1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OCC - The Last Laughs

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by LoopH0LE, Jun 17, 2013.

1. LoopH0LE

LoopH0LE Member

Country Flag:
    I figure I should bring over what I've been writing at Orca Cola. Been having a lot of fun with an Undead team - loving the carnage; loving the theme. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  2. LoopH0LE

LoopH0LE Member

Country Flag:
    The Last Laughs’ opened against Gremzilla’s Cast from Inception.

Things got hairy fast as a failed pick-up left the ball exposed to some leaping Wardancers. The Cast pressed forward in full force, but bad dice left both teams falling over themselves for the ball. The Laughs took the opportunity of the squabble to hurt and KO off a couple cast members, and finally scooped up the ball. They regrouped by the mid-field, forming a make-shift cage by Wight Knock-knock. Turns out the answer to “who’s there?” was Joseph Gordon-Levitt, because he was the one doing the knocking, and Knock-knock was the one doing the dying. This took the wind right out of the Laughs’ sails, as their drive stalled mid-field to grieve over this sudden loss.

The Cast stepped on the field with six players to the Laughs’ ten, but were still able to pull off a pretty two-turn touchdown with some Woodie magic. Back on the receiving end, Rubber Chicken got it right by pick the ball right up and getting behind his teammates. Bahaha decided to get revenge for Knock-knock, and killed Michael Caine, who was able to transfer teams and still be considered a “supporting role.” Wanting to go for a win, Chicken scored with a few turns left to spare.

*Cue dramatic movie climax as the Cast make another end zone to end zone touchdown despite the Laughs’ best efforts*

The Laughs were not satisfied with the match, and decided to make a punch line of their own. Most of the team gathered around Ken Watanabe and fouled him down too many layers of dreams, and out of existence. The Undead funnymen had a baptism in blood, and will be looking for a baptism of win next stand-up session.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
  3. LoopH0LE

LoopH0LE Member

Country Flag:
    The Last Laughs took on Humppd123’s Massive Bereavement for MD2. The Laughs picked up a couple batches of babes, and believe me, I've never seen the post-living so lively. They never even got KO-ed in the first place!

Despite not having a bench, the Laughs were thirsty for some Elf blood, and went for the foul. Michael Caine got a slap on the wrist for even thinking of fouling a High Elf, even though the stinking Lineman was only a little dazed. After that it was all about the cage, cage, cage! Slapstick showed how it was done by smashing an Elf out of the way, and Rubber Chicken brought in the ball for the opening touchdown at the last possible moment. (Chicken received Block after the match to keep him off the ground). A pitch invasion ruined Bereavement’s chance to do anything, and an Elf Blitzer even followed suit and hit himself down (but not out).

After that it was easy to predict the 2-1 grind. Despite throwing two huge rocks into the pitch, the crowd didn’t do any damage, which showed how the armor was going to hold out for the rest of the match. Snake in a Can brought in the winner (even though he had to go for it), and the Laughs celebrated with a collective boot to an Elf’s head. It resulted in yet another stun, of course. Freaking Elves.

[​IMG]

4. LoopH0LE

LoopH0LE Member

Country Flag:
    Hoo boy. This match.

So, starting again after our first match disconnected at turn 15/16. The Last Laughs took on Coldy’s Asurs for MD3.

After some opening dances, Asurs set up a loose cage with the potential to drive into our half. I pushed some players around to open up a crack, and Laugh Track dodged through to blitz, knock the ball loose, and even went for it twice to secure the ball. The battle was far from over, however, but some harmless blitzes from Asurs let Laugh Track make his way down field. Asurs did manage to put Michael Caine out for the next game, and surround Laugh Track really close to the end zone. I saw a way for Track to blitz himself out by moving a Mummy over to get rid of some tackle zones. But I rolled a block against the wrong Elf because I didn’t think it through enough, keeping the Mummy marked and Track trapped.

Second half the Laughs went back to their usual game plan and caged up the field. Slapstick got in his third injury overall, giving him guard after the match. It was even a kill, but was quickly apo-ed away. Everything seemed hunky-dorey until it came to scoring, when Asurs put on the pressure in exactly the right way. The only thing left for me to do was to have Laugh Track 2d blitz, followed by a 3+ dodge to score and win. Without a reroll. Needless to say, he fell on his ass feet before the end zone. There was some solace as the Asurs tried but failed to move the ball back down the field, but the lack of TDs and the lack of blood sent the Laughs back to the locker room laughless.

I was kicking myself for this match for a long time afterwards, since I flubbed two chances to score, and lost the opportunity to level up a Wight. Didn’t even have Nuffle to blame for it.

[​IMG]

5. LoopH0LE

LoopH0LE Member

Country Flag:
    The Last Laughs came up against ajst’s fear-inducing Lizards (Be Afraid Very Afraid) for MD4.

Afraid received under intense heat, and failed their first pick-up. They made up for it by hurting off Chuckle the Zombie (he got better), but the Laughs were able to pressure the Lizards by sticking to the right ones and threatening to go after the ball. Afraid quickly scooped up the ball again, but left the ball carrier open to a blitz by one corner (even more open when a Skink failed a dodge). The Laughs marked up the right people, Rubber Chicken blitzed in (paused to reconsider the result) and blocked the ball loose. Of course the ball was caught by the next Skink over. Afraid’s Krox insisted on knocking himself down, however, allowing the ball carrier to promptly get hit again.

The Laughs shoved the Lizards aside and Chicken got his fingers on the ball. With the Sauruses tied up in the middle, the Skinks tried their darndest to take down Chicken, but proved time and again how bad they were at dodging. Chicken and a small contingent of Laughs made it downfield, allowing for a reroll-less hand-off to Side Splitter, who brought in the first touchdown.

Halftime claimed Slapstick the Mummy to heat exhaustion, but the Laughs still had a full eleven to Afraid’s ten. Up a touchdown, the Laughs safely and slowly made their way down the pitch, giving Side Splitter his second touchdown. (After the match he seemed to be jokingly punching his teammates more mightily, which everyone agreed fit his name well).

Afraid wasn’t just going to go away though. After a handful of dodges and go-for-its (with just a hint of side-cage), they prevented the bagel by sneaking in a touchdown. The Laughs nonchalantly set up to give the ghouls a chance for some more SPP. Banana Peel couldn’t get his fingers on the pass, and suddenly everyone on the front line realized with dismay that they hadn’t beat anyone up yet. The Lizards pounced on the chance, and, after knocking Slapstick to the ground, foul-smashed his hand. He’