1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noteworthy Nordland (S18 Fluff)

Discussion in 'Big Crunch 2' started by Supa, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Guinness

Guinness Active Member

Country Flag:
    @JJape please let me start of by offering a moment of silence and respect. The last time we faced one another it was a relatively bloodless game, and my Krox was taking a much earned break. This time my team is a little more ready to show up and a little less demoralized about the loss of their killer (which is now a terribly annoying player instead). Condolences on the ringer that @Otherguy put you through, watching Ann go down to a failed 1/36 death reminds me of how we lost the original Grish (only Legendary player we had). Serious empathy goes out to you on this one, and my apologies that you're up against a high TV team right after such a rough one. Maybe that you get over 1k in inducements can make you laugh or smile?

Times in UTC-7 that I'm good to start:
    Th/Su/Mo: 10:00-21:00
    Fr/Sa: 10:00-16:00

Just let me know what works for you and we'll make it happen. Hope you have an awesome week!

2. JJape

JJape Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    JJape
    Country Flag:
    It tragic that Ann died so short of legend. I was about to reroll with the team anyway, but wish I had gotten legend before that.

Anyways, I posted to MD-thread, and proposed Sunday for the match.

Guinness likes this.
  3. Guinness

Guinness Active Member

Country Flag:
    Braindead the other day. I must have closed the wrong window. :)

4. Supa

Supa Active Member

Steam Username:
    Supa
    Cyanide Username:
    Supajee
    Country Flag:
    Hey everyone. Christmas is knocking our doors, and I was just wondering that is everyone going to be able to play the final match day with no problems. Season is scheduled to end on 17th of December (although generally final match day can be extended no problem). If Christmas errands start to get in the way, please contact me and your final opponent soon, so that we can react appropriately in time.

5. Trunkhead

Trunkhead Active Member

Steam Username:
    Skepticalz
    Cyanide Username:
    Trunkhead
    Country Flag:
    I wont have any issues on my end

6. Guinness

Guinness Active Member

Country Flag:
    Using this to plan ahead a little. @Noctifer I'm away from Dec 12th till Dec 17th. If you'd be available to play Wed Dec 11th, that'd be awesome, 17:00-00:00 UTC is ideal for me. I can also do Thu Dec 12th if we start between 15:00-16:20 as I have an early flight.

Or, if we can get an extension, I could play Dec 18th. @Supa is that an option?

7. Supa

Supa Active Member

Steam Username:
    Supa
    Cyanide Username:
    Supajee
    Country Flag:
    Sure, no problem. Match day can be extended to 21th of December at least, the problem is that if the coaches are playing video games by then anymore. :)

8. James Rye

James Rye Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    James Rye
    Country Flag:
    Christmas came early for me. I just won my first game in T2 and none of my Orcs died. And for me I am fine with the schedule of 17th if @JJape is so as well.

FemurMuertez, Guinness and Supa like this.
  9. Trunkhead

Trunkhead Active Member

Steam Username:
    Skepticalz
    Cyanide Username:
    Trunkhead
    Country Flag:
    Thanks for the season everyone. Congrats to those that promoted. And special thanks to Supra for keeping us in track

10. James Rye

Steam Username:
    James Rye
    Country Flag:
    Is it already over? All games played? What's the final prediction point tally?

11. FemurMuertez

FemurMuertez Active Member

Steam Username:
    FemurMuertez
    Cyanide Username:
    FemurMuertez
    Country Flag:
    @James Rye
    Still one game to go. It should be happening tonight.

12. FemurMuertez

FemurMuertez Active Member

Steam Username:
    FemurMuertez
    Cyanide Username:
    FemurMuertez
    Country Flag:
    Thanks for the season everyone! It was a fun one. Hope to see you guys again on the pitch!
    And thanks for the solid admin work @Supa!

Edit: and you could post the prediction score here... :D

Otherguy, Supa, James Rye and 2 others like this.
  13. Otherguy

Otherguy Active Member

Country Flag:
    @Supa Rank 4. You said it. It happend.

Supa likes this.
  14. Supa

Supa Active Member

Steam Username:
    Supa
    Cyanide Username:
    Supajee
    Country Flag:
    [​IMG]

The season has reached its end with the following standings. Congratulations @Bärserk for winning Nordland this season and securing promotion along @Guinness and @FemurMuertez.

