1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OCC - Evil Evil Lust Sorcerers

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by bintz, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Lebe666

Lebe666 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Nice ! Happy you managed in the end to win ! Elves can be hard...

My Orcs got a victory last week (disconnect halftime) and have a good TV now...

2. bintz

bintz Active Member

Country Flag:
    I won exactly enough to have 100k in bank so I'll welcome a 4th blitzer once I come with a name :D

Also I was mistaken and no lino leveled up, only Saroumane did and he took dodge after rolling normal.

3. bintz

bintz Active Member

Country Flag:
    Two games have been played since my last update. Back then, I just had won my game against Lebe's DE and was going 2-1-1.

Round 5:
    Next, I faced Bloodcurse's lizards. His team was one saurus short (MNG) and had a loner skink. His krox had PO (and guard if I recall well) but most the team was inexperienced. The good thing about this match is that almost all kick off events went my way. We had a pitch invasion clearing 75% of his team, a blitz and I believe a perfect defense too.

Add to that a couple positionning mistakes and even though the lizards opened the score quickly, the game ended with a 3-1 victory for EELS. I couldn't level anyone though since I scored only once with my rookie blitzer (the others TD went to players with 5-8 spp) and the MVP landed on one of the only guys who wasn't in leveling range.

Round 6:
    Yesterday, I faced the dreaded Goblicious, a goblin team leading our group! Itchen sure looked like a very serious goblin coach and since BBM was down, I couldn't even watch a replay to get a feel of his plays.

I gave away 250k in inducements and he went for wizard and 2 bribes. I won the toss and decided to receive to get his secret weapons out quickly (he had a 13 men roster). But we had a bug and he couldn't put his chainsaw on the bench. We decided to both alt + F4 but when we started again the same happened and we went.

The only "detail" was that weather changed to sveltering heat... We kicked off and the weather changed to a nice sunny one. I made a couple blocks, blitzed with my tackle blitzer and then went for the ball with my witch after covering it with a lino. I failed the pickup but decided not to burn a RR that early.

That's where goblin play went into action. He tossed Monty, his star (+agi, SS gob) who executed a perfect landing, picked up the ball in the 2 TZ and ran out for a one turn TD without burning a RR.

He used his bribe for the chainsaw but it failed and had to burn the second one, implying an eviction of his fanatic. More than that, the looney couldn't be fielded and finally appeared on the bench... This time it went different since his star got KO'd after a an early turnover from a dodge and some other gobs also joined the KO box along with him. I couldn't get the trolls down though even though none had block. I infiltrated his side of the pitch and played hide and seek with his flying men, hiting and punching to get a turn 8 TD.

His star didn't come back and after geting the pickup and the handoff, his troll couldn't get the pass for another OTTD. The kickoff event was again a weather one but the sun was still shining.

Everyone came back for a happy second half except the 2 secret weapons and a BH gob. The weather changed once again and this time it was a blizzard (talk about global warming in the Old World!). I kicked deep and only his star could get to the ball and pick it up.

Meanwhile, I circled his LOS formation and the gobs standing beside. From then, KO and BH started pouring, especially after his star tripped on a gfi to get the ball next to his trolls. I got the ball back, sent a blitzer toward his EZ but he got zapped by the wizard (no stun) and I kept hiting and fouling. Eventually, I broke Monty's back but couldn't do anything to his trolls even though I fouled on 4 times in a row with 4-5 assists (2 stuns, 2 fouls spotted by the ref and one that didnt even pass the armour).

After enjoying the maim (relatively cool maim since no one got lasting injuries beside Monty), I scored in the very last turn for a 2-1 victory. That should bring be pretty close to the top of the group.

I'll post a roster update when I get some time!

4. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    Looking forward to reading about Your tactics for the upcoming match. :p

5. Lebe666

Country Flag:
    Bintz knows to deal with Cheap Girls ? ;)

Well played Bintz

6. bintz

bintz Active Member

Country Flag:
    Pre-match:
    I played against Mico's Cheap Girls yesterday and it was a nice game!
    I finally picked dodge over a second tackle on my newly leveled up blitzer and also got dodge on the tackler.

Mico had exactly 200k of inducement and went for a classic wizard + babe combo.

