1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noteworthy Nordland (S18 Fluff)

Discussion in 'Big Crunch 2' started by Supa, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Supa

Supa Active Member

Steam Username:
    Supa
    Cyanide Username:
    Supajee
    Country Flag:
    The following coaches and have been summoned to compete in Nordland this season.

@JJape, coaching Phantom Girls (Amazon)
    @Zombane, coaching Eat Sleep Bash Repeat (Dwarf)
    @Trunkhead, coaching Jar of Flies (Nurgle)
    @Bärserk, coaching Imperium Lizardorum (Lizardman)
    @Nuttyfessor, coaching Infernal Milky Way (Dark Elf)
    @James Rye (Sengil89 in game), coaching The Noble Orcs (probably orc, not sure)
    @FemurMuertez, coaching The Snapping Tendons (Human)
    @Noctifer (Durteef Basha in game), coaching Cluster Suckers (Vampire)
    @Guinness, coaching World Cup Layoffs (Lizardman)
    @Otherguy, coaching Nonfactors (Chaos)

Tickets have been sent, go and accept them so that we can start this thing.

Truly a noteworthy division, as we've plenty of long-timers who've had an impressive career here on BBT, while also a good mix of newer teams with talented coaching. If my memory serves me well it also seems that some old rivalries have been brought back together here in Nordland. Overall, looking forward to watching you all go at it this season!

2. Supa

Supa Active Member

Steam Username:
    Supa
    Cyanide Username:
    Supajee
    Country Flag:
    Teams breakdown:

Phantom Girls
    (Amazon), coached by @JJape: Current Amazon BiR holders (2nd of Altdwarf!), this had to endure quite a beating to reach there. Last season wasn't doing any favors and now they dropped here. The team's still looking quite mediocre, with the only shining light being the superstar catcher Ann Takemaki. I assume that they'll have a hard time trying to stay even in t2 this season, but JJape has proved to deliver greatness as an underdog.

Eat Sleep Bash Repeat (Dwarf), coached by @Zombane: Fred and his gang are probably the most violent team in Big Crunch 2, possibly ever? Last season wasn't great for them, but they managed to skill some blockers and obtain a pretty good runner. With so much hitting power, I believe this team can at the very least survive the two claw teams here. They're dwarves, they hit hard but struggle to win games occasionally. Still, strong candidate to make a return to Altdwarf.

Jar of Flies (Nurgle), coached by @Trunkhead: They've been in Altdwarf once, but have spent most of their time in t2. And they've been really close almost every time. It just happens to be that Nurgle has been doing Nurgle things, which has escalated into just a bit too many draws. Their warrior core is still intact and scary, but it appears that the pestigors have taken a hit. I'm quite sure they're a lock to stay in here, but can Trunkhead make those relatively fresh pestigors to notch enough points for promotion?

Imperium Lizardorum (Lizardman), coached by @Bärserk: For a moment it looked like these new Lizardmen would promote to Altdwarf, but that was not to be. Bärserk is a skilled coach no doubt for taking his team quickly this high with a solid record. I still hesitate to expect great things from them this season, as the saurii are looking quite underdeveloped for this division. MA10 skink will probably manage some oneturners though, which makes this team competitive.

Infernal Milky Way (Dark Elf), coached by @Nuttyfessor: They've returned to tier 2, winning Nuln division last season. Team is rostering 9 players for now, although one of them is MNG and is probably getting booted in the near future. They have some gold on their bank, so there's little potential to get some bench for this team. Even then, they can get wizards against the big dogs and make some elfy plays with their awesome stat freaks. Difficult to say how they will fare, they could make a strong push for promotion or just suffer from injuries and deaths this season.

The Noble Orcs (Orc), coached by @James Rye: Could this be their season? They spent plenty of time in t2, but never made it to Altdwarf. Last two seasons in t3 were quite flourishing though, as their blitzers are extremely good and the team is rostering seven ST4 players! Black orcs could be more developed, but everything else is taken care of in this team. That strength superiority supported by two AG4 players should solve plenty of problems, so I believe we're looking at a potential division winner here.

