1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nordland Know Nothings [Season 15 fluff thread]

Discussion in 'Big Crunch 2' started by Orielensis, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Orielensis

Orielensis Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Orielensis
    Cyanide Username:
    Orielensis
    Country Flag:
    Almost there. But there are no prizes for almost! Three of you get to tilt for the title next season, who will it be?

In the meantime, please use this thread to deliver some championship level smack, boasting, analysis and fluffy stuff.

Tickets have been issued, last to accept WILL be named and shamed.

@EvilSmoothie
    @Zombane
    @JJape
    @James Rye
    @L-Kid
    @troxbirds
    @Guinness
    @Giantcodfish
    @Filadeus
    @comfort_eagle

I will be your admin for the season so any problems, issues, questions, absences, etc, please get in touch here or on steam or discord.

2. Orielensis

Steam Username:
    Orielensis
    Cyanide Username:
    Orielensis
    Country Flag:
    Right, this is how it will be:

1. Ladies In Velvet - Vampires - @Filadeus . Chosen on the strength of his coaching. The team is in a good if very weirdly bloaty shape with almost as many stat ups as other levels. Not easy to get the ball off 2 blodge str 5 guys and you know he can take the ball off you!

2. World Cup Layoffs - Lizardmen - @Guinness . Another great coach returning with this ancient and powerful team. Blodge str 4 is the schtick and it's a good one. As with many teams, the lack of claw in Nordland this season is a big plus.

3. Eat Sleep Bash Repeat - Dwarves - @Zombane . Altdwarf credentials and Sensible Fred. Has the tackle to deal with the divisions dodgier contenders.

4. Master's Army - Orcs - @L-Kid . Mightiest of the orc contenders and with a very good record. Potential for promotion for sure but I've preferred Guinness and Zombane based on their experience and track record.

5. We Roll Skulls - Khemri - @EvilSmoothie . Another good coach who will benefit from the absence of claw. Two great Thro-Ras but the Tomb Guardians are not so exciting.

6. The Noble Orcs - Orcs - @James Rye . Yet another good coach and fielding my favourite orc in BC2, who has won me the Allstar twice (Sir Mokclaw). Team is understandably a bit beaten up after last season but can use this one to recover.

7. Capering Oligarchs - Kislev - @troxbirds . The agi mens of the division (not counting the vamps). Could do better than this but I think they'll benefit less from the lack of claw than most and stand to get beaten up quite often.

8. Street Cred - Goblins - @comfort_eagle . Such a great coach that I can't pick him last even with stunties. Certainly the division's wildcard.

9. Phantom Girls - Amazons - @JJape . Of all the teams this one has been unlucky with the draw. Actively hindered by the lack of claw teams. 3 orcs, lizards and Sensible Fred will hurt.

10. Can I axe you sumtink? - Orcs - @Giantcodfish . The least developed orc team and with a coach who I believe may be relatively new (or at least I don't know him much yet). How will he cope with the step up in quality at tier 2?

Fight me.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    L-Kid and Filadeus like this.
  3. Zombane

Zombane Active Member

Steam Username:
    "Humble" Rob
    Cyanide Username:
    Zombane
    Country Flag:
    This is looking like a division with a lack of bash. Not looked st the teams yet but I recognise some of the coaches.

4. Orielensis

Steam Username:
    Orielensis
    Cyanide Username:
    Orielensis
    Country Flag:
    We approve of racial profiling (in blood bowl!)

We have:

Khemri
    Dwarf
    Orc x3
    Kislev
    Goblin
    Amazon
    Lizardman
    Vampire

Claw count - zero unless @Filadeus induces chaney at some point (unlikely).

Only 4 tickets not accepted already - don't be that guy! :p

5. James Rye

James Rye Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    James Rye
    Country Flag:
    FUCK YEAH!!!

HELL NO!!!

6. JJape

JJape Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    JJape
    Country Flag:
    Where did all the claw go? This is even worse than previous season, damn orc infestation, and other kind of dwarves this time o_O. I sense a team reroll coming, but we will see...

7. Orielensis

Steam Username:
    Orielensis
    Cyanide Username:
    Orielensis
    Country Flag:
    Yeah you are the victim @JJape

Still it’s a fun mix for everyone else! :D

8. Orielensis

Steam Username:
    Orielensis
    Cyanide Username:
    Orielensis
    Country Flag:
    Averland are full by the way so you are all disappointing. Slackers.

9. Zombane

Zombane Active Member

Steam Username:
    "Humble" Rob
    Cyanide Username:
    Zombane
    Country Flag:
    Zero claw has given Sensible Fred a permanent boner. The Amazons and Goblins look ripe for the plunder.

10. Guinness

Guinness Active Member

Country Flag:
    Looks like I was "That guy" straggling in last, but at least we're a full division now! Crazy stat ups in this division, other than @comfort_eagle and myself, there's an average of 3.5 stat up per team (but some of those have to just accept that the stats went to other teams).

I'm going to add a set of predictions as I like to do them, sets of 3, top, mid, bottom.

