Dark Elf Normal skill for AG6 Dark Elf Runner?

Metalface13

Rookie
Country Flag
One of my dark elf runners just leveled up. He has AG6 and nerves of steel. Block or dodge to keep him alive or something that takes advantage of his high agility? Like develop him into a long pass specialitz?

My other runner has nerves of steel, pass and block.

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
AG6 is no better than AG5 for passing ( modified 1 is always a fumble ). To make use of AG6 he wants dodge. It is also good for picking up the ball in multiple TZ's so surehands is an option.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Dodge first, then block or sidestep, with the other one (or sure hands) at legend..?

Mephiston

Star Player
Country Flag
What about Leap? Maybe not at this point (I would take Dodge at this point), but maybe down the line?

Edit: Of course, there are problems with using leap... if you fail your guy is probably right in the middle of the opponents and all... ready to be kicked to pieces. I am more asking in a "would Leap be a viable option?" sortof a question. Because I do see scenarios where Leap would trump trying to dodge into a cluster of opponents to get the ball.

Last edited:

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
If I was going for leap then I would combine it with sure hands. Leap in , pick up the ball and then pass it away. The problem with this is he really wants dodge as well. That is why I really don't like NoS as the 1st pick on a runner. Dodge is far better as it works with almost every build so you can wait before deciding his role to see if you get AG , ST , MA or a double.

Valokiloren

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
ʋǟʟ
Cyanide Username
Valokiloren
Country Flag
I'd pick up Dodge, to be honest, since you can roll with the next skill rolls a tad easier without having to change things on a dime or alternatively ignore a good roll to force yourself down a track skillset.

That said, I don't like NoS. It's more of a fluff skill as opposed to being a good one. Simply put, NoS means... I can pass or catch unhindered despite being next to another player. While I understand that if combined with Dump-Off you can funnel the ball a little better, it doesn't partner up with the passing game at all. It's a very backwards skill, because you simply just don't want to be next to someone when making a pass, nor do you want to be in tackle zones if you are attempting a catch. It's putting a thrower unnecessarily at risk to pass in a tackle zone and there is seldom a situation where a NoS catch is necessary. The only one I can see being the case is a Turn 8/ 16 Long Bomb where the thrower has to move backwards to pick-up a spilled ball and then make said pass, and the receiver needs to remain stationary in order for the pass to reach and THEN escape TZs as opposed to escaping and then the pass going through.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Due to Cyanide bugs NoS is not important to a runner, and accurate or pass is better in all ways for a dumpoff ballcarrier.

Metalface13

Rookie
Country Flag
I wasn't aware cyanode had a NoS bug. The idea was originally to have the two runners run the ball in tandem. Passing was usually a last resort but it has become more prevalent lately.

I already have a blitzer with dodge, leap, ST4 and AG5 as a cage breaker.

Mephiston

Star Player
Country Flag
Leap on the Runner would not be a cage breaker though... it would more be a ball retriever and sender/passer-off'er.

Because just because you manage to break the cage, and get at the ballcarrier, does not mean that the ball lands where you want it to land. An AG6 Leaper could get in there and pick up the ball easier then most.

Also, question... in what way is NoS bugged? I recall knowing that it was, but since I never used the skill it never came up for me.

PaloLV

Star Player
Cyanide Username
PaloLV
Country Flag
NoS isn't bugged that I know of but Dump-Off is bugged in that the guy hitting the ball carrier doesn't apply his -1 to the Dump-Off Pass roll despite being in contact with the passer which makes NoS less important to have.

notafunhater

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
notafunhater
Country Flag
I employ two runners exactly the way you envisioned and I've found NoS to be marginally useful.

My 'thrower' has blodge, pass, accurate, and strong arm.
My 'catcher' has blodge, NoS, catch, and side step (picked up after having a couple of blitzers die and needed to use as a faux blitzer, though sure hands may have been better as I use this guy on defense).

As PaloLV states, blitzing a dump-off player does not apply the -1 modifier to the dump off pass, meaning a dark elf runner still does it on a 2+. However trying to catch a ball in traffic makes NoS still useful. That being said, it is kinda backwards as you probably want to avoid being in traffic in the first place. I like having NoS but I wouldn't take it first again on my next one; probably blodge and catch/sure hands first next time. Then maybe go with NoS.

About the agi6 runner though - definitely dodge first, then block. Afterwards you could go with sure hands or leap if he makes it to legend.