1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[OCC] Ministry of Alteration

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by greymurphy42, Aug 21, 2012.

1. greymurphy42

greymurphy42 Member

Country Flag:
    I thought that I'd take Khemri into the OCC proper, having played with Pro Elves last season. I've started with 3 Tomb Guardians, 2 Blitz-Ras, 1 Thro-Ra, 6 skeletons and 3 RR, all named after characters from the Red Dwarf episode Back to Reality.

MD1 - Verbal_HM - Vampires (The Counters) - 1440
    MD2 - Willy - Human (D.Jone's Rum Runners) - 1450
    MD3 - Errant Saint - Dark Elf (The Sigil Torments) - 1000
    MD4 - Desalbert - Khemri (The Stiff Sixteen) - 1280
    MD5 - Logain Enroth - Wood Elf (Osten Ard Zidayas) - 1000
    MD6 - Jayheretic - Dwarf (Karaz a Kerrunch)- 1180
    MD7 - Da Basher - Khemri (Walking Deadites) - 1420
    MD8 - Reverendo - High Elf (Excelsior Jesters) - 1000
    MD9 - Doomy - Norse (Drunken Impulse) - 1370

So I've got 440k of inducements against the Vampires. He has 6 vamps, 7 thralls, 3 RR and an apothecary. 4 of the vampires have block, and one has +ST and block. There's a thrall with kick, and one with +AG.

I'm sort of tempted by the chef, but have a feeling it won't be worth the money. But on the other hand, I'm not really sure what to choose. Setekh could be handy as he has no sure hands, and maybe a merc TG with MB.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2012
  2. Barninho

Barninho Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I played a rookie Khemri team in OCC but got put in tier 5 with a load of much more developed teams, and it's still my best season in OCC. I went with the four TG's from the start though, and would again.

I really like to have four, so the option of inducing the merc would probably make a lot of sense, but in general I took Nekbrekher every single time and used him as a safety and I absolutely loved him. He's a great value star player and ultimately I ended up taking him ahead of the wizard as it was rare you could take advantage of a loose ball anyway. Particularly early in development he brings a lot to the team.

3. Citizen Nev

Citizen Nev Member

Country Flag:
    A vampire team with 6 vamps and 3 rerolls could be absolutely destroyed by a chef. That would leave you with 140k, enough to by a merc TB.

Barn raises a good point about Nekbreherah, who is great value for money. He is a great safety and Block and Strip Ball, as well as STR 4, would be very useful. He also leaves cash for a MERC TG and a babe.

If it was me I'd go for the chef, as a Vampire teams greatest enemy is itself.

Or you could always bring MORG!

4. G20

G20 Member

Country Flag:
    This is exactly right. I'd also think about dropping a blitz-ra and adding TG. Then take a merc blitz-ra w/ MB during the inducement phase. Give yourself the max chance to land an MVP on a TG. The blitz-ra will skill up pretty quickly by khemri standards.

5. greymurphy42

greymurphy42 Member

Country Flag:
    Hmmm...thinking about it, I could drop the extra skellie and a RR for a TG, which would get me 450k. I could then get Setekh, a bribe and a RR. Or Ramtut + babe could work. Unfortunately Morg won't play for Khemri ;)

6. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    If you want an amusing suggestion you could go for 2 Blitz, 4 TG, 5 Skeletons (3RR)

Sure, no sure hands until you have bought a Thro, but then you can try to skill your Blitz-Ras faster by using one as ballcarrier. It should at most take twice as long to get the ball up ;)

7. Barninho

Country Flag:
    If that's still an option I'd fiddle with the roster. Those four TG's are indispensable for me. I'd lean towards the 2 Thro Ra, 1 Blitz Ra build personally, especially since you have inducements to play with and can just use Nekbrek as the other one. For Khemri it's hard enough to pick up the ball with Sure Hands let alone without it.

8. Everblue

Everblue Active Member

Country Flag:
    I played against the vamps and Willy's humans last season. Willy plays a passing game with his humans - he had 4 catchers and no Ogre when I played him, and ended up being the leading passer in the division. From memory his thrower is great - I think accurate and strong arm, although I could be wrong.

You'd ideally want some tackle (or at least 2 blitz-ras) when you meet him.

