1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NUMPTIES OF NULN! (S23 FLUFF)

Discussion in 'Big Crunch 2' started by stephB, Nov 5, 2020.

1. stephB

stephB Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    stephB
    Cyanide Username:
    stephB
    Country Flag:
    Welcome to Nuln! Where we have a mixtures of fairly fresh teams trying not to get crushed by those kicked out of T2 and looking to rubuild and those who are staying in T3 for the second season in a row, well the less said about them the better! ;)

I beleive tickets have been issued already and I see 5 have accepted the challange, gold medals for you!

@Reverend Radio
    @Geryon
    @sammy77
    @krystof
    @GobbieMarauder
    @djikicigo
    @Lagerbon
    @eferuga
    @Silfuin
    @Luke4444

Some familiar teams from last season in Nordland, having the gall to show their faces again. Will be looking at them to step up their game, looking at your especially Geryon!! Some new faces as well glad to see you sticking around for more punishment, good luck to you all.

Fun banter is most welcome here, just keep it clean. My accurate predictions will follow once all teams are available for assessment.

2. eferuga

eferuga Member

Steam Username:
    eferuga
    Country Flag:
    Accepted a ticket yesterday, looked at the neighbors in the group and was stunned. I saw the chaos dwarfs who have a blocker with 6 strength, and did not look further. fearfully

3. Geryon

Geryon Active Member

Steam Username:
    Geryon
    Country Flag:
    I wasn't at my best but I'll give myself a pass since anything can happen in 9 games and last season was deep with really good coaches. :confused:

4. sammy77

sammy77 Active Member

Steam Username:
    sammy_77
    Cyanide Username:
    sammy77
    Country Flag:
    @eferuga you saw wrong. There is no str 6 blocker, only str 5.

5. stephB

stephB Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    stephB
    Cyanide Username:
    stephB
    Country Flag:
    Biggest numpty forgets to reserve post for predictions! :rolleyes:

We have a right mixed bag of teams here this season, a couple of long term teams licking their wounds, some damaged new teams who wish they were still in T4 and some wishing they were in higher divisions where they belonged.

After a very long examination (3 minutes) of the teams you will finish as follows:

1. @Geryon Solid Nurlge team does not belong this low and I am sure he will get his act together this season.
    2. @sammy77 Good looking Chorf team should do well, although looking at the record i am taking a risk placing you this high.
    3. @GobbieMarauder I like Orcs, this isn't a meta build but it has most of the tools.
    4. @Lagerbon Bit of a wild pick but Woodies always do well against me so they get the nod.
    5. @Luke4444 A Chorf team on the rebuild, but has some real stars, could do well.
    6. @eferuga A very new Dark Elf team, but already has a couple of agi 5 so could provide a surprise.
    7. @Reverend Radio An experienced UW coach so could finish higher, just not many good match ups in this division.
    8. @Silfuin Another new dark elf team, some decent players, but should view this as a development season.
    9. @djikicigo Another orc team, even further from meta build with tackle first on linos and might blow on black orcs. Could surprise none the less with all that mighty blow and some nice str ups.
    10. @krystof High elves are a hard to play (so I hear) and the current record isn't great but the team is in better shape than the other elf teams in the division so I could be totally wrong here.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
    sammy77 likes this.
  6. Silfuin

Silfuin Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Silfuin
    Country Flag:
    Yeah, well ... poor little dwarf ... only st5 ...

I knew I would have been better off staying down in Cathay ... damn all those rerollers ... now I must face all those annoying tacklers ...

7. eferuga

eferuga Member

Steam Username:
    eferuga
    Country Flag:
    Fear has magnifying eyes.
    I have no idea how to play my darks with half the teams)

sammy77 likes this.
  8. Silfuin

Cyanide Username:
    Silfuin
    Country Flag:
    Simple: forget the ball, block down that freak of nature (also a bull would be good) and foul the sh*** out if him ...:D
    You will probably lose the match but will have our eternal gratitude.;)

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
  9. djikicigo

djikicigo Member

Country Flag:
    ticket used, waiting to start killing u guys

10. Silfuin

Cyanide Username:
    Silfuin
    Country Flag:
    Oh crap ... besides chorfs greenskins again ... what have we done to deserve this?

djikicigo likes this.
  11. Silfuin

Cyanide Username:
    Silfuin
    Country Flag:
    Hey! Nurgle didn't kill us!
    We even got some skills ... maybe we will survive this season after all ... maybe ... or maybe not ... :D

Anyway, now that we have been predicted low in the final rankings we finally can put to good use our habit of proving the prodictions wrong.
    Usually it goes the other way around: we get predicted high and finish low ... what would it be this time?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
    sammy77 likes this.
  12. sammy77

sammy77 Active Member

Steam Username:
    sammy_77
    Cyanide Username:
    sammy77
    Country Flag:
    Wow. I get ass kicked by Afrika Korps. After first half 4 in injury box and one is dead. After all beating I won 2-1.
    @djikicigo Thanks for a game.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
    djikicigo and Silfuin like this.
  13. Silfuin

Cyanide Username:
    Silfuin
    Country Flag:
    That is nothing.
    Also my match didn't go exactly as planned, but maybe ... just maybe ... a bit worse.
    My objectives were (in strict order)
    Keep my key players alive: FAILED Blodge Runner -1AG and was fired, MA9 Blitzer dead. Also rookie lino got -AV and was fired, not a key player but that brings my total numbers to 6 players!
    Level the witch: FAILED
    Win the game: FAILED , I drew though, thus not completely bad, but was up 2-0 at the end of turn 12 thus feels bad anyway.

I'd say not a good match.
    It seems that I cannot avoid giving away so many blocks, although honestly armour breaks were ridicuolus, both for me and Luke4444.

Kudos to Luke for believing in the draw and pressing on.
    Shame on me for not being able to hold onto the ball for 3 turns with stupid elves.

Anyway, I'd say it was a fun game. A bit disheartening to lose those players, but a match with lots of stuff to be excited for.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
    sammy77 likes this.
  14. djikicigo

djikicigo Member

Country Flag:
    booth happy, u win, i beat a lot...cheers

sammy77 likes this.
  15. Silfuin

Cyanide Username:
    Silfuin
    Country Flag:
    Jeez @Lagerbon, what did you give to those wood elves, some secret pills or what?
    You rolled more doubles and stat increase than normal skills ... and I have to face your team with a battered bunch of survivors ... it'll be difficult,

I am now in better shape than after last match though, and can consider my last game a success ... kinda.
    Objectives were the same:
    Keep my key players alive: SUCCESS
    Level the witch: SUCCESS
    Win the game: FAILED , I drew though, thus not completely bad.

Wasted the wiz on a suboptimal play, but could have been great if scatter was better.
    I'll review the match to spot mistakes as always but overall a solid game by those 6 ragged misfits ...

I noticed that the presence of so many loners end up in giving away too many blocks, which is generally not good.
    Problem is that since I cannot use rerolls on them (or rather won't use them) when they are down and based either I stand them up and leave them based or I move them at the end of the turn.
    If standing them up and leaving them based is even marginally useful, I do that, on the idea that it's better having them up and tying up players, rather then having them down if something goes wrong (in which case usually it's better to have every man up and ready).
    This goes worse and worse as I lose players, because all my players are then usually down and it means that most loners will be standing up and be blocked again next turn.
    should I just suck it up ad leave them down?

Well, let's hope that I can manage to get an 8th player soon, thus it will be just the 3 los players ... now I only need to survive Lagerbon freaks ... it'll be difficult to bring down those dancers with no tackle ...

16. Lagerbon

Lagerbon Member

Cyanide Username:
    Lagerbon
    Country Flag:
    @Silfuin its madness, after last game i rolled 2 more doubles, another guard and block tree! I'm dreading the moment when luck is turning.. also last game had 22 av breaks but 1 got ko'ed.
    @Reverend Radio it was an uphill battle with my sturdy elves. GG.
    Who would have known that block pass is a real skill?

17. Silfuin

Cyanide Username:
    Silfuin
    Country Flag:
    So we have reached a verdict.
    Wood elves bash more ... while dark elves play the ball better.
    Crazy dice in a "tense and fun game" as Lagerbon correctly described it live,

18. Lagerbon

Lagerbon Member

Cyanide Username:
    Lagerbon
    Country Flag:
    @stephB crazy how exact your top 5 predictions are at the moment..

19. stephB

stephB Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    stephB
    Cyanide Username:
    stephB
    Country Flag:
    and long may it continue :cool:

20. Silfuin

Cyanide Username:
    Silfuin