1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nurgle OCC: On Pestilent Tides

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by Squall, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Remthar

Remthar Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Nice predictions Squall, good luck up there!

2. Squall

Squall Member

Country Flag:
    Thanks man I'm hoping I don't have to rely on nuffle :D

3. Chubberson

Chubberson Member

Cyanide Username:
    Chubberson
    Country Flag:
    Very thorough :)

4. Squall

Squall Member

Country Flag:
    Frank Monotone: "Welcome to season 22 of the Orca Cola league and our extreme limited coverage of one team in 4D - On Pestilent Tides. Match day one sees them come up against "Little Fockers" a 4 season old fling team with a point to prove. Viewers should get to see the teamsheet on their screens now"
    [​IMG]
    Frank Monotone: "As ever Grubella, a goblin with great blood bowl knowledge but no sense of self preservation, will be our expert analyst"

Grubella: "The best facts are found at the end of a fist Frank"

Frank Monotone: "Yes but remembering them is difficult! So lets start this preview show with a look at the Trees"

Grubella: "This fling team is blessed with likely the best tree in the entire league. Huge focker is massively strong even for a tree, has great blocking potential and can even dodge around the field at impressive speeds. Well as impressive as a mummy but that is pretty good for a tree. This also means it can stand when it wants. Giant focker is bog standard but has learnt some useful skills including the ability to hit more than one thing a turn!"

Frank Monotone: "Sounds painful! Do the little guys have the same depth of skills?"

Grubella: "Sadly for the flings there are only two skilled players and both of them have only worked on their footing"

Frank Monotone: "Well no fling side only uses their players, which inducements do you feel the squishy ones will use"

Grubella: "As always it is a tough choice for them but the chef will be cooking up something foul to tempt the Tide for a certainty. Deeproot is a regular and if he is picked then Zara could make the field. Morg is the other option but he sucks up a whole ton of cash!"

Frank Monotone: "So I maximum of 3 big guys is the most likely line-up?"

Grubella: "I would think so unless something creative is down in team creation"

Frank Monotone: "So what are the Tide's chances?"

Grubella: "Pretty good you would imagine but if the chef brews up good and the trees hit hard it could turn on its head!"

Frank Monotone: "Well there you have it, the Tide should win but at what cost. I have been Frank Monotone and remember if you want to see what your brains look like as they dribble out your nose, Drink Gargleblast, it is a organ melter"

5. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Wiz might be alternative to Zara though she is a great ball carrier and useful on TTMs, good luck, I expect a tough match frankly.

6. Squall

Squall Member

Country Flag:
    Yes with my 1 tackle, no claws and 800 inducements I expect my guys to make a meal of it!

7. Barristan

Barristan Member

Country Flag:
    Isn't Nurgle a nightmare for sides relying on TTM though?

8. Squall

Squall Member

Country Flag:
    This is true but they might just stamp and hit the dp :).

9. Squall

Squall Member

Country Flag:
    Frank Monotone: "Welcome one and all to another season of the Orca Cola Championship. We are follow the Tide's progress into division 4D with their first match vs Little Fockers. I have with me Durdor Guzzlerum, ex Troll Slayer for the Grimbeards. I would say we invited him but it seems he invited himself".

Durdor Guzzlerum: "You can't keep me from a fling match Frank. My stomach demands my attendance. In fact that chef has cooked up some think good I'll be back shortly"

Frank Monotone: "Ok the Little Fockers chef is indeed cooking a distracting stew with Tide's coach Squall being quite distracted before this kick-off. The Tide have decided to receive but the flings are taking a massive advantage by rushing them before the game starts!

Durdor Guzzlerum: *Disturbing stuffing face noises*

Frank Monotone: "Greedy Focker has been tossed down the field by Giant Focker and amazing caught the ball. Norrington with Davy Jone's assistance have appeared next to the disbelieving stunty and knocked the poor fellow out. Norrington picks up the ball extremely deep in the Tide half."

Durdor Guzzlerum: *Still with a mouth mostly full* "CRASH! That Deeproot had stood on Pintal ankle shattering it!"

Frank Monotone: "The tree are attempting to mark up but Dumb Focker falls on this arse giving jack enough room to knock out Dirty Focker while Will turner also makes Lucky Focker see the tolling bell."