9. crimsonsun

crimsonsun Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    crimsonsun
    Country Flag:
    This, and you can induce a throw-ra if your worried. I have tried loads of Khemri builds and this one is by far the best you need the re-rolls for blocks, and Blitz-ra and TG's are what makes the team work.

Crimsonsun

10. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    I think Im going to create a Khemri team in MM or FOL just so to practice my positioning... in the last couple of games in ukbbl with the Chosen Ones I had key positional mistakes (just one tile off) that led to defeats in both cases...

I think Khemri can be awsome to practice and be disciplined in positioning, no?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  11. crimsonsun

crimsonsun Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    crimsonsun
    Country Flag:
    Definitely but they can be frustrating to begin with, they start slowly but once they are rolling they are very hard to stop. I am not going to go on a khemri rant here as I have done multiple over a talkfantasyfootball.org but positioning is vital because you can not redeploy, its wise to keep a safety player if you can spare them as well.

12. greymurphy42

greymurphy42 Member

Country Flag:
    Arranged to play around 9pm this evening, so I need to start making some decisions :) Been doing some maths, and if I aim for 14 players with all the positionals and 3 RR that comes to a TV of 117.

I think I'll try the 4 TG + 2 BR build, and hopefully this will help the BR to skill up fairly early, as once the TR come in they'll tend to hog the scoring duties.

13. Barninho

Country Flag:
    I'd suggest you try the two Thro Ra, 1 Blitz Ra, 4 TG build too. The reason being Khemri can fall apart with a deep kick otherwise. Having two players with Sure Hands does help considerably with this. Also without the Thro Ras a team with Strip Ball is practically guaranteed to fuck your drive up. Getting the ball into your possession is hard enough without Sure Hands.

14. greymurphy42

greymurphy42 Member

Country Flag:
    Argh! FFS! Net sync after going 1-0 up in T15. Match is showing as unplayed, so we're replaying on Friday.

15. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    Why?

1-0 on turn 15 was probably a win for you no? Unless he was about to score the equalizer that is.

From that angle why would you accept a rematch? I´d request the admin win no? OCC rules is sadly clear in that the discon or net synch error prevails in case of disagreement so that is bad for you, but surely you have a decent case to put forth to admins?

At the very least you should be able to agree to be allowed to score 1 TD and then passing turns without moving until turn 15 where you both would resume the game normally. And if your opponent is not honourable enough to accept it then, please let us know his name.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  16. greymurphy42

greymurphy42 Member

Country Flag:
    It was me that offered a rematch, as I'd rather play again as there's still loads of time, and it's not like it's an important match. I was just a bit frustrated that it was a couple of hours down the drain more than anything else.

17. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    Ah ok, you are being nice. I feel so ashamed now for proposing such a ruthless course of action. Can I have you always in my OCC group? Please? :D

18. greymurphy42

greymurphy42 Member

Country Flag:
    Ended 1-0 to the vampires this time around, despite him only having his Vampires left on the pitch after he scored, leaving me 4 turns to try and equalise.

19. greymurphy42

greymurphy42 Member

Country Flag:
    Looks like I might be playing Willy's humans this evening. In good news, his kick lineman is out MNG :D

Thrower - Strong arm, accurate
    Thrower - +AG, dodge
    Blitzer - Strip ball
    3* rookie blitzer
    2* blodge catcher
    Catcher - block, sidestep, pass block
    Lineman
    Ogre - Guard

3 RR, apo, 1* cheerleader, 1 *coach

He's at 1430 as it stands, giving me 440k of inducements, I'm thinking of a merc thro ra, Setekh and a bribe. I am tempted to give the thro ra leader for the extra RR, which would mean getting a babe instead of the bribe.

Tactics wise, I'm thinking pick up with the merc, but hand off to someone else to score.

20. Fallowheart

Fallowheart Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    handoff for the score is tricky and you're going to want to keep a reroll in reserve for that. reading above, you're 2 RR currently correct?

In that case, i'd say forget inducing the thro ra and use that reroll for the pickup with your blitz that you intend to score with. Induce a dirty player skelly and take the bribe. You'll do plenty enough blitzing with Setekh to make up for the block you are missing from the B-Ra having the ball, and are more likely to get the numbers advantage where you won't have to worry as much about the pickup without surehands... (that strip ball blitzer should be your first boot ;) )