1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OCC Elvolution (the rebirth..)

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by Boffa, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Boffa

Boffa Active Member

Country Flag:
    In the end I played poorly extremely rusty and was incredibly lucky to scrape a turn 16 draw...

Got two level ups though, Darwyn got dodge.

Not sure what to do for Wyn. dodge, tackle, diving tackle blitzer.

Fend or jump up?

2. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    I'd go for Fend.

3. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    I was going to suggest Dauntless, as one of these at least in every elf team is quite useful, but since you have already "natural" ST4 and ST5 (bloody hell) then either Fend or Jump Up are good picks yes, cant go wrong with them.

You ll get more mileage out of Fend probably as a Blodge Sidestep player should not spend too much time on the ground in the first place. But if you want to play very agressive marking with him and find yourself using DT a lot then Jump Up may suit a balls to the wall play style much better.

PS: 440K in the bank, 2200 TV, 13 pieces in roster and just two niggles as cas... all in the Div2 meat grinder... whats the secret?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  4. Everblue

Everblue Active Member

Country Flag:
    I quite like frenzy and it's always good to have that surfing threat...

5. Boffa

Boffa Active Member

Country Flag:
    I just got into div 2 viajero, been lucky with injuries although I have lost a few useful catchers. Really miss my wrodge tackle ss one... quite bloated tv (14 not 13).. with 2 shit catchers at 2.2k

I do use Wyn's Diving tackle quite aggresively and its won me a few games which is why jump up is a big consideration... I like frenzy and been trying to fit it in but not sure I want it on my diving tackler..

6. Boffa

Boffa Active Member

Country Flag:
    So I took fend in the end, next up the Orcs, with loads of frenzy and a couple MNG so currently I"m giving away about 400 tv against his 11 man squad. Those two legend blitzers look rather annoying and the mass frenzy will make it tough for my rookies on the los to last long; should I set them up together or spread? Either way they are in trouble.

[​IMG]

No piling on so thats something. I'll have to keep number 6 away from Enarion!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  7. Boffa

Boffa Active Member

Country Flag:
    I guess wiz bribes and a merc dp seems likely, unless he decides to buy more players.

8. Boffa

Boffa Active Member

Country Flag:
    Well that was a ridiculous match where everything went right for me and nothing for Dasano! Took no dmg, dishing out four cas and winning 3-0 plus a few farmed passes for good measure.

Rookie catcher (wrestle) and dodge accurate safe throw thrower will get lvls, plus my block catcher got a td + about 3 farmed passes to get him 2 spp from blodge. :D

9. Boffa

Boffa Active Member

Country Flag:
    Next up Worgaz:

[​IMG]

10. Boffa

Boffa Active Member

Country Flag:
    Chypp levelled as well I hadn't notice he now has wrodge and still LOS duty. Not sure what to give Orryn (dodge, accurate, safe throw thrower) Sure hands would be good if I didn't usually try to get a completion with someone else instead, block is a bit of a waste as I have a bench and he rarely plays defense, catch or something else?

11. Boffa

Boffa Active Member

Country Flag:
    Worst game of Elvolution's history today. Kicked and things were looking fine. Turn 2 guard tackle dodge blitzer dies to a rerolled killer blitz, I use apo and worry. Then I have chance for a relatively easy sack but my block dice are ****while he's dbl powing blodgers, so no. Instead Enarion gets a smashed collar bone and a wrestle catcher gets a niggle. Thought about conceding but said **** it and played on. Had an easy one turner on a platter but he got Perfect Defence to stop that.. so we go in 1-0. Stops doing dmg to team but nuffle still up my *** so no real chance to do anything, get turned over and game should be over until he decides to do a hand off into a TZ (3+) and a 3+ dodge plus some gfi's just to give me a chance to tie it up but ofcourse they all work and 2-0 so I just farm 3 passes with my wrodge +mv catcher and thats the game.

Not happy really a game I should win and going to make this season real tough without Enarion. :Gutted:

12. Boffa

Boffa Active Member

Country Flag:
    Roster is updated on the first page... few decisions to be made. Zyp should probably go as I have two niggled wrestlers already, as for Enarion.. well i could keep him around for a while hes obviously 50k of bloat but still a catcher with skills and str 4, can wait and see the inducement situation next game I guess and get one more catcher for next game to replace Zyp against 1950ish undead? Shrug..

