1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OCC - Let's get behind Fastshark

Discussion in 'General Blood Bowl News and Discussion' started by Citizen Nev, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Citizen Nev

Citizen Nev Member

Country Flag:
    Greetings all you BBtactics guys.

Many of you will be aware that BBtactics coach Fastshark's Lizardmen team 'Fatsharks' play in Tier 1 of the OCC. This prodigious competition is in it's 14th season and boasts around 250 active coaches over 6 ranked tiers.

If Fastshark can manage a victory in his last game, or if other results go his way, he will be crowned champion of the OCC, his name going down in history.

So let's give him all of our support and hope a BBtactics coach can claim the glory over other lesser coaches (Danton excepted).

2. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Fastshark isn't a real BBT:er though - Alouatta got him here for some CC, but Sharkey had to bow out due to his workload. (IIRC)

I haven't seen him back since, so it's more like he was an OOC:er visiting BBT than the other way around.

I can still cheer on him for being a Swede, a friend of Alou, and so on, though - so yay Lizards (even if it would be fun with a Dark Elf or Nurgle win too)

3. Narly Bird

Narly Bird Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I 2nd Nikolai's comments.

Although I have to mention that when i played Fastsharks Lizards in the OCC a couple of seasons ago, he was a pleasure to play against. We had a good chat during the game and even though i crippled his team (which was substantially lower tv than my Necro) and won the match, he was still quite a good sport about it. He even offered to give me a copy of one of the games he developed (he owns a gaming company), after his computer crashed and we had a rematch.

So from my experience he's a good bloke and a nice coach to play against, but isn't particularly involved with BBTactics.

4. Citizen Nev

Citizen Nev Member

Country Flag:
    Bah, if he's in Gallow's coaches in OCC thread it counts :D

5. Lebe666

Lebe666 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Neat Narly... what is his game company ?

6. Juriel

Juriel Active Member

Country Flag:
    What's the alternative to supporting lizards? ELF VICTORY

That's why everyone is behind Fastshark, go go go.

7. Lebe666

Country Flag:
    Elf or Lizard ? Darn... seen this before... lets root for anything else... :p

8. Gallows Bait

Gallows Bait Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    He is grey for inactivity though. :D

9. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Nurgle have a shot if they can beat Fatshark with a two goal difference and Andy doesn't win his game.

10. G20

G20 Member

Country Flag:
    I'd rather play elves than lizards any day of the week. Lizards can seem impossible to deal with as a ST3 team.

11. Boffa

Boffa Active Member

Country Flag:
    You guys need to be more specific with your elf hate.. wood elves get dancers and tree, so are scum. FOUL. High and dark get av8.. wtf cheats. Pro's are ok... right? ;)

also regarding Fastshark's bbtactics status, my feelings are if he wins it then hes one of us :p

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  12. crimsonsun

crimsonsun Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    crimsonsun
    Country Flag:
    Personally i am not into getting behind anyone, its just not how I roll. But I wish all three players in contention to score amazing TD's and to die gloriously.

13. Juriel

Juriel Active Member

Country Flag:
    I'd be fine with Pro being the only elves around. Might get some elves to get off the easy mode train. :p

14. John McGuirk

John McGuirk Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Ah, so he's the Andy Murray of Blood Bowl.

15. Narly Bird

Narly Bird Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Website here: Fatshark
    They just released a game called Krater. There is some discussion about it over on the OCC forums.

My issue with Lizards is when a Skink gets AG4. With the right coach they can prove unstoppable. Although they do have a weakness against Wood elf teams.

16. Lebe666

Country Flag:
    Neat game idea ! Didn't know smaller companies could survive unless it was for Facebook or small app games.

17. Alouatta

Alouatta Member

Country Flag:
    I tell him to pop by this thread. We are working at the same company so I guess I have no choise but to support him. Even though I prefer elves over Lizards. But then dark elfs are not my flavour.

18. Alouatta

Alouatta Member

Country Flag:
    It all boils down to tv management :)

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  19. Lebe666

Country Flag:
    Good answer Alou...

Where is the fastshark thread in OCC about his company ?

20. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag: