1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Norse screenshot and TV++ announcement from cyanide:

Discussion in 'Blood Bowl 2' started by twitch.tv/the_Sage_BB, Mar 7, 2016.

1. twitch.tv/the_Sage_BB

twitch.tv/the_Sage_BB Active Member

Country Flag:
  2. mamutas

mamutas Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    Thanks for the update.

What a horrible screenshot! Who picked it? :confused:

Well, as glad I am to hear about the new things, I personally don't care about ladder MM at all. I'd rather see improvements for private league admin tools, which are very very lacking comparing to BB1 incarnation.o_O

3. ManBearPig

ManBearPig Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    ManBearPig
    Country Flag:
    They could have at least taken the shot from the front... Or a line up at the beginning of the match. Amateurs....

4. notafunhater

notafunhater Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    So what's with the hate for TV++? Isn't matching people against teams with similar records a good thing? I think ELO would be better still, but this has to be a step up from the current system.

I agree with @mamutas in that the league tools need a serious overhaul. They are a huge pain in the ass.

5. DireSickFish

DireSickFish Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    SickFish
    Cyanide Username:
    DireSickFish
    Country Flag:
    I think the majority of games played are going to be in open ladder so it makes sense to make that more robust first. Not really excited to much for Norse themselves, AV7 scares the crap outa me. I am looking forward to the 3 races after Norse.

6. twitch.tv/the_Sage_BB

twitch.tv/the_Sage_BB Active Member

Country Flag:
    If I understand it correctly, it's not just similar win records, it's compensating for win record with TV. So a 15/0/0 TV 1500 team would get matched up vs a 10/10/20 TV 2500 team.
    I think the hate comes from people who win a lot, and feel they should rightly win a lot, rather than that they should get challenged more. I'd enjoy being matched up vs better coaches automatically, but getting my elves matched up vs someone who has 3M TV dwarves who was lame enough to concede against all chaos they face, and get rewarded for it by getting to face low TV elves... I won't like that too much. We'll see how it plays out. If it's bad for the top 1% of coaches, but good for most, I'm still OK with that for sake of the game as a whole. =)

Majimbauro and notafunhater like this.
  7. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    re the Norse pic, I hope the white haired guys off the LOS are berserkers and not Ulfs. Can't really see much of the Yeti model, yeah worst screenshot ever! I'm looking forward to Norse, but more so Nurgle, would be great if they get Nurgle released in time for the next Big Crunch 2 but I doubt it will happen.

8. notafunhater

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    Nurgle will be a couple months at least, I'd guess, even if they are the next race. I wouldn't be surprised to see Undead next however. They haven't said which of the 3 teams is after Norse though.

9. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    I think they said Norse, Undead, Nurgle, Necro. I would have thought Necro would be pretty much the same coding wise as UD so maybe they will release those 2 closer together though.

10. notafunhater

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    Indeed, they are very similar. Only difference is wolves and flesh golems instead of mummies.

11. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    Yeah and note all the next 3 teams have regen, don't think any other team has that at present. I guess Foul Appearance and Disturbing Presence are already in the game as mutations. I know Cyanide get a lot of stick but I am actually encouraged with what they are doing - the free DLC for existing owners is very welcome and quite surprising!

Majimbauro likes this.
  12. St Cloud

St Cloud Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    St. Cloud
    Country Flag:
    The Troll has regen.

Ravers likes this.
  13. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    Good point, that's 1 less thing to do then, I expect my beloved Nurgle next week;)

14. Orielensis

Orielensis Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Orielensis
    Cyanide Username:
    Orielensis
    Country Flag:
    Can I ask a dumb question?

I read the article linked. Is "classic" TV++ then:

Wins - losses (per team not for the coach as a whole) x 30k is added to TV for TV matchmaking purposes?

So, if you had a TV 1500 team with 12 wins, no losses or draws, you would enter matchmaking as if you were in the current system but at 1860 TV?

I know they haven't confirmed that's precisely what they're going to use. It does seem to me that it breaks good coaches records only by matching them against increasing high level opposition until their team is bound to be wrecked. But I have no experience of this, so we'll see.

15. Otherguy

Otherguy Active Member

Country Flag:
    At least they try to improve things! :)

Orielensis and mamutas like this.
  16. Orielensis

Orielensis Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Orielensis
    Cyanide Username:
    Orielensis
    Country Flag:
    Yes, don't get me wrong, the support is better than expected.

I just want someone to answer a genuine question to make sure I've understood it :)

17. NieA7

NieA7 Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    NieA7
    Cyanide Username:
    Under7
    Country Flag:
    While Necro are the team I'm waiting for I'm disappointed there are no stunty teams even announced yet. Thanks to WElfs trees are already in the game, and Orcs mean all the throw team mate coding is done - I hoped they would do 'flings as a stop gap before moving onto teams with lots of different models (like, picking something completely at random, Norse). If the stunty teams are paid for DLC I can't imagine many will spring for them, which would be a great pity.

18. JimmyFantastic

JimmyFantastic Member

Country Flag:
    I'm not against TV++ because good coaches win rates will suffer (as much as Dode accuses me of being a selfish prick).
    TV++ actively punishes winning in an environment with already too many concessions, creates bigger TV mismatches, and makes team preservation more important.
    It should be clear to anyone with a deep understanding of the game that it is a horrific idea. Hopefully the version Cyanide goes with isn't too bad.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
  19. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    TV++ sounds like it might be good for skaven, who can play games with a core team, then induce a bunch of loner meatshields, a couple babes and apos, and a wizard.

I'd like it if Cyanide added a "concessions made" mechanism to the matchmaking, first trying to match up against coaches (not teams) with a similar rating.

And/or a reconnection mode - spinning while the opponent is still in game means getting back to it. Eh, I dunno.

20. Tjorne

Tjorne Member

Cyanide Username:
    .marXman. (BB1), Tjorne (BB2)
    Country Flag:
    I guess TV++ (if it works as described here or similar) could be good for Goblins (when/if they come) because it gets them a higher chance of playing against higher TV than normal MM. At least if the coach is good...