The Snapping Tendons (Human), coached by @FemurMuertez: Oh boy, what a nightmare division to be in. The Snapping Tendons have been in tier2 once and then they fell down, hard. Now all that rebuilding in tier3 has been succesful as their team is looking stronger than ever, with plenty of skills and stat boosts. They're still really missing Emil Frej-kind of game-changer to really compete in this division. Overall the team pales in comparison to others due to humans being average. They will still notch some points and they will upset a topdog this season, I am sure.

Cluster Suckers (Vampire), coached by @Noctifer: These vampires have had a solid run during their 3 seasons. Now they're going to be pitted in quite a challenge. Vampires are looking neat, though not so much pro and only 3 rerolls. Most of the teams have tackle to negate vampire dodge though. I fear this team might not be quite ready for tier2 yet and it could be a bloody season for them. Do your best to prove me wrong!

World Cup Layoffs (Lizardman), coached by @Guinness: These old timers have been bouncing between Altdwarf and tier3. They won Averland last season and are looking quite good heading into this season. Not at their prime anymore, they're still rostering an amazing kroxigor and some nasty block+dodge saurii. They're still lacking in hitting power though, so there is a small risk that they might get outbashed or cannot bully weaker opponents quite enough. Guinness is renowned lizardman coach though, so this is a strong package.

Nonfactors (Chaos), coached by @Otherguy: Otherguy is a good one. The team is also... solid, they have plenty of hitting power and safe blocking. A good carrier is what they're missing, as well as some guard and possibly tackle too. Really hard to predict how these guys will do, I think they could make a push to Altdwarf. It's just that is it the time to take the risk for that yet though, as there's still some development to do (something that could be taken care of this season with some luck).

Predictions
    1. The Noble Orcs
    2. Jar of Flies
    3. Eat Sleep Bash Repeat
    4. Nonfactors
    5. World Cup Layoffs
    6. Imperium Lizardorum
    7. Infernal Milky Way
    8. Phantom Girls
    9. The Snapping Tendons
    10. Cluster Suckers

I am not happy with the predictions, it could be anything this season. But I think the 4 strongest bash teams can pick up points the most consistently. Either lizardman team could make it there if their saurii don't break this season. Dark elves are my dark horse for this season, they should be probably higher than that actually. The teams I ranked bottom 3 will probably have some extra tough love here. Although Jjape is still going to be in Altdwarf next season probably... bah, just prove me wrong everyone, unless ye're fine with the prediction!

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    Otherguy likes this.
  3. James Rye

James Rye Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    James Rye
    Country Flag:
    I think the only teams I haven't played yet are Nonfactors and Cluster Suckers, I could be wrong but I am sure I have played all other teams at least once and some more. Gonna be a tough season for sure. Good luck to all coaches here and may Nuffle bless my dice whenever I meet any of you on the field! :p

4. FemurMuertez

FemurMuertez Active Member

Steam Username:
    FemurMuertez
    Cyanide Username:
    FemurMuertez
    Country Flag:
    Cluster Suckers are our friendly neighbourhood vamps from Nuln that suck mostly on each other!;)

And, for the record, I'm no pixel hugger but.. Damn. I miss my team already. This is the first season, like ever, that I have all of my blitzers breathing... Propably won't have that luxury at the end of the season...:D

But I have 4 cn teh futura! Hiers a betta list:
    1. The Snapping Tendons
    2. - 10. Irrelevant

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    Guinness likes this.
  5. James Rye

James Rye Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    James Rye
    Country Flag:
    Well, then I probably fought everyone on that list at least once. Curse my bad memories. XD

6. Otherguy

Otherguy Active Member

Country Flag:
    That pretty much hits the nail on the head. I am at least 400TV behind on average in this division. Also it seems like this division is VERY dodge heavy and as you stated, I am missing tackle.
    So my goal for this division is: Don't demote and push the TV to 1900+.