Durdor Guzzlerum: *Spitting a drumstick across the room* "HAH Jack has been smashed into the ground by the awesome Huge Focker who has then broken into Norringtons cage marking him!"

Grubella: *pitch side* "Once Jack was dug out of the pitch it seems his wounds have healed up fine for the next drive"

Frank Monotone: "Norrington looks worried about being too close to Huge Focker and has sped up the left hand side but Zara has a shot at him but can't get him to the ground. Norrington manages to knock out Drunk Focker and make a run for the end zone. Giant focker has let his roots ground him so Jack Sparrow attempts to dodge away falling to the ground"

Durdor Guzzlerum: *Now picking his teeth clean* "BOOM that is what I call a midget rush. Stupid Dumb and Nasty Focker have rushed Norrington and stunned the pestigor stunning him in the process"

Frank Monotone: "The warriors and all crowding around the ball giving off such a collective stench that Zara refuses the hit them. Nasty Focker has decided to attempt a pickup of the ball inside all of the warriors but can't manage it one handed because the other is holding his nose"

Durdor Guzzlerum: "BURRRRRRP, I mean ouch Jack Sparrow has taken Stupid Focker out for a couple of match with that hit which Gibbs has knocked out nasty Focker. Norrington seems to be the only one interested in the ball and has picked it up and run away with a cage of warriors to support him"

Frank Monotone: "Huge Focker has pushed himself into the cage with Zara and dumb following him. Jack Sparrow, Gibbs and Barbossa push Dumb Focker around and finally knock him to the floor allowing Norrington to escape without having to dodge away. 1-0 to the Tide"

Grubella: "Lucky and Dumb Focker have managed to wake up to get back on the field"

Frank Monotone: "The Fockers set up to score a 1 turner but the kick is too good and their little legs won't allow that to happen, also all the blocks come to nothing. Half time which means more"

Durdor Guzzlerum: "FOOD!! I'll be back"

Grubella: "Dirty, Greedy and Nasty Focker are all back onto their feet so strangely for flings they have a whole team out there"

Frank Monotone: "The midgets food does allow them to get off a to quick start again allowing Clumsy Focker to catch the kick off. The Tree form a cage on the left of the Tide and The Tide move in to create pressure"

Durdor Guzzlerum: *Empty seat*

Frank Monotone: "That is one good cook because Huge Focker has caught HMTBYL distracted and removed his head from its normal place. At least that is one less annoying name to remember. Jack has an attempt to blitz a corner on the cage but is knocked down but the weight of the midgets. Meanwhile there is an epic fight with Giant Focker and Huge Focker and the entire of the Tides team. No one is really winning this one but the tree are falling but unlike normal trees they are getting back up"

Durdor Guzzlerum: *reaches seat holding the biggest bowl of food ever seen* "REF! That was hardly a foul I mean he is only 3 foot high"

Frank Monotone: "Yes that boot has barely touched the jack and he has blitzed back into the cage. Norrington has knocked out the Nasty Focker who was acting as the receiver. Ninja has attempted to foul a tree but the ref seems to think that is only fair. Greedy Focker is a better fouler it seems and when Jack has gone to ground again he is knocked out by a clever two footed jump to his throat."

Durdor Guzzlerum: *Start choking on something* "ERAGHGH"

Frank Monotone: "Whilst Durdor dies over here the Fockers are making a play with Zara at the lead, she has knocked over Norrington allowing Clumsy to run through but in his haste falls over his own feet. Norrington takes the chance pushing Zara away and collects the ball while the rest of the Tide flow back towards him"

Durdor Guzzlerum: *Falls off his chair and a bone pops out of his mouth* "I... I... I... need more... food!"

