1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Khemri novice Khemri coach in need of an advice

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Mico Selva, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    An update after a long time.

So, I took Mighty Blow for the Tomb Guardian skillup and it proved very useful in the next match against a much more developed Necromantic team (although with their star werewolf missing). I had a pretty good shot at winning that game, as he finished with 3 players on the pitch, but ultimately it ended in a 1-1 draw. At least I managed to get some SPPs from casualties.

I had three matches left then - against a rookie (and rather poorly faring Amazon team), against a very unlucky Orc team (most dead/casualties in the league) coached by previous season's winner and against a very developed and well-coached Lizardmen team. A win against Amazons would set me very well. A draw would be a bit worse, but still giving me a fair chance at advancing to the playoffs.

Of course, I lost (nil to one). Having no Tackle on the team, I was unable to do much against the 'zons, with one Side Step Thrower being especially annoying and getting in my players' way all the time. On my drive they (rather luckily) retrieved the ball from my Block Tomb Guardian :)pow!: :powdodge: on a -2D block inside a cage), which pretty much nailed it.

Next match, against the unlucky Orcs was rather boring. I had no real motivation to play and my opponent, while being a much better coach than me, was plagued by his Nuffle curse which seems to follow him whole season. He stopped me pretty easily on my drive, but then started to fail GFIs all over the pitch. His main ball carrier (AG4 Blitzer) was unable to run away from my guys due to a -MV injury from one of previous matches, so I 2D blitzed him, retrieved the ball with a Thro-Ra and scored, winning 1-0.

The funny part is I still have a shot at playoffs, since other teams' matches went in some weird directions. There are four playoff places, with two already taken by Chaos and Lizardmen and two more still open for three teams (including mine). To advance, I need to win, and count on at least one of the other teams to draw or lose, or I need to draw and count on one of the other losing. I can even advance if I lose, if it's a one TD difference loss and one of the other teams loses by four or more TDs (unlikely!).

Winning against the Lizardmen will be very difficult (they only lost to Chaos so far, but Chaos team has a perfect score 8 wins in 8 matches), even a draw will be a huge success. Any tips for this match (other than "blitz the Skinks" ;) )?

2. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Kill the saurii:D

3. John McGuirk

John McGuirk Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Induce a Chainsaw and ruin the Skinks (can Khemri even do that?) :p

4. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    I'm afraid not (pity).

5. Doover

Doover Member

Country Flag:
    If he has more TV then you you could think about getting a Skeleton Loner with Tackle.
    Not quite cheap but can be a pain for the skinks.

6. Runi

Runi Member

Country Flag:
    Of course Khemri can hire a chainsaw. What about Hack Enslash?

7. Barninho

Barninho Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    This is probably a cyanide vs. tabletop thing. Hack Enslash isn't in the game.

8. Runi

Runi Member

Country Flag:
    Ah, sorry, didn't realize he meant the PC game. I checked the first post and there was nothing in it but if he said it later I pobably didn't see it.

9. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    Yes, I'm playing the PC BBLE. I forgot to mention that in the first post (but since I was posting replays later, I considered it fairly obvious).

I have one Blitz-Ra with Tackle, but getting some more of it on the team seems like a good idea. Last match of the Lizardmen was also against a team with just one Tackle player and he got fouled of the pitch by a bunch of Skinks in round #2.

Here's my whole team:

Tomb Guardian lev.2 (Block)
    2x Tomb Guardian lev.2 (Mighty Blow)
    Tomb Guardian lev.1
    Blitz-Ra lev.2 (Tackle)
    Blitz-Ra lev.1
    Thro-Ra lev.3 (Block, Dodge)
    Thro-Ra lev.1
    Skeleton lev.2 (Wrestle)
    Skeleton lev.2 (Block)
    3x Skeleton lev.1

TV 1370, 3 re-rolls, 5 Fan Factor, around 200 000 cash

His TV is 1640, so I'll get around 270K worth of inducements (unless he has some skillups, can't check right now). I was thinking of getting Setekh/Nekbrerekh, as his Strip Ball is very tempting. I would also then have enough money left for a babe, which can prove very useful against developed Sauri.

10. Barninho

Barninho Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I can't recommend Nekbrekher enough for Khemri. I went into a league where i was the only new team at the last minute and did OK, and a big part of that was Nekbrek becoming a key part of the team. I had an average of 500k inducements so I could take him every week and towards the end of the season when the gap was closed I missed him.

At first I was just thinking about the extra strength but as you say, Strip Ball is a major plus (also Break Tackle) and my play ultimately evolved so that I used him as a deep lying safety on defence. When someone broke clear of the defence he was there to mop up while the TG's tied up as many players as possible.

I think Nekbrek for Khemri is probably THE best valued star in my opinion because he provides those skills it isn't easy to get on a Khemri team.

11. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    Actually, it's quite easy to get Break Tackle and Strip Ball on a Blitz-Ra, but Nekbrekerekh's ST4 makes both these skill much more useful. He is also a Jugernaut, which is great for busting cages open for a ball carrier mark (preferably with a Tomb Guardian or two).

So yeah, the inducement question basically answered itself. :p

12. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    I lost the last match 0-1 and failed to qualify for the playoffs. I was quite close to a draw, failing to achieve it both due to my trademark "endzone vicinity mistake" move (neglected to double to mark the Kroxigor who then proceeded to blitz my ball carrier after getting freed by a nearby Saurus' block) and a bit of bad luck (riot has robbed me of two turns, making it impossible to equalize in the first half). Victory was nowhere in sight, though, so I probably wouldn't have advanced anyway. :(

On a side note, I managed to kill 2 Sauri (one was saved by the Apothecary) and end the career of another (smahsed hip). Skinks proved completely unbreakable, though. :confused:

We had the eagle-eyed referee for the match. Three fouls resulted in three players being sent off, while the best effect achieved was a stun. :powdodge:

Nekbrekerekh did his job well, stripping the ball twice and once unmarking my ball carrier with his Juggernaut skill (a push on :bothdown: ), but was unable to stop the +Ma Skink from scoring as soon as the scaly cage entered our side of the pitch.

I got 11 SPPs from the match (3 casualties), so more than the other team (no casualties, 1 TD), with the MVP landing on my 9 SPP Tomb Guardian (bumping him to 14). With the team shaping up nicely (no deaths or permanent injuries during the whole season!), I plan to enter it into the competition next season, if carry-over teams are allowed. If that happens, I will probably start a proper team blog to share the awesomness of all those 8/20 rating matches my team experiences. :D

13. John McGuirk

John McGuirk Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Commiserations on missing the play-offs. Sounds like a tough match, but 11spp isn't a bad return considering you didn't score.

I don't suppose anyone has run the numbers on likelihood of removing an opponent via fouling versus having your own player sent off? With an ejection occurring on a double on the injury or the armour roll, I often feel like there can't be much in it.

14. Runi

Runi Member

Country Flag:
    There are statistics around the web though I don't have one at hand. But what I remember is, that the likelihood of removing the opponent and being sent off is about equal at the point where you need to roll a 7. So you should try to get in at least enough assists for that value. From 7 down it develops more in favour of the fouler.

15. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    I was fouling with 4 and 3 assists respectively, but against AV9, so I guess it should be counted as fouling against AV5 and AV6 in each case. First time I managed a stun, but the second did not work at all - and the Saurus proceeded to blitz my ball carrier in the following turn (successfully of course, despite my Thro-Ra being a Blodger).