1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OCC - Evil Evil Lust Sorcerers

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by bintz, Dec 10, 2011.

1. bintz

bintz Active Member

Country Flag:
    Hey there!!!

So I've finally registered for OCC with a... guess what? dark elf team! RayXXX convinced me to enter OCC directly, telling me that I would be seeded in 6C or 6D and should therefore avoid SSC teams. I'm not sure if it will really happen like that but I'll give it a try :)

So, the team is Evil Evil Lust Sorcerers, led by dirty old wizards and their younger kinds, team captain being Gandalf the Grey Tongue. I hope the team will be able to offer horrible sevices to their opponents :eek:

1 - Gandalf the Grey Tongue - Blitzer
    2 - Saroumane the White Fingers - Blitzer
    3 - Belgarath the Old Grump - Blitzer

5 - Wicked Naughty Witch of the West - Witch

9 - Ron Weaslut - Lineman
    10 - Hermione Grunger - Linewoman
    11 - Harry Poker - Lineman
    12 - Neville Verylongbottom - Lineman
    13 - Luna Lovegood - Linewoman
    14 - Draco MILFoy - Lineman
    15 - Vincent Crabs - Lineman

Team RR: 2

Sorry for the bad taste about the names, I just couldn't help it :D

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  2. Lebe666

Lebe666 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Actually I was going to say... nice names ! :D

Best of Luck !

3. AllyRdr

AllyRdr Member

Country Flag:
    Nice player names :)

4. jrpeart

jrpeart Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    jrpeart
    Cyanide Username:
    jrpeart
    Country Flag:
    Nice names and good luck.

5. Slyspy

Slyspy Member

Country Flag:
    Only Nuffle can save your opponents!

6. Etheric

Etheric Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Etheric
    Country Flag:
    AH thoguht you were going for the 4 blizer runner start? I am split between the two myself. Having another player with block having the runner available to carry the ball freeing up the other players to hit things feels better right now, but I would have to try it. It does leave it a lot later when you get witches though.

Maybe they have changed the seeding then, but this season I was in 6d and there were 5 experienced teams in there. Maybe they are going to split division 6 into experienced teams and rookie teams by division, which for sure is better, a tv 1000 team vs a tv 1500 team is a lot tougher than a tv 1500 team vs a tv 2000 team as at least in the 2nd case you have all the basic (and much better) skills.

7. Barninho

Barninho Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    For me I like the Witch Elf build better as long as she survives. You do sacrifice a block player, but especially once you get a skill she gives you something different. The threat of Frenzy helps a lot in my opinion and with 10 AV8 players it's not hard to protect her in case something goes badly wrong. You end up with the same re-rolls.

I know the arguments about why you should save the witch till later, but for me personally I find it easier to win with a witch than a Runner.

I think from the start Dark Elves are going to be competitive with any roster though and my record with Runners is fairly dreadful. Before I got the skills I used her as my Runner, basically, and it worked great.

8. bintz

bintz Active Member

Country Flag:
    Yeah, I thought I would go with the 4 blitzers build but in the end, I realized I don't use the runner much and I like the threat of surfing players with the witch. I'll just have to hope nothing bad happens to her in the first couple games so that I can give her block. At least with rookie teams, dodge should keep her quite safe since there won't be much block/tackle around.

Anyways, both build are good, I think it just comes down to personnal preference. About the runner, in my CC team, I only bought it late in the second season and it didn't do anything in the first 3 games (0 spp and playing only on offense when I could afford to preserve him on defense). Now he got a couple skills (mainly for hoging MVPs), I use him much more but I do prefer witches.

9. bintz

bintz Active Member

Country Flag:
    In the end, there was not enough room for me to start directly in OCC so it will be a SSC season as a starter!

Here is how the division looks like (and I'll finally play Mico :))

* [​IMG] Thorlacius - Unstoppable Quitters - Skaven - GMT+1
    * [​IMG] bintz - Evil Evil Lust Sorcerers - DarkElf - GMT+1
    * [​IMG] Dante82 - Oscillian Outcasts - Elf - GMT+1
    * [​IMG] Bloodcurse - Soteks Serpents - lizardman - GMT
    * [​IMG] KilroyKiljoy - The Kobra Kommand-Rahs - Khemri - GMT-5
    * [​IMG] Max Power - New Orcland Patriots - Orc - GMT+1
    * [​IMG] Oldtoosoon - Slave to the Green - Orc - GMT
    * [​IMG] Jonesy - Auld World Wanderers - Elf - GMT
    * [​IMG] Steffyr - The house of axe - Dwarf - GMT+1
    * [​IMG] Mico Selva - Cheap Girls - Amazon - GMT+1

So mid-bash, mid-agile division, should be interesting!

10. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    See You on the pitch, bintz. :D

Nice player names, btw. I especially like that Luna Lovegood had her name unchanged, as it was fitting enough. ;)

Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  11. bintz

bintz Active Member

Country Flag:
    Yep, see you on the pitch Mico!!!

And thanks for the name, I have to give credits to my wife though since she's the one who came up with Draco MILFoy :D

12. bintz

bintz Active Member

Country Flag:
    It looks like Im starting against... dwarves. Not exactly the team Id like to face first but you have to start with something, right? I just hope my witch can survive...