Anyway looking forward to play BC2 again after the small break. Have a good season everyone :)

7. Noctifer

Noctifer Member

Steam Username:
    Noctifer
    Cyanide Username:
    Durteef Basha
    Country Flag:
    Looking forward to some new (and old) opponents and doing better than last place. :confused:

8. FemurMuertez

Steam Username:
    FemurMuertez
    Cyanide Username:
    FemurMuertez
    Country Flag:
  9. Bärserk

Bärserk Member

Country Flag:
    Let us hope for a fun season for everyone!

10. Supa

Supa Active Member

Steam Username:
    Supa
    Cyanide Username:
    Supajee
    Country Flag:
    @Nuttyfessor is still missing. I've PMd him and tried to add him on Steam, but he seems to have been offline there for few days also. If he hasn't replied anything by today (or if somebody knows where he is) we're starting to look for a replacement. Possibly promoting somebody from tier3, or having a stunty team in Nordland.

Everyone else has accepted their tickets.

Otherguy likes this.
  11. Otherguy

Otherguy Active Member

Country Flag:
    One of the few teams I am not scared of :D

12. Trunkhead

Trunkhead Active Member

Steam Username:
    Skepticalz
    Cyanide Username:
    Trunkhead
    Country Flag:
    Doesn't he have a couple more days?

13. Supa

Supa Active Member

Steam Username:
    Supa
    Cyanide Username:
    Supajee
    Country Flag:
    He does and we won't start until Wednesday looking how the things are going. But if we're starting to look for a replacement then, the kick-off is going to be delayed.

14. Trunkhead

Trunkhead Active Member

Steam Username:
    Skepticalz
    Cyanide Username:
    Trunkhead
    Country Flag:
    He's played in bc2 a long time. He's reliable, he will get to his ticket

Nuttyfessor and Supa like this.
  15. Nuttyfessor

Nuttyfessor Active Member

Steam Username:
    hazelnuttydk
    Country Flag:
    Cheers Trunkhead..!

Guinness likes this.
  16. Guinness

Guinness Active Member

Country Flag:
    @Supa
    So finishing my game with @James Rye today he mentioned he cost you 9 points... to which I thought to myself, "Why would he say that?" Looking at your predictions now I understand!

You did call it though, if the Lizards manage to get past the claw teams then they could be real contenders. I got /extremely/ fortunate, in my Bash matchups with the cake taker of those, according to BB2Replay being an 8pt luck discrepancy vs. @Zombane (best dice I've had this year) and purging the division of a Pestigor from @Trunkhead (condolences on that).

Really looking forward to playing @FemurMuertez , @Nuttyfessor and @JJape again because they're all exceptional coaches (and I'm a team low on Tackle). Should be some challenging games, and I really hope everyone's having fun this season. @James Rye glad the only perm our game was a rookie skinker, I hope your team keeps up the good work for games to come!

James Rye and FemurMuertez like this.
  17. FemurMuertez

Steam Username:
    FemurMuertez
    Cyanide Username:
    FemurMuertez
    Country Flag:
    I'm eager to get a rematch against you @Guinness!:) Last time we played I had 7 rookies (3 were loners though:D).
    This time I was hoping to put up a fight, unlike the last time with a 3-0 result... But as I am playing against @Trunkhead and his disgusting Nurgle today, I might end up having more loners than the last time...:rolleyes:
    Never been this afraid before a match... Haven't slept properly in a week...:p Time for some shenanigans...

Guinness likes this.
  18. Trunkhead

Trunkhead Active Member

Steam Username:
    Skepticalz
    Cyanide Username:
    Trunkhead
    Country Flag:
    im available right now until our scheduled time. just give me like 15 mins headway. otherwise i'll see you at 2100

19. FemurMuertez

Steam Username:
    FemurMuertez
    Cyanide Username:
    FemurMuertez
    Country Flag:
    Good to know. I'll holler if I make it earlier. But even in the optimal scenario the earliest I could do is 19.30utc.

20. Guinness

Guinness Active Member

Country Flag:
    I'll be cheering for you! Humies are one of my favourite teams.