1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nuln's Fluffatorium [S19]

Discussion in 'Big Crunch 2' started by Sataric, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Sataric

Sataric Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Sataric
    Cyanide Username:
    Sataric
    Country Flag:
    Winter's greetings!

I summon the following coaches and teams to the battle for Nuln:
    @willpower68 coaching B.T.K.A - Orcs.
    @BallztotheWalla coaching The DELFonics - Dark Elves.
    @Hudd coaching Legio XIII - Skaven.
    @Scaritus coaching Guardians of Dis - Undead.
    @GreenBear coaching InfectedBear - Nurgle.
    @Mureahko coaching Chatioc Good - Chaos.
    @riffCannon coaching Tool - Dark Elves.
    @JamesJenks92 coaching Dustland Raiders - Khemri.
    @Noctifer (Durteef Basha in-game) coaching Cluster Suckers - Vampires.
    @comfort_eagle coaching Street Cred - Goblins.

Tickets are sent in-game so hurry up and accept them! :D Special thanks to those of you whom requested the tickets yourself and saved me a bit of work. Always appreciated!

MD1 is scheduled to start next week with an official launch-date on January 8th so all of you must be signed in before then. Signing in earlier is always welcomed though, as we can then also begin the fighting earlier as well! :cool:

Predictions and team analysis will be posted just below before long!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
  2. Sataric

Steam Username:
    Sataric
    Cyanide Username:
    Sataric
    Country Flag:
    TOTALLY SUPER-ACCURATE PREDICTIONS AND TEAM "SHIT-TALKING":

Alright, let's take an uncomfortably close look at the teams you're bringing. I'll run through them in no particular order first, and then do the predictions at the bottom of the post.

Willpower68 and the Orcs of B.T.K.A - 1 season played previously (and a few extras for joining mid-season S17), 5W 3D 4L. TD ratio since team creation at +4.
    The team is in perfect health. 12 rostered players, some good level ups considering the team is fairly new, and three of the four Blitzers have rolled something special already. (1x +MA, 2x Jump Up chosen)

BallztotheWalla and the Dark Elves of The DELFonics - 1 season played previously, 6W 2D 1L. TD Ratio since team creation at +11.
    This team is also in perfect health except for some MNGs for MD1. 12 rostered players, all important positionals acquired, and an AGI 5 Mighty Blow witch already. All Blitzers blodged up as well. They look fierce!

Hudd and the Skaven of Legio XIII - 3 seasons played previously, 16W 1D 10L. TD ratio since team creation at +17.
    The team will have four missing players for MD1, but only one injury is permanent. Very well-developed compared to a lot of the opposition in this division, and with the Storm Vermin holding the majority share of the SPP rather than the Gutter Runners as is more common. They also got two Linerats with stat ups, +AGI and +STR respectively. Will be interesting to see if they can develop into key players despite being of more common stock originally.

Scaritus and the Undead of Guardians of Dis - 2 seasons played previously, 6W 5D 7L. TD ratio since team creation at -6.
    Undead are very powerful around this Team value, but they have unfortunately got their two best Ghouls armour busted. With both of them having BlodgeGuard, it might be worth holding on to them regardless for a while but AV6 is bound to spell trouble sooner or later, especially as enemy teams start bringing a lot of MB and Tackle.

GreenBear and the Nurgle of InfectedBear - 2 seasons played previously, 6W 6D 6L. TD ratio since team creation at -1.
    With their previous match record spelling the numbers 6 6 6 I think we can safely say these guys are evil. In terms of team value, they are the top dog in the entire division and the vast majority of said TV has been invested in skills which are intended to kill you faster. On top of that, they bring a STR6 tentacled monstrosity, a really solid AGI4 Ball-carrier Pestigor, and did I mention they have THREE dirty player Rotters? These guys have foul intentions!

Mureahko and the Chaos of Chatioc Good - 4 seasons played previously, 14W 9D 13L. TD ratio since team creation at -6.
    Chaos teams tend to have a slow start, but these guys are now past that initial hurdle. All the Chaos Warriors have reached level three, and most of the Beastmen have progressed nicely as well. Sadly there's a couple of injuries on key players, but nothing overly upsetting. Only one claw so far, and the team seems to be progressing more towards a "Control" build rather than a "Let's bash everything and see what happens" build, which is really nice to see!

Riffcannon and the Dark Elves of Tool - 1 season played previously, 6W 3D 0L. TD ratio since team creation at +10.
    These guys have never lost a match, and why would they want to start now? :p Just like the other Dark Elves in the division, these guys had an explosive first-season with an amazing TD ratio so far. All key positionals have been acquired and leveled up! There's only 10 hired players at the moment though, and no money in the bank. Furthermore, no stat-freaks or doubles yet - Though one Blitzer has a level-up pending at time of posting.

JamesJenks92 and the Tomb Kings of Khemri of Dustland Raiders - 7W 1D 1L. TD ratio since team creation at +10.
    Wow. Just look at these guys. One season played and 16 touchdowns scored with only 6 sustained. With a Khemri team! How's that possible, you might ask? Because these bastards are bringing an AGI4 Thro-Ra. You'd think spending 8000 years in a tomb somewhere would take a toll on your limberness, but not for this guy. Sadly he's Strength-busted, but with the Tomb Guardians and Blitz-Ra's protecting him properly, and no opposing team having Leap or Strip Ball yet, I think he'll do okay in most match-ups nonetheless! :D

Noctifer and the Vampires of Cluster Suckers - 4 seasons played previously, 16W 10D 10L. TD ratio since team creation at +9.
    Four vampires hired currently and three of them are very well-developed at this point, with the final one being a new hire after his predecessor died his Final Death. With a Thrall also running Leader they've got access to four rerolls whilst keeping their TV surprisingly low for how scary this team can be when they aren't so thirsty they drain their own players dry. Not much of a bench though, and that is probably the most noteworthy weak-point here, but if the Thralls stay on the pitch long enough then you're in trouble!