So far it looks like that @Trunkhead and @Nuttyfessor will stay in Nordland next season along @Otherguy (assuming Nutty will continue with his team. :)). If the rumors of more rerolls happening are true, it's possible that @James Rye will also stay in Nordland, potentially @Noctifer too depending of Nuttyfessor's decision. Sadly all things come to an end eventually, with @JJape and @Zombane looking forward to a new start in Big Crunch. Truly a "noteworthy" season of (in)famous teams and coaches in this division!

My predictions were ass again, with only Nonfactors being spot on and Infernal Milky Way + Phantom Girls only being one spot away from my prediction... everything else failed horribly. :D It was difficult as it could've obviously gone any way around, so I figured that heavy bash can survive a long, violent season and grind their way to top3. But Nuffle is fickle and bash didn't get to play their own game this season. I did mention that both lizardmen teams have capable coaches and that if the saurii survive, they'll be powerhouses. So not too surprised to see them promoting. The Snapping Tendons are the biggest surprise however, to me at least. Great job proving me wrong. :D

Since Christmas is near, and I haven't been able to make any fluff this season, I shall present you all some player awards!

First up we have The Best Passer award. For this award I am going to nominate two players: The almost legendary human thrower Goran Hartmut of The Snapping Tendons and vampire Count Rokhor of Cluster Suckers. Count Rokhor made quite impressive 13 passes this season, which is miles ahead of the season 2nd Goran (7 completed passes)! But where Goran totally takes the lead is the passing distance, whopping 74 yards for Goran, versus 38 of Count Rokhor.

For The Best Runner award, we have another player from the Snapping Tendons: Gerhart Frej. This fast human catcher wins it with 380 rushing yards. The younger brother of Emil Frej might not be as flashy, but he's certainly made an impact. He also takes Most Touchdowns award, scoring 10 touchdowns this season.

If Sensible Fred would've won this award, I would've named this after him. But he isn't! The Most Killed award goes to Sam "Impulse" Davies of World Cup Layoffs! The saurus made impressive job without piling on, although frenzy certainly is an asset for such a strong player. He also caused most casualties this season with nine overall. Also a sign that chaos and nurgle didn't sharpen their claws this season.

And now for the controversial MVP award... there are many candidates. Caligula II, the oneturning skink certainly has been the deciding player many games... but he's only fielded so rarely! I can't give the award to him! Each team has their own MVP, but I believe that the late Ann Takemaki of Phantom Girls gets this award. She was the only capable player remaining in the team and was a force to be reckoned with until her last breath. May she rest in peace, she was so close to reaching legend status. Maybe the award should've gone to one of the top3 teams, but one could argue that at least 2/3 teams promoting there are stacked of talent anyways, so a loss off a player doesn't hurt that much.

With all that done, I wish you all merry Christmas and happy New Year in advance! I might be the admin of some of you next season, hopefully not playing vs any of you in the near future though... ;)

Guinness, Otherguy, James Rye and 3 others like this.
  15. James Rye

Steam Username:
    James Rye
    Country Flag:
    I am just glad this season is over.
    Can't get worse than this.
    *famous last words*
    XDDD

Supa likes this.
  16. Otherguy

Otherguy Active Member

Country Flag:
    We will meet again next season. I hope I don't pay the price for what I did to your team this season.

James Rye likes this.
  17. Guinness

Guinness Active Member

Country Flag:
    @James Rye You're right to be careful, it can /always/ get worse...

I wanted to send out a few props as well!

@Bärserk : For an incredible lossless season, right till the end playing it solidly. Going to look forward to our rematch in Altdwarf next season! I felt robbed and I intend to do as much mugging as possible next go around! :)

@FemurMuertez : The most incredible performing coach this season (the way I see it). Taking a humie team and just marauding through T2, outstanding (also, my only loss this season). I was cheering you on for first place, but those last couple games really got you bud. Be cheering for you next season to win it all!

@Nuttyfessor , @Otherguy , @Noctifer , @Zombane , @JJape : Despite how lopsided some of my games with them were, they were all exceptionally fun people, through a combination of honesty and good attitude it made my season a great time. Thank you all for the fun games. Hope when the dice are reversed I can be just as gracious, or at least entertaining, to all of you!

@Supa : Thank you kindly for your prompt responses on all issues this season, and for being ahead of the game at almost every organizational turn. Looking forward to being in any division that you're directing in the future!