Frank Monotone: "Zara isn't giving up but can't get the ball back off Norrington allowing him to dodge away and knock Unlucky out in the process. The rest of the Tide have the ball pretty much covered and a last ditch attempt by Huge Focker see him fall over"

Durdor Guzzlerum: *Now stuffing his face again* "Norrington has ball away, game over, more important eating to do"

Frank Monotone: "Yes it is now over as a contest but Blackbeard has knocked out Clumsy while the Kraken has partly digested Dirty Focker. Ninja has got bored of Huge Focker's heroics and has managed to knock out the lump off wood with help of a few helpers while Lucky Focker's foul on Davy has got him sent off for nothing. With Pintels death on the mind the Tide also all gather around Deeproot but he is only stunned. So with that the Tide start the season off with a well needed win but not without a fight. I have been Frank Monotone but remember if you want your arse to smell like a marsh, drink Gargleblast, it, GAH"

Durdor Guzzlerum: "IS ALL MINE!" *runs off with a crate*

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  10. Squall

Squall Member

Country Flag:
    Frank Monotone: "Welcome sports fans, this is Frank Monotone and"

Barry Monotone: "I am Barry Monotone, this is the weekly match broadcast for 4D following"

Frank Monotone *minor scuffle*: "'On Pestilent Tides'. This is week 2 of the OCC and the Tide face up against 'Bear Hunters Returned '. As you may have noticed this"

Barry Monotone: "is the guest speaker, former human catcher for the Touchdown Kings but also Franks twin brother"

Frank Monotone: "Indeed... Well on with the match and the coin is in the air with the Tide choosing correctly and choosing to get the first punch in"

Evil Squall: "Oi Kraken Elenrina called your mother a squid"

Barry Monotone: "Ha excellent tactics to rile up the Kraken there, it has smashed her jaw and won't be playing for a few match!

Frank Monotone: "Gibbs has Knocked Nelly out with a decent right hook while Ninja has planted a good foot into Tinulond's face for another knock out blow"

Barry Monotone: "Meanwhile it seems Norrington has picked up the ball and is moving towards the centre field"

Frank Monotone: "Britney can't remove socks from the field but Beyonce attempting to get around the Tidal wall has been tripped and lost consciousness"

Barry Monotone: "The Tide rumble easily into the Hunters half with Will turner smashing Marlins knee into splinters in the process although the apothecary seems to have mostly fixed that with only a fractured leg remaining."

Frank Monotone: "Britney is picking off rotters away from the main Tide cage knocking out Ninja and smashing socks knee and breaking his jaw. Picking on rotters seems to have stopped the Tides fouling for now"

Barry Monotone: "From nowhere the Hunters have made an attempt on the ball but Norrington shrugs off the attempt from Alizee, Britney is the next to get up and personal with Norrington but to no avail"

Frank Monotone: "Alizee has just about managed to get up from the last attempt at the ball but after a leap next to Norrington he just hands her off and runs the ball in without breaking a sweat"

Grubella: "Beyonce has got up from her little nap but the rest of the elves are still avoiding the pitch"

Frank Monotone: "The Tide have set up well enough that the 1 turner won't be attempted so instead the Hunters have attempted to put Jack sparrow into the crowd. Sadly for them he is too ugly to push"

Grubella: "No more of the Elves have bothered to get up for this half either"

Barry Monotone: "Britney has continued her affective day by knocking out Davy Jones but in an attempt to get the Kraken off the field Stirling has got sent off"

Frank Monotone: "The Elves are making the movement of the ball seem too easy and after a few turns of pushing and shoving the ball has been handed off to Robyn to score"

Grubella: "It seems the game is now truly on with all of the knocked out players getting to their feet"

Barry Monotone: "That's a good deep kick from the Hunters and Norrington is forced to go long to collect it. meanwhile Marty has kicked out at Perry but it only gets him sent off by the beady eyed ref"

Frank Monotone: "The slow Tide are now being swamped by the elves in an attempt to get at the ball but some how after a little pushing the Tide have got the ball mostly safe from attack."

Evil Squall: "OI KRAKEN Tinulond called your dad squid faced and herring brained shrimp!"

Barry Monotone: "The Kraken now enraged has managed to knock poor Tinulond out the game. Big play happening now, Robyn is attempting to get the ball off Norrington but slips over his own feet just in front of him"

Frank Monotone: "Norrington is wasting no time and makes a sprint into the elves half leaving everyone behind. Madonna attempts to follow but is knocked to the ground and ninja stamps on her head, hurting her badly but the ref notices and he gets his marching orders"

Barry Monotone: "Nelly finishes the game badly by punching himself in the face so Norrington just jogs the final yards to give the Tide the 2-1 victory"

Frank Monotone: "And there we have it another unlikely victory for the near unstoppable Tide, I have been Frank Monotone"

Barry Monotone: "And I have been Barry Monotone, but remember if you like randomly coloured sludge dripping out your ears"

Frank Monotone: "Drink Gargleblast, it will be the last thing you remember... ever"

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  11. Squall

Squall Member

Country Flag:
    Not had any time to keep this going really. Will attempt just to write a little now and again though.

