1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lizardman niggling injury

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by dodger, Jul 26, 2013.

1. dodger

dodger Member

Cyanide Username:
    drdodger
    Country Flag:
    Hey all, I've got a newly developing Lizardman team in the Big Crunch league. My team has 6 Saurus 5 Skinks, 3 rerolls, and the apothecary. no Krox or backup skinks for the bench yet.

One of my sauri is missing the upcoming game, and has a damaged back, and no SPP yet. After the match I should be able to afford to replace him. Would you guys go ahead and get that out of the way before he hogs some SPP?

2. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    Yeah, I would sack him.

3. Ken

Ken Kenny the Mechanic

Country Flag:
    as a liz coach, i would not sack him until i had the krox, it's too early in the bc for a ton of block,claw,mb anyway.

until you have that krox, you'll always be getting your hide tanned, niggle or not

4. jrpeart

jrpeart Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    jrpeart
    Cyanide Username:
    jrpeart
    Country Flag:
    It's a tough call for me. I very rarely replace players for getting Niggled or -AV.

In this case I'd just about fall on the side of replacing him before he grabs any SPP. If he had any SPP I'd say keep him.

5. Limdood

Limdood Well-Known Member

Near Chicago, Illinois - in the United States of A
    Country Flag:
    he's sackable. You have a big drawback as lizards because saurii are the ones that go on the LOS. That means you generally want them sturdy. Sure you can keep that one in particular off the LOS, but if your opponent is doing his research, he's going to check your team ahead of time and make a point to target your stunty saurus. Lizards rely on having all their strength on the pitch. Making one of your saurii easily removable is counterproductive and will often lead to a higher ratio of skinks on the field.

6. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    I would go against the tide and also wait till I had the Krox, until you do you have to have an extra skink on the field which imo makes you more vulnerable than a gimped saurus. Sure he might get an MVP which would be annoying but not the end of the world, should be easy to avoid scoring with him and if he gets a cas then he's done his job, wouldn't begrudge him that :).

7. kaos001

kaos001 Member

Country Flag:
    Hate to jump in here but i have a similar question,

I also have a lizard team with a niggled Saurus as well as a one with a minus AV but they both have block. I don't have the Krox either, should i get the Krox ASAP or replace them as I can?

8. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    For me its the same thing, get as much AV 9 (or even 8) on the pitch first, then start replacing the surplus parts, but yeah you do probably still want to replace them despite the skill.

9. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    I would get the Krox first, they still need to break armor 9 to get to the niggle and the av 8 should not be a big problem if you can keep him out of contact. Once you get the Krox then replace in the order you think is best:powdodge:

10. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    +1 on getting the Krox first. The Krox is arguably one of the best Big Guys in the game and the sinergy with a full 6 Saurii contingent, niggled or not (7 pieces with 4+ ST and their associated pitch control) is tremendous.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  11. Ken

Ken Kenny the Mechanic

Country Flag:
    Everything that can be said has been.

GET KROXY WITH IT!