I also saw that a few spots opened for tier 6 but it seems I saw the message a bit late. I applied though but I doubt I'll get a spot.

13. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    Yeah, I missed that too. :( Pity.

14. Lebe666

Country Flag:
    Day 3 is against me Bintz !! DElf on DElf action ! :D

Day 9 I take on Mico !

15. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    Good thing it's not Your Orc team, Lebe. :p

16. bintz

bintz Active Member

Country Flag:
    I haven't watched the calendar yet but dwarf-something-DE is not what I dreamt of to be honest :D

The good thing is the 2 orc teams are gone and we have a gob team now :)

17. Lebe666

Country Flag:
    Better losing unskilled players to Dwarves than veterans further on ! ;)

18. bintz

bintz Active Member

Country Flag:
    True but I would have liked having an apo before playing the dwarves, at least :p

Ah well, at least I know were the witch will sit all game: behind a defensive screen. :D

19. Lebe666

Country Flag:
    Will be facing Dwarves myself in MD 2 so I bought my Apoch after the first game.

20. bintz

bintz Active Member

Country Flag:
    Season 12 - SSC 1A - Game 1: Steffyr - The house of axe - Dwarf

Pre-game:
    Surprisingly, that first game wasn't as boring as I expected (playing against dwarves with a rookie team never sound too sexy...).

He had a roster with a single runner, 2 blitzer and 2 slayers so the plan was hit the runner if I could and keep my witch safe at all cost.

First half:
    I won the toss and kicked. Luckily, my opponent didn't realize he was receiving and didn't have much guys back. The scatter made it worse since it ended up in his end zone! Long way to go for those little legs :powdodge:

I broke his lines and sent a blitzer to mark his carrier back into his side. I had to go for it but my very first RR use in OCC (well, SSC) offered me a nice snake eye.

He got some guys down, I did as well and went 2 guys down due to KOs. I had a couple opportunity at a 1D blitz at his carrier with a blitzer (his carrier being a block-less runner) but it needed a 3+ dodge and I could never get it.

He was slowing crawling to my half and at some point, I had the opportunity to surf a slayer but that would mean leting him advance on my opposite wing. I thought I could afford it and surfed the punk but the crowd wasn't on my side and nothing bad occured.

But the runner was going quite fast and went out of blitz range, I could mark it though and hope for a failed block or gfi. It wasn't to be and on turn 6 it was 1-0 for the dwarves.

0-1

With 2 turns left, I set up to break through his LOS line. Luckily, i get 3 :pow: and infiltrate with 4 guys before tossing the ball to my witch. He needed a couple blocks and gfi to reach her with a lineman and tackled her, also marking all my guys in scoring range.

It looked bad, really bad but then I realized I somehow misread the turn number and that I didnt have 2 but 3 turns to score! When I realized it, I was midway into my 7th turn but it allowed me to make a couple blocks before picking the ball with that Wicked Naughty Witch.

On the last turn, a blitzer attempted a blitz at her but he fell on his gfi, opening the way for a last second equalizer!

1-1

Second half:

I receive and set up to use my witch as a carrier to force a second TD and earn her her first skill. Steffyr set up on a line, not covering his back much and after a couple turn, I manage to break through. I go dancing behind his line but I can't stall much and have to score on my 6th turn, leaving him with 3 turns to score.

2-1

My opponent attack on his right wing and I can't get to his carrier, I manage to mark it though but the marker get blocked away and the runner unexpectedly falls back to the LOS, hands out to a blitzer who runs straight into the middle of my half. He also gets a slayer in scoring range.

I then have 2 options: marking the slayer and the blitzer with 4 guys (double marking the slayer perfectly and double marking the blitzer with a dodge option that would require more dices) or try a 2D blitz on the blitzer but I needed a gfi to do so.

I thought Id rather risk the gfi to get the ball down but it failed and I was out of RR. The dwarves then blocked a couple times to clear the way (using their RR in the process), dodged away with their blitzer and gfi'd twice for a second TD on the very last second.

Final score: 2-2

Post-game:

I really could have won that match baring a couple different rolls (especially the dodges in the first half) or if I didnt focus on surfing that slayer. In the second half, I don't think I made much mistake but my first TD was definatly lucky since I messed up with the turns... So I guess it's a fair result.

Dices are positives for both coaches with dwarves a bit higher (I don't remember exactly but D6/2D6 are something like 3 for me/6 for him). Blocks are a bit better on my side but he got a lot of :bothdown: which can't be bad when you play dwarves :D

At least no one got hurt and Wicked Naughty Witch got 2 TDs, she rolled normal, which is perfect since I hate to gamble taking a double or +stat on a rookie witch! MVP landed on a blitzer and I got 1spp for a completion on a lineman (or should I say linewoman since it was Hermione Grunger!).

About money, I was a bit scared cause the game said 40k but after the winning bug occured, I was left with 60k and I could also buy the apo.

Apo + skilled witch = quite a relief!!!

Next: pro elves:powdodge: (I haven't checked what happened to them in their first game, they were playing against Khemri)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012