1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OCC - Magnificent Mythos

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by Slyspy, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    You can fix all that by getting back to the CC you know;) Good luck with your break, I hope your spirit improve:)

2. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    What happen? Somebody slip you the bomb?

3. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    Fukcin' 'ell, that must have been some serious trouble. Taking a break is indeed often necessary, I will miss your blog though!

4. Slyspy

Slyspy Member

Country Flag:
    I'm not quitting just because of that one game. As some of you know, especially if you read this blog (hey, maybe you do!) I've not been feeling the BB love recently.

I played three league games over the weekend. I won my UKBBL game (my best result of the season at 3-0) but didn't enjoy it one bit. My Ogham Ogres failed to lift my spirits. And then my OCC game was so appalling right from the off that I just didn't bother playing the last four turns.

Coupled with a concession last week it made me wonder why I was bothering at all, why I was using six hours of my free time doing something I wasn't enjoying. So I decided I needed a break and that I couldn't really bring myself to play my remaining games (no disrespect intended towards my opponents).

Unfortunately, but understandably, the major leagues aren't fans of people quitting early so it is likely be that even if I get my BB mojo back I'll not see you guys there. It is a shame to see the end of Magnificent Mythos, Sly's Lurching Losers and even The Wise Guys. It is also a shame to think that I've shut myself out of playing in the large leagues since they are, IMO, the epitome of online BB and fantastic communities to be part of. Maybe the shorter format of the Crunch Cup will draw me back at some point.

I guess the tale of Magnificent Mythos ends here.

Slyspy

5. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    Nah, you wouldn't be the first case of someone leaving mid season that has been allowed to join again later... so don't worry too much about that. You may be asked to help in some way though to compensate your bad karma, or prove yourself first playing a full season of, say, scc, or fill in for another quitter or an empty spot the league needs filled in etc.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  6. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Apparently one season of flawless SSC is a common way to restore reputation.