1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nuffle

Discussion in 'General Blood Bowl News and Discussion' started by Citizen Nev, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Citizen Nev

Citizen Nev Member

Country Flag:
    [​IMG]

Just so we all know who to pray to.

2. DRAKAN

DRAKAN Member

Country Flag:
    He's heeded my call of late , im thinking the human sacrifices are working!

3. Lebe666

Lebe666 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Hahaha !!

All Hail Nuffle... he giveth and he taketh...

4. Gallows Bait

Gallows Bait Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    Nuffle has recently treated me to my Underworld team facing 2 Chaos Dwarf teams on the trot and rolling nearly 30% 1s in both games, followed by yet more random MM meaning my High Elves have faced Chaos Dwarves 3 times on the trot too, this evening featuring the joy of burning all my re-rolls on 1st action dodges within 4 turns and losing to a 1 die blitz and double dodge by a Hobgoblin in T15. :(

5. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    Bastard was having a good laugh at my armour and injury dice today and then just when it couldn't possibly get worse he pulled the plug on my entire neighbourhood provoking a blackout that lasted for several hours (only just got the power back now)! :skull::skull::skull:

6. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    Lol!

This reminds me... those of you who have access to ukbbl should be linking here those famous hand drawn pics of the bearded jesus (small j) someone did a little while ago. If you dont know what I am talking about ask over there... ask and then link here those pics please! :D

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  7. Pottsy

Pottsy Member

Country Flag:
    That's cool as f:powdodge:k!
    Who drew this?

8. AllyRdr

AllyRdr Member

Country Flag:
    ..then he kicketh thee in thine balls.

9. Lebe666

Country Flag:
    That falls in the giveth category ! :rolleyes:

10. Lebe666

Country Flag:
    Someone please ? Get these ?

11. OmegaDestroyer

OmegaDestroyer New Member

Country Flag:
    That's great. :D

12. Gallows Bait

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    Finally get a game for Underworld that isn't Chaos Dwarves and its Chaos. Only 2 block players on his team and he didn't fail a single block in 8 turns. My Troll double skulled once and both downed the second time - injuring himself and failing to regen, and his MB & Claws caused 1 stun in the whole half.

Chaos then run 4 players forward with 2 gfi each, then pick up and gfi some more to score, all without using a single re-roll.

Utter waste of time, ended up conceding, first time in months, but I'm so bloody sick of my Underworld training team gettings 1s and skulls, 3rd game in a row where they have been nuffled from start to finish.

13. Barmution

Barmution Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    Are you perhaps looking for another Nuffle-related thread, GB? ;)

14. Gallows Bait

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    Yes, but this seemed as good a place to rant as any, I just needed to get it out, I'm back to feeling objective again now. :D

I've been getting very frustrated of late at my attempts to improve my performance - every hard won victory is offset by a nuffling for either my High Elves or Underworld, and my 26 game deficit refuses to improve, which is going to be a pain since I know I will also lose my Crunch Cup matches.

Maybe my OCC Underworld team will have more luck.

Recently reviewed my performance over the last two years.

In my first 100 games I went 33-18-49 for a 42% win rate.

700 games later, my latest 100 went 48-20-32 for a 58% win rate, which I ought to be grateful for. I just need to keep it up for a couple of hundred games more to even out how long it took me to break even. :eek:

I suppose as ever patience is in order - I know I was ranting not so long ago at how impossible it was for me to break the 48% barrier and I've done that now, so I shall try to work on my stoicism. :D

15. Barmution

Barmution Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    I think maybe you should take into consideration that you play some teams that aren't considered tier 1, GB. It seems harsh on yourself to measure your win percentage absolutely and not relative to what teams you play and who they face. Since you're already doing some spreadsheet math, I suggest that you use some kind of weighted odds instead of pure 1:1 if you're not doing that already. IIRC FUMBBL have some stats on the win percentages of the teams vs other teams for a spectrum of TV differences (might be Dode has some stats from FOL too).

Also, I think it's been a long time since you last posted about a nuffling so the you're certainly getting better on the stoicism thing :D

Cheers!
    -Barm

16. Citizen Nev

Citizen Nev Member

Country Flag:
    People have gone insane staring at their win%, willing it to improve. Take heart Gallows that your last 100 games have shown to be much better than your first 100.

Barm is right in saying you're not playing with Tier 1 teams which gives you a bit of a disadvantage. When I played you last with my Dwarves vs your Humans I found you to be a solid coach who didn't take overt risks and on that occasion it was the dice that gave me the edge. If you feel you aren't getting the dice and yet you have a 58% win rate recently that can only bode well for the future.

17. Darkson

Darkson Member

Cyanide Username:
    Darkson
    Country Flag:
    Nuffle sucks!

Ah, reminds me of the NBA (Nuffle Blasphemers Association ) days.

18. Gallows Bait

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    It would seem venting my frustration was cathartic and beneficial.

Since my last rantings and ravings, I've gone 14-7-8 and dropped my deficit to 20 games - it hasn't been this good in around 470 games (around the time of Crunch Cup IV if that puts it in context!). While I doubt it will last, there will be set back again along the way, and I've had my share of good luck - it is nice to be on the other end of Nuffle's whim even if only for a while.

19. Gallows Bait

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    Tempted fate, nuffled twice in a row.

Crap.

:(

20. Citizen Nev

Citizen Nev Member

Country Flag:
    You poor fool. Always say your unlucky. As soon as you say otherwise he'll here you. It's like saying 'Nuffle' in front of a mirror 5 times.