Block catcher rolled doubles, I'm thinking mighy blow could be nice (dodge tackle next)

13. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Enarion is a hard call. I've seen other coaches keep players like that since they are "still a lot better than a rookie in every way". Personally I usually sack their sorry asses, saying something like "go back to the junior league" :rolleyes:

14. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    That's unfortunate about Enarion. I would sack him personally, as that will free up a lot of tv for you and potentially get you a wizard in some games.

15. 20phoenix

20phoenix Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    While obviously gutted for you I am also slightly relieved he's gone as I know first hand how irritating ST5 blodgers are!

16. Boffa

Boffa Active Member

Country Flag:
    Undefeated Undead next could be a tough match indeed.

[​IMG]

the super Mummy is kind of unstoppable so I'll try to avoid him, couple very nice ghouls to keep an eye on and that ag wight is also a great piece. Problem is I'm giving 100k already in inducements with just 12. Want more then that to keep numbers on the pitch so I guess I'll just get a rookie catcher anyway and give up a wiz and babes.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  17. Boffa

Boffa Active Member

Country Flag:
    Well my last 3 games have been so lopsided its just stupid. This one Anton had super 2d6 and had 2 cas turn 1 and 5 cas 3 KOs by turn 6. Combined with sweltering heat this left me receiving with 5 players at half time and then my net dropped out so just going to upload the game as stands. Anton said it's the most lopsided game hes played and hes played a few so not much to say about it really except I'm glad I have a new pro elf team in Big Crunch.

18. Remthar

Remthar Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Ouch Boffa, rough :(

19. Boffa

Boffa Active Member

Country Flag:
    Well I've had some hard earned draws but this one took the cake....

Chaos Dwarf scum, with a str 5 blodge break tackle sure hands bull (only 1 bull) and 3 mb PO dwarves, and a +str hob. I sacked my lvl 5 thrower and took a wizard going in with a loner.

They receive first 4 blocks are 2 cas and a KO, but then they fail to pick the ball up with the super bull, and I run over and grab it with Zaos and throw it to a screen of catchers. Hobgoblin does a 5+ dodge through the screen to pow me and cas for good luck. Get my ag5 for a 2+ pick and pass to a catcher, just need a 2+ to score but snake eyes.. rest of half I have about 5 guys on the floor while he fouls a bit and scores in turn 8.. 1 more cas or KO in there probably..

So I set up for a 1 turner but with spam guard and str 5 and standfirm, I need a dbl push, which I get and 1 turn I do...

2nd half I have 8 elves with a guy waking up, and make a run down the wing straight away screened again. But AGAIN he does a dbl dodge with the centaur and 3 gfis to pow my blodger and marks the ball by the sidelines, so I burn the wiz to take the centaur down and dodge out a catcher to run in the 2-1.

Now they receive, I get a blitz, and first 2 blocks are cas again. whoops. Had a bit of a chance with the blitz but the bull made another pow blitz and pick up then my guys got sodomized basically so that the bull could even risk a pass with 3 elves lying on pitch to a gob to score even faster pushing for 3-2... with 4 turns left.. and score they do!.

Receive with 3, so we dodge away and grab ball..... try to hold them off but its real hard and the bull (who only rolls pows) blitzes me down and picks up the ball... then he decides to GFI the score since I'm receiving with 3 max but snake eyes... from here I manage a few TZ dodges and a bit of bullshit to get the ball relatively sort of not really that safe... but out of range of the bull... he doesn't even blitz the ball carrier but the thrower next to him and I run as far as I can and throw a 4+ pass way over his team into the open field and thats pretty much it, 2-2 and a 7 cas taken award for me.

out of 7 cas 1 mng and rest BH (well 8 I apo'd -ag on Nymble)

4 more games I'm looking forward to playing 20P but 3 more chaos... yay..

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  20. Borke

Borke Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Borke
    Country Flag:
    Catching up on some team blogs - very entertaining report and I'm happy you managed to get the draw there. That super bull sounds like a menace, basically someone he can send anywhere on his own and be sure he's fine.

On the upside, I do like how sometimes a draw feels like the best win ever (especially if you don't suffer too many casualties in the process).