTA and it might be worth playing at least one to get the apoth.

3. Fallowheart

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    Cool, I wasn't sure if a team could be added before the season officially started.

I was going to start as 4GR, 2 SVerm, 1 thrower, 4 linerats, 3RR, apoth; that should be exactly 1MM. If I played a few games I could pick up another linerat though instead and with a game get that apoth. Guess i'll get em ready and think of some skaveny names.

4. Barninho

Barninho Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Ah yes, I forgot you can take the apoth and all the postionals. That starting build is the one I would go with. The apoth can save you from losing an important positional player so worth more in my opinion. Good luck man.

5. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    You can't add a team before the season starts.

But you are allowed to play 2 (experienced*) or 6 (rookie) games in the CTA [Crunch Them All] before applying to the CC [Crunch Cup].

So putting the team in the CTA while waiting means being able to afford stuff. But it is also allowable to enter the CC with a completely rookie team.

(* experienced means having played in a CC or a CrC [Crunched Cup], not anywhere else)

6. Lebe666

Lebe666 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Try to schedule a few CTA matches before that pre-CC frenzy too... :D

Use the CTA thread to enquire on possible playing partners.

7. Etheric

Etheric Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Etheric
    Country Flag:
    wow just as well I read this, thought it was 3 games lol.

Will try to get some games in with my pro elves and get a dark elf team with 6 games under their belt as well.

8. Lebe666

Country Flag:
    GB might I recommend that we allow people to join CC sooner ? Just to give enough time to recruit as many as we need. Some people might be off later on...

Be good to time the Cups in order that we get two of them before December or finishing at the beggining of December.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  9. Gallows Bait

Gallows Bait Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    I'm planning to open the doors to Crunch Cup X once the Goblin Recruitment Fair reaches its play off stages.

While I appreciate everyone is eager to get on to the next cup, I'm keen to ensure that this is a definite break, especially for the Courier Staff who barely get to catch their breath between Cups if we run them back to back.

10. Lebe666

Country Flag:
    Its not an issue of starting early... but recruiting early. To have enough time for people to join up. Especially those last 2-3 that always take time.

Just open the next CC and set a date for it to start even if its still someway in the future.

11. Narly Bird

Narly Bird Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I think the problem is that Chaos Edition (CE) should be out by then, so its probably better to wait to see if they give you some more league options in CE before creating the league.

Also, i see a lot of coaches joining up with teams and then switching them before the season starts. Also, with no fixed start time, its possible a coach could commit, but then have to drop out due to availability.

Just have to get your fix in CTA in the interim...;)

12. Lebe666

Country Flag:
    I think Chaos Edition is not an issue for now...

1st because it will take time for most to purchase and install it
    2nd because its better to allow/disallow those teams after a bit of playtesting so by the time the next CC comes around the Chaos Edition teams are already a known variable.

Starting with no fixed time is complicated for sure... but its good to just open it so people can start joining.

13. Vusfnuv

Vusfnuv Member

Country Flag:
    So, just to carify. Is the next CC going to be played with CE or LE? If it's going to use CE, will it be started soon enough (somewhen shortly after goblin cup is complete), or will some time be spent first on evaluating CE? I mean looking at new bugs, probably new league interfaces and options, new teams (I'm especially concerned about demons)?

14. John McGuirk

John McGuirk Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I don't mean to pre-empt the commissioner here, but I'm fairly sure the Khorne will be banned for at least the first CE CC while everyone tries to work out how balanced they are.

15. Gallows Bait

Gallows Bait Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    At present I've not seen anything to contradict the release date from Amazon.fr which slipped from September to October.

On the basis that I intend to open Crunch Cup X in around 3-4 weeks for applications and probably start 2-3 weeks later, this would be launching before it is expected that Chaos Edition would be available, or very close to its launch.

On that basis I propose to continue with Crunch Cup X being based on Legendary Edition and assess Chaos Edition when we come to CCXI.

16. Lebe666

Country Flag:
    Yup... we can´t rely on Cyanide to deliver on time... nor for the game to actually work. Prefer to have CC 10 before and without Chaos Edition... (it say chaos in the name... will be full of problems) :D

17. Narly Bird

Narly Bird Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I'm really looking forward to Chaos Edition actually. And I would be disapointed if i were to buy it and then find out that 1 of the 3 teams was disallowed. I would recommend at least allowing Khorne to participate in the first CE cup and based on their performance in it and peoples thoughts, then making a decision on whether you wanted to keep them or not.

Surely they aren't going to be that unbalanced/unfair.

18. Fallowheart

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    I was actually looking forward to trying Chaos Dwarves, but i'm also very sceptical about how balanced they would be. Mutation access, even on a double could get incredibly nasty all too quickly.

19. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    They are still slow as molasses (except for the centaurs which are pretty nice) and seem to be reasonably balanced. (I.e not worse than nurgle, chaos or chaos pact.. as a matter of fact it seems that all non-skaven mutation teams are on the powerhouse side. I doubt Khorne will manage to be worse ;))

20. Lebe666

Country Flag:
    The Slann (or frog team) seems quite fun pity its not in Chaos Edtn... though it doesn't seem balanced. Probably die easily leaping...

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.