Top:
    Ladies In Velvet - Vampires - @Filadeus : One of my personal favourite coaches in this division, Filadeus is a rockstar coach and extremely solid any day of the week. The only danger I see with the vampires is that nearly every team has blodge carriers and with only a 2 Tackle players they might have issues claiming the ball from opponents.
    World Cup Layoffs - Lizardmen - @Guinness :
    Despite being in a rebuilding phase after the death of their key Blitzer (and subsequent decision to try playing without a core blitzer) this legacy team is a few key SPP away from being a nightmare to non-Dwarf teams. Also suffering from a low take on Tackle, this team will be counting on POWs to deal with its opponents' carriers.
    Eat Sleep Bash Repeat - Dwarves - @Zombane :
    The most toxic MB possessing team in the division, every single team going up against these dwarves will likely suffer some MNGs (or worse) moving on to their next game. Whoever plays teams after these guys will have a bunch of thank yous to offer.

Mid:
    We Roll Skulls - Khemri - @EvilSmoothie :
    Another team that a good number of thank yous will probably go out to due to the nature of fouling that Khemri will put forward. This is another team that will suffer from the lack of tackle on the team when going after carriers, but with the amount of MB on the team, they might well thin out the opponents' ranks to make the game easier on them.
    Phantom Girls - Amazons - @JJape .
    Despite Filadeus placing these ladies near the bottom, I have a personal opinion that the lack of tackle in the division will see them through most of the games (providing they survive their dwarf game). I look forward to seeing them rattle a few of the teams in this division.
    Capering Oligarchs - Kislev - @troxbirds :
    With a serious lack of Sure Hands in this division, I have a feeling that a capable coach like Trox will make use of that and score a lot of defensive TDs that will win or tie him a number of games despite likely losing to attrition. Additionally, if he can pick up a catcher with +AG by the end of the season, those steals will go even smoother.
    Master's Army - Orcs - @L-Kid :
    The most solidly developed Orc team in the division. With plenty of Tackle and 5 iterations of MB, this is the team that is going to scare a lot of other teams in the division. L-Kid and Zombane's teams are the only ones that stand to rough up the Amazons and Vampires of this division, so that might end up a little scary for those two, and I see him landing solidly in the middle.

Bottom:
    The Noble Orcs - Orcs - @James Rye :
    Great coach, but looks to be in a similar state to the World Cup Layoffs, stuck in a rebuilding season. With 2 barely leveled up Black Orcs, and 2 Rookie Black Orcs, this team looks to need to develop those players before this team will be able to lay down the smack that we expect from a coach like James.
    Street Cred - Goblins - @comfort_eagle :
    I'm happy seeing this team so well developed and high in the divisions. I'm looking forward to seeing what the gobbos do, but with 2 tackle/MB heavy teams in this division I see at least 4 games going poorly for them (including follow up games) making their likelihood of remaining in a T2 division unlikely.
    Can I axe you sumtink? - Orcs - @Giantcodfish :
    Another Orc team with a great coach that simply has more building to do. @Orielensis called it right saying that this team simply needs more time to develop before taking on the likes of what's in this division.

Good luck to all the teams in the division! Looking forward to an awesome season, and meeting a couple of the new faces to me and hanging out with some awesome coaches!! :)

James Rye, L-Kid and Filadeus like this.
  11. Zombane

Zombane Active Member

Steam Username:
    "Humble" Rob
    Cyanide Username:
    Zombane
    Country Flag:
    [​IMG]

Guinness likes this.
  12. comfort_eagle

comfort_eagle Active Member

Steam Username:
    comfort_eagle
    Country Flag:
    All I see is bloat. Now I'm off to review the resumes of all these chefs who've applied for the job...

13. James Rye

Steam Username:
    James Rye
    Country Flag:
    Why do I always end at the bottom of the predictions in Nordland? D:

14. Orielensis

Steam Username:
    Orielensis
    Cyanide Username:
    Orielensis
    Country Flag:
    6th is not bottom

15. James Rye

Steam Username:
    James Rye
    Country Flag:
    I am at Guinness prediction list though. I think 6th is the highest prediction I ever got so far in Nordland. xD

16. Orielensis

Steam Username:
    Orielensis
    Cyanide Username:
    Orielensis
    Country Flag:
    Rogue non admin predictions! Good though, we like controversy in the fluff thread.

17. Mynimo1

Mynimo1 Active Member

Steam Username:
    mynimo6
    Cyanide Username:
    Mynimo1
    Country Flag:
    @James Rye I feel ya - I have never been predicted to finish above 8th in any division I have been in and this is my 2nd trip to Altdwarf and I won Nordland S12 (predicted to finish 8th by Street).

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
    James Rye likes this.
  18. helGn

helGn Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    helGn
    Country Flag:
    I predicted you #1!
    But you bailed on me ☹️

19. comfort_eagle

comfort_eagle Active Member

Steam Username:
    comfort_eagle
    Country Flag:
    If I have a team left after MD1, then the mighty dwarves shall hang their heads in shame, and be laughed out of every beer hall they'll ever hope to darken with their shadows into eternity.

Guinness and helGn like this.
  20. helGn

helGn Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    helGn
    Country Flag:
    Heavy!