So I end season 22 with the record of 8-1-0! Nurgle Warriors are nearly all level 3 with a couple on the verge of level 4 (guard and SF needed still). Pestigors are doing ok but only Norrington is near fully leveled (73/76). I have my ag 4, wrackle, fast blocker and killer (not too far off claw). 2 DP rotters and 1 wrestle rotter with 500k~ gold. Beast is not guard SF grab so really hoping for a double his next level (39/51 though)

Teir 3 will be just me attempting not to be demoted I think but I said that this season....

The Tide flow onwards!

12. Barmution

Barmution Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    Great going, Squall! Keeping up the heat for papa Nurgle :D

13. Squall

Squall Member

Country Flag:
    So 1-0 the The Tide last night. First half I got past the Khemri bulk without issue but scored on turn 6 fearing I had too many players in contact. A riot made the Khemri only have a 2 turn chance which he hadn't set-up for. 2nd Half I stood off for a while sort of pushing him to the side lines. The punching match didn't really do very much with his team getting most regens and mine getting only rotters really hurt. Norrington dived into 2 tz (3+) and surfed his ball carrier turn 15 and the ball was thrown out of range for the Khemri to Score. Davy attempted to reach the ball but failed the gfi to do so.

Happy with the win and Norrington picked up Sure hands (Fear of the stripball is great)

14. HC Vanselow

HC Vanselow Member

Country Flag:
    Keep up the Nurgle news, it's the first thing I check for on Team Reports.

15. Squall

Squall Member

Country Flag:
    1-0 For the tide in a match where ball bounces wizard rolling a 1 meant a seemingly comfortable win was a hard battle. Fouled out a mino early doors and also took out two blockers which gave me the man power to walk in the first td..... if I hadn't let a 3+ 4+ dodge for a Bull centaur muck that up after a failed+3 assist with dp foul :S. 2nd half he has a cage on the side but my wizard got a one so I had to get the ball off him the hard way. Once I had it Norrington walked it up the pitch.

I now have 3 NW within 1/2/3 spp to levelling and jack picked up the mvp so I am 7 spp from my first claw!

16. crimsonsun

crimsonsun Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    crimsonsun
    Country Flag:
    What happened in your Nurgle v Nurgle clash, I seriously was not expecting you to lose that one and I checked your squad, not seeing any lasting damage meaning it was a badly hurt feast or something else went down?

crimsonsun

17. Squall

Squall Member

Country Flag:
    Yeah 4 regens worked for + plus a fair few ko's and Norrington missing most of the game made it close. I got the ball down but he just about managed to get it over the line. On the other hand I failed 2+/3+'s all over the place meaning a near TD = a stunned player pest instead.

Was close but I killed a mb claw block pest with no damage myself. Will have to just be happy with that.

18. crimsonsun

Cyanide Username:
    crimsonsun
    Country Flag:
    Fair enough mate, any culling of that squad is a positive thing simply as at the start of the Season it looked like he was building every warrior & pest in the same fashion... CLAWPOMB....

I take on Mr Davo's Chaos Dwarfs tomorrow so wish me luck, I lost another Guard last night during my obliteration of the other Chaos Dwarf side so its not going to be easy... 430 Inducements... what would you take?

19. Squall

Squall Member

Country Flag:
    Not sure what anyone can really do to his super squad heh. Bribe and a wizard seem useful how many player do you have?

20. crimsonsun

Cyanide Username:
    crimsonsun
    Country Flag:
    I have 14, but am down 6-1 on guards, he has 5 claw, four of which have Mighty blow and 1 PO one of which is the av9 Mino. Add in the ag4 Ma7 Block Guard Bull, a Ag4 block hob, a Strength 4 block hob. Oh and the other bull is block, break tackle, guard, mighty block, Frenzy..

While I boast 3 rookie Tomb Guardians that refuse to level no matter how many 3die blocks I throw with them, 3 rookie skeletons, plus 2 level 2 skeletons. Then my one remaining Guardian, and my ag3 throw ra and my 3 superstars.....

I am not hugely hopeful.