First half:
    I win the toss and kick deep, earning the girls an extra RR. They pick up and keep the ball 4-5 squares being the LOS with a nice loose screen. Meanwhile I'm trying to hit those damn amazons but all my guys get :powdodge: except my tackler who gets :pushback: I guess that's what you get when you play against zons :D

I leave my right flank quite open, waiting for Mico to get trapped there but his aggressive play style (marking almost all my guys each turns) is causing me difficulties to reach his carrier. I'm lucky with dodges though and manage to move some guys requiring 3+ then 2+ dodges. At some point, I get 2-3 blocks where I need to get at least a girl down to try for 2D blitz at the ball but I can only push them and have to try a 1D blitz instead.

If I recall well, I get a push, RR'd to :bothdown: and since the carrier doesn't have block, I get the ball on the ground. Ensues a couple turns where we both try to get control of the ball and I eventually can get it and make a 3+ pass over the amazons to get my witch with the ball. I can't protect her much though but she resists a couple blocks/blitz. At this point, Mico decides not to take an extra 2D block at her because it would give me a better opportunity to dodge away if I don't get down.

The next turn, I can't do much since she's marked from everywhere. I manage to clear a couple zons though and the witch falls back into my half, almost protected. The clock is ticking and the witch get sacked but then I fuck up and don't move my blitzer forward enough to get him in scoring range my 7th turn... Because of that, I have to get a couple linos on scoring range, burning my last RR in the process.

Mico marks my carrier but I luckily dodge (2+) away, make the 2+ handoff and 2 gfi to open the score on the last seconds.

Second half:
    The only KOs get back on both teams and we're up for the second half! The ref decides to move the clock forward so it will only be 7 turns.

That's when it started geting bad for Mico. I crush his LOS, geting a stun and a KO then get another KO on my blitz, leaving his left flank quite open. He backs up to defend but I manage to move forward in a loose formation. I manage to :pow: my witch on a 1D blitz though but I can pick up the ball again shortly after. Meanwhile, KO's start pouring, along with a couple surfs and soon there is only 4-5 amazons on the field. I decide to score instead of stalling on my 6th turn, hoping to get more spp in the last 2 turns.

Most KOs get back and it's a full 11 squad on both side. I kick short hoping I can steal the ball and Mico doesn't realize he has 3 turns to score (thinking he has 2) and go for it with a lone catcher. I sack her with my tackle guy and gamble a 4+ pass over his LOS to my witch who made it through his defense. The ball get intercepted, Mico cleverly switch side and Im only left with and hero play to avoid the TD (3 3+ dodges and a 1D blitz) I fail the second dodge and Mico walks with in the EZ.

On the way, he kills my guard blitzer but the apo heals it to BH.

So the game ends up with a 2-1 victory for EELS!

Post-game:
    Even if Mico didn't feel like it, he was quite Nuffled, geting very poor results on D6 (failing various rolls using RR or included RR) and I got very nice results on both D6 and 2D6. In fact, I got very low :pow: but when the girls went down, they got hit pretty hard.

MVP landed on a random lino who leveled up, probably geting a boring dodge or guard depending on the roll.

Next game: goblins again!

7. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    Next time we meet, I'll get Zara or Morg as inducements and won't forget to use them, as I did with the damn wizard. :p

Good game, bintz. And to be honest, I hope we don't end up in the same group next season. I don't like losing that much. ;)

8. Lebe666

Country Flag:
    I can say that as well ! :D

Shame on you Bintz... married guy hitting on Cheap Girls ! Taking them down ! Shame ! :p

9. bintz

bintz Active Member

Country Flag:
    Haha, true! :D

10. Lebe666

Country Flag:
    "Fishnet Wanda"... good name for your team or Mico's...

11. bintz

bintz Active Member

Country Flag:
    My goblin opponent didn't show up for MD8 so I'll probably get an admined win :(

12. bintz

bintz Active Member

Country Flag:
    In the end, that admined win was quite nice. I got 110k gold, puting me at 200k exactly. I'm not sure what I'll do with that, probably buy a second witch and save the rest.

