1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OCC - ApocaBlitz Now!

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by danton, May 4, 2011.

1. Anglakhel

Anglakhel Member

Country Flag:
    My sense was that Vharrik was notably more successful scoring Knock Downs than I had any right to expect. He scored a lot of POWs when hitting Blodgers. However, he was certainly subpar at converting those Knock Downs into KOs or Injuries. That really hurt and he certainly wasn't justifying his TV.

2. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    Yep, he did roll a lot of :pow: and I was glad that he didn't convert that into more damage!

3. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    Looks like I'll have to concede this week's match unfortunately. My father is in hospital in Ireland and it looks like he might not have long left to live, so I'm flying out tomorrow to be with him. I might even have to drop out of the rest of this season too depending on how long I have to stay over there.

No re-rolls in real life I suppose... :(

4. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Apothecaries are hit and miss here too, though.

Safe journey, and best wishes.

5. Barninho

Barninho Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Sorry to hear that Danton. Good luck mate.

6. Gallows Bait

Gallows Bait Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    Very sorry to hear of your circumstances and thoughts are with you and your family.

7. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    Best wishes to Your father, danton. Blood Bowl will wait.

8. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    Mis mejores deseos para ti y tu familia. Animos!

9. Barmution

Barmution Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    Best wishes and have a safe journey, Danton.

10. Purgatory

Purgatory Member

Country Flag:
    Very sorry to hear that, Danton. Best wishes, we, and Blood Bowl, will be right here when you get back.

11. John McGuirk

John McGuirk Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Really sorry to hear that, Danton. Hope things work out all right for you and yours.

12. Anglakhel

Anglakhel Member

Country Flag:
    Sorry to hear that, Danton.

13. Barristan

Barristan Member

Country Flag:
    All the best to your old man and yourself mate.

14. Slyspy

Slyspy Member

Country Flag:
    Best wishes Danton.

15. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    Thanks for all the support guys. :)

16. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    I'm still in Ireland unfortunately. My father is still very ill in hospital, so I could be staying here for a while... I forfeited my round 5 game against the Nurgle team, but was able to install a copy of BB on a computer here and played my round 6 game against the Arrabona Arrows last night. Playing the occasional game of BB helps to take my mind off things thankfully.

My opponents were a very beaten up wood elf team and they got a lot of inducements against me. In the end I won the game 3-2, scoring 2 TDs with my star blitzer Ruin, to finally make him into a Super Star. My rookie blitzer also scored a TD, so is halfway to his first skill-up. I'm not really up for doing a detailed report like I usually do, as you can probably imagine.

I rolled for Ruin's fifth skill and got 6+4!!

That opens up some intriguing options. Currently he has: Blodge, +Ag, +Ma & Guard, along with a very annoying -Av injury and Niggle.

His amazing stats and great skills mean he is still an important asset, but I do have to try and protect him quite a bit where possible, as he is also a big target with those injuries. So these are the three options I am considering:

1. +Ma would make him Ma 9, which is very awesome for a dark elf blitzer and gives me a very valid one turn threat. His injuries mean that I'll still have to protect him a lot, although the extra Ma can make that easier sometimes. I might even start him on the bench when kicking first in some games, even if that is a lot of TV to take off the pitch!

2. +Av is something I hardly ever consider, although there is a case for it here all the same, even though it means he carries 30K of bloat and still has the Niggle. All the same it would help to keep a very valuable player on the pitch for longer potentially.

3. Leap is what I would have taken on a normal roll, as an Ag 5 leaping Guard is a great combo with my Ag 5 Leaping wrodge lino. Leaping a player with Av 7 and Niggle into a cage is generally not a good idea though!

I think option 1 is the most appealing and would create a very unique player, although the other options are worth considering. Any other ideas or thoughts on the above?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  17. Barninho

Barninho Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Your reasoning sounds pretty good to me, and most importantly you could play for the rest of your life without getting the chance to play an MV9 AG5 Blitzer. I say go for it.

18. jrpeart

jrpeart Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    jrpeart
    Cyanide Username:
    jrpeart
    Country Flag:
    I vote for +MV as well. It both makes keeping him safe easier and makes him that much cooler.

19. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    Leap. He ll last less but he ll definitely give you quite a few cage breaking wins until then. Remember though that often times the leap for Guard support wont need to be straight into a cage, may very well be a lose screen sometimes etc. Plus another AG5 leaper can be used in so many other ways aswell.

+2 MA does not come often, but two AG5 leapers comboing Guard comes even less often.

No matter what skill you pick now, with a niggle, he wont last long anyways. Might aswell give him a skill that ll actually give you much easier defensive TD´s.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  20. John McGuirk

John McGuirk Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    It's a tough one, but I'd have to say Leap as well. The utility of parachuting that assist in on a 2+ is just too valuable.