ComfortEagle and the Goblins of Street Cred - 4 seasons played previously, 7W 8D 21L. TD ratio since team creation at -27.
    Hey, look! It's Goblins! Well, what little's left of them anyways.. Considering the amount of games these guys have under their belt, it looks like someone dropped an extra spicy Warpstone bomb on this roster. Better pray to Gork and Mork that team captain Harry Hollyfield can work some magic with that pogo-stick because he's pretty much the only player that's been around long enough to earn some SPP. :p

PREDICTED DIVISION STANDING AFTER MD9:

1. BallztotheWalla / The DELFonics.
    2. JamesJenks92 / Dustland Raiders.
    3. Riffcannon / Tool.
    4. Hudd / Legio XIII.
    5. Noctifer / Cluster Suckers
    6. Mureahko / Chatioc Good.
    7. Willpower / B.T.K.A.
    8. Greenbear / InfectedBear.
    9. Scaritus / Guardians of Dis.
    10. GoobieMarauder / Gobbie's Goons (even though he's not in this division.)
    11. ComfortEagle / Street Cred.
    If you are not happy with your predicted placement then kindly prove me wrong! :cool: Have a great season, gents!

Mureahko, riffCannon and JamesJenks92 like this.
  3. Sataric

Steam Username:
    Sataric
    Cyanide Username:
    Sataric
    Country Flag:
    UPDATE:

I made a blunder. Oppsie! :( @GobbieMarauder is meant to go into Indus and @comfort_eagle is meant to be here with us in Nuln. I got you two mixed up somehow. My sincerest apologies. I blame alcohol for this mistake, and also wish to throw some blame on Ilgoth for some unknown reason as that usually seems to work. :p

I will correct this in the in-game client right away and of course send an Indus ticket to Gobbie's Goons in the same process, but unfortunately it means that that you have to log on and accept a secondary ticket mate. Real sorry about this!

4. comfort_eagle

comfort_eagle Active Member

Steam Username:
    comfort_eagle
    Country Flag:
    My beaten up gobs are ready for another season of beatings. What can I say, I like a challenge. GL all. And thanks to @Sataric in advance for all the behind the scenes work.

Sataric likes this.
  5. GobbieMarauder

GobbieMarauder Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    GoobieMarauder
    Country Flag:
    It's fine, gives me a chance to rub some of my bad luck off on you guys to deal with.

Sataric likes this.
  6. Sataric

Steam Username:
    Sataric
    Cyanide Username:
    Sataric
    Country Flag:
    UPDATE:

Team analysis shenanigans and predictions are now up. You can find them in the second post of this thread.

Furthermore, on the ticket front we've got 7 accepted and 3 still pending. No division has all tickets accepted yet, but Ostland is in the lead with 8 out of 10, so @FemurMuertez is currently front-runner for the first prestigious Admin award of the season, namely "Prestigious Ticket-Sender Extraordinaire!" - Way to make the rest of us look bad, mate.. :p

Mureahko and FemurMuertez like this.
  7. comfort_eagle

comfort_eagle Active Member

Steam Username:
    comfort_eagle
    Country Flag:
    Love the predictions! the so-called bomb dropped on my team was their last season in tier 2, where we faced two chorfs and 2 orcs first 4 MDs, and all my players got turned into glue. I suspect I'll do slightly better than pos 11 though, mostly because I don't think there's 11 teams in the division... Nothing to lose... Onwards and upwards!

8. Hudd

Hudd Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Agree @BallztotheWalla is the coach to beat - top coach with a top tier team.
    If @comfort_eagle is last I'll be very surprised. I still have nightmares about him and his goblins from many years ago.
    I can't play Skaven (although curiously I do well with elves and bash, and view rats as a bit of a mix...) so will settle for mid-table respectability. The Storm Vermin have been fed many TDs to get them as nasty as they are.

comfort_eagle likes this.
  9. Sataric

Steam Username:
    Sataric
    Cyanide Username:
    Sataric
    Country Flag:
    UPDATE:

All of the coaches have arrived here in Nuln, and we're at 86 out of 90 coaches for the league overall at this point. I expect to be able to launch our division and post up the first match-day thread by tonight or early tomorrow morning. :cool: Excellent work!

comfort_eagle likes this.
  10. Hudd

Hudd Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I have 8 CAS this season - in 8 games. With 2 claw pombers...

11. BallztotheWalla

BallztotheWalla Active Member

Country Flag:
    Thanks for the season everyone. @Sataric you were right about #1 and that's all that matters :)

Highlight for me was the Khemri match against @JamesJenks92 with a disaster of a first half leaving med down a td and 5 players only to comeback scoring twice and then snaking the dodge for 3-1 and the khemri answers by throwing a long bomb to a TG and score to 2-2. BB when its best.

Sataric and JamesJenks92 like this.
  12. Sataric

Steam Username:
    Sataric
    Cyanide Username:
    Sataric
    Country Flag:
    Congratulations to BallztotheWalla for winning this season of the battles within Nuln!

Final scoreboard looks like this:
    [​IMG]

Congratulations to all of you whom have managed to secure a promotion spot into the higher divisions. Overall the season ran by quite smoothly, and we only hit a couple of small snags along the way, so it was a real pleasure to be the Admin of this division. I hope that the majority of you will stick around here in Big Crunch 2 going into the next season, either with your current teams or with brand new ones. I'm rerolling myself so if any of you all are doing the same we might face each other back down in Tier 4 next season! :D Thank you all for being a part of this community!