I also got two linos to their 1st level up. Ron Weaslut rolled 5+5 so he'll probably get guard. Draco MILFoy rolled 6+6 so he'll also take guar... euh wait, he'll get +ST! :)

So the team looks like this:
    1 - Gandalf the Grey Tongue - Blitzer - dodge, tackle
    2 - Saroumane the White Fingers - Blitzer - dodge
    3 - Belgarath the Old Grump - Blitzer - guard
    4 - Rincewind the Sneaky - Blitzer - dodge
    5 - Wicked Naughty Witch of the West - Witch - block

9 - Ron Weaslut - Lineman - guard
    10 - Hermione Grunger - Linewoman - dodge
    11 - Harry Poker - Lineman - dodge
    12 - Neville Verylongbottom - Lineman
    13 - Luna Lovegood - Linewoman - kick
    14 - Draco MILFoy - Lineman - +ST
    15 - Vincent Crabs - Lineman

RR: 3
    FF: 6
    Apo: yep!

13. FTJUK

FTJUK Member

Country Flag:
    Thats looking like a pretty decent Druchii team already. How much money have got in the bank and what will be your next purchase? Possibly a runner or another WE?

14. bintz

bintz Active Member

Country Flag:
    Actually I already answered your question in the first lines of my previous post ;)

I'll probably buy a second witch, I don't play with runners much.

15. FTJUK

FTJUK Member

Country Flag:
    Must pay more attention!!;)

16. bintz

bintz Active Member

Country Flag:
    So, for my last game against bottom of the group necro team, I didn't buy anything since I was already giving him 200k of inducement (ok ok, I confess, I totally forgot to buy stuff...)

I just played it and I would have wanted a better game than that before taking a medium-long break away from BB. I lost the toss and necros kicked, I gained a RR but burnt it right away to pick up the ball. I BH'd a zombie (regen'd) and stunned another one on the LOS then I marked his 2 golems with dodges linos thinking about breaking through right away but it didn't go as expected.

He hit back, MNG'd one of the marking lino, stunning the other and BH my ST4 lino on his blitz... From there, the game just felt wrong, I felt he was rolling :pow: on 95% of his blocks and I felt I couldn't do anything and after some turns, I lost the ball and he ran out of reach. 0-1 at half time. In the mean time, he had also BH my tackle/dodge blitzer and KO'd my witch. My only revenge was killing his skilless ghoul.

Second half wasn't much better with him receiving, the witch got back though. I had a shot at his carrier due to an early turnover but I couldn't take his ghoul down and after some blows he managed to cage. I marked the cage and then, he finally failed something important: his dodge with the ball carrying ghoul.

I recovered the ball but couldn't get it safe and of course he sacked me, but he failed a dodge again so I just had to pick up the ball with my witch and run away. But it didn't end up that simple... the witch was clearly out of reach but in turn 14th (or so), I wanted to get a block before scoring (I still had a RR), I stood up a blitzer with dodge to get the assist, dodged away: 1+1, KO.

Of course he blitzed down my witch :)pow: again), took down ALL my guys, picked up the ball and caged mid field. He was too far away to score a second one though.

On his 16th turn, he made a pass to get an extra spp, it went inaccurate and went into the crowd who tossed it back on the LOS. I had a chance at an unlikely equalizer!

Witch jumped up and ran to the EZ, blitzer stood up, dodged away, picked up the ball, made a gfi to make the pass a long one instead of a bomb, throwed... inaccurate, scatter => back on the witch, reception... failed. So she will remain on 14spp...

So that's a loss to end the season with EELS and my last game of BB for a very long time since I'm siting off both CC and OCC. I feel a bit down about stopping on a match like this but well, shit happens. (even if looking at the stats, he was lower than me on both D6 and 2D6... maybe because he almost didn't roll any D6 and failed most of them)

Thanks to those reading me here and see you in I-don't-know-how-many months!

17. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Keep safe - and never roll more dice once you have a TD at the ready (unless you really think it is worth it) :p

18. Lebe666

Country Flag:
    Nasty way to say farewell to BB (even if only for a while)... I recommend you continue playing... :D

19. bintz

bintz Active Member

Country Flag:
    Yeah, I usually play very safe but thought "what the heck" since the game didn't matter much... In fact it wasn't THAT bad since he needed a :pow: on his blitz but of course he got it.

20. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    Something tells me you will be back when the expansion comes out!

Enjoy your break in the meantime! ;)