1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OCC Elvolution (the rebirth..)

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by Boffa, Apr 19, 2012.

1. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    I played that ChD team a few seasons ago in tier 2 and drew 1-1 with them then. They had a second bull then who was a Pomber. One of the bloody dwarfs killed my super star witch elf Medea, which was unfortunate.

At least that Str 5 blodge bull met his match in the shape of my legendary witch elf Hecate! Wrackle, Dauntless, MB was his kryponite, as she smacked him into the injury bin and stole the ball off him in one swift move! :D

2. Boffa

Boffa Active Member

Country Flag:
    Just come here to brag about your legendary witch elves huh? ;)

Np! Just wish you'd killed the bastard. :p

Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  3. Boffa

Boffa Active Member

Country Flag:
    Was ment to play Chris' Chaos this week but I messed up the timezones and missed the game so it'll probably be an admin loss.

Going to struggle for my last 3 games flat out at uni starting next week, any volunteers to fill in if required? I don't care if you lose and everyone dies tbh, so no pressure there.

4. akirilus

akirilus Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    While i know almost nothing about pro elves, I might be able to fill in for you, if you trust me to kill your team (you've seen my injury rolls !).

5. Boffa

Boffa Active Member

Country Flag:
    I don't care if everyone dies is a pretty blanket statement regarding that :p

I just don't want to miss the games, results are not that important really.. thanks for the offer got a couple now :)

6. 20phoenix

20phoenix Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    Running scared eh?

7. Boffa

Boffa Active Member

Country Flag:
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

8. Boffa

Boffa Active Member

Country Flag:
    Ok we are back for season 26 and landed in division 3b.

Division 3B

Boffasmurf - Elvolution - Elf -
    Butzy - Spread the Love - Dark Elf -
    NeXus - Shambling Glory - Necromantic -
    Mansu44 - Mean Mutant Artists - Skaven -
    Buzzkill - Rank – n – File - Orc -
    AllyRdr - Hammerton Academical - Dwarf -
    Jimxxx - The Warriors - Chaos -
    Be4ch - Templehof_Doom - Undead -
    BTIFIRST - The Cursed Pickaxes - Chaos Dwarf -
    raikaria - Groggy Ice[TM] - Norse -

First up is Groggy Ice who are currently 150 tv below my 11 elf roster (1st page) and have a mbpo tackle etc berserker along with a superstar ag4 blodge runner, so I guess I should buy a bench (rookie thrower maybe) but am a bit worried about giving enough for 2 bribes...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
  9. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    I'd spend up.
    2 lineman and a thrower.
    Without them that berserker can finish the game by half time.
    Don't worry about the bribes.
    They have no dirty players so it is better to have players getting between that zerker and your stars than being down to half a dozen players and being hunted all the 2nd half.

10. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Given he's running with 11 players for your game, he should be spending 100k on two linos.

You shouldn't be playing with 11 either, IMO.

11. notafunhater

notafunhater Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    He's got 11 players for the game, and only the single tackler, as mean as he might be. I don't see him going heavy fouls, especially if you spend up to 12-13 players.

12. Boffa

Boffa Active Member

Country Flag:
    hmm I don't want to go 2 linos + thrower as that'll leave me no money and I have room on my roster for a catcher still (don't need 15)... thrower and lino sounds good though.. catcher once rookie levels I guess. Thanks for the input;

I know that berserker is going to be trouble.. my niggled wrodgers are going to have to try and stay out of his way. Guess I will receive first if I get the choice.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  13. Boffa

Boffa Active Member

Country Flag:
    Well we were very rusty as expected... for some reason Raikaria went in with 11 players only with a wiz and a bribe (didn't foul once). I won the toss and received... nothing eventful really happened until a few risky Norse 1d and 2d against blocks had me in a precarious position which became a lot worse when I missed the shadowing runner forcing a 2nd dodge which I failed in an attempt to surf his only wolf... from here things went a bit crazy and eventually a snake eyes or two combined with a mistake or two by me had his runner doing some suspiciously elf like moves to score in turn 7. Fortunately a bad set up by the Norse helped by a quick snap allowed me to run in a very easy 1 turner before half time.

Then I saw blitz and got all excited.. under ball... players marking.. oops its turn 8 have some free blocks.. got away with that though!

2nd half I got perfect defence 11 vs 8 and set up guards on his super stacked los... his first block with frenzy leads to 2d against and skulls this time so I run over to ball and screen it... lightning bolt hits my thrower but ball is screened...he tries a dodge and gets ko'd and I foul out the (completely useless) killer.. from here he pretty much stays on the ground while I throw vanity passes...

2-1, rookier catcher and lino lvl and only 1 mng on block guard lino.. need more practice plenty of mistakes. next up is 2100ish tv darkies with two stabbers.

Lucky to get out of this one with a win, my mistakes should have been more severely punished but luckily nuffle let me of the hook.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  14. Boffa

Boffa Active Member

Country Flag:
    These guys next:

[​IMG]

Exactly enough for a wiz.. except he has a cheerleader to sack. one bench probably not enough for this one although no PO is nice. I may bring in a rookie catcher now the 3rd one atleast has block.

15. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Be disappointed in you if you lose this one :p

16. Boffa

Boffa Active Member

Country Flag:
    Well we scraped through 1-0 by the skin of our teeth... still heaps of mistakes though..

17. Boffa

Boffa Active Member

Country Flag:
    Thursday 1am gmt got these guys

[​IMG]

just picked up tackle on str 4 blitzer... 120 inducement so no wiz... bribes or 2 babes I guess... dbl niggled assassin wants a boot... could be very tough match any advice?

18. Boffa

Boffa Active Member

Country Flag:
    well that one ended in a very costly 1-1 daw. dead wrestle lino, elvolvirell dead (dodge guard tackle blitz) rookie catcher niggled and st4 blodge thower -av.

think played better then last two games and 1 point good result after terrible first half.

19. Boffa

Boffa Active Member

Country Flag:
    playing rats tomorrow. His mv 10 superstar ag5 gutter is mng so no inucements either way. Has a mv 10 gutter, wrestle gutter and a wrestle strip gutter to go with a killer vermin with juggs another good utility vermin and a rogre.. which sucks with me having no bench (hes got 12). Not sure if I should kick or receive.. seems likely player removal will have a big part in who wins so I may receive.. that way with my two sidesteppers (20k short to buy new blitzer) parked either side of a lino on los should be able to at least make his 1 turner difficult.

20. Boffa

Boffa Active Member

Country Flag:
    Another frustrating draw. He bought an extra player so I got babes and received. Couldn't do any dmg to his team so just scored in turn 3 hoping to encourage a shoot out. He tried to grind and I took 4 cas and few KO.. again no badly hurt.. I had so many chances to pop the ball or snake eye pick up but with a blitz pushed his only player in range out of range turn 8 and went in 1-0.

Again he tries to stall, leaving me heaps of chances to steal ball despite being outnumbered 11-7. can't roll anything but push and when I do snake the pick up again. last turn snake eyes cost me 2-0 and I watch him roll some dice to tie up 1-1. Sets up to make 1 turner very easy but cant get pushes so draw.

Dyiin (rookie lino) died. lvl 5 guard lino with niggle got -av.. bye bye. Another crap lino got some SI so he's gone and my last guard is mng. Good news is Zaos made superstar.. going to be struggling to get a bench all season now I guess I'll keep Darwyn around a bit (str 4 blodge thrower with -av) just because hes not a loner and no guard makes str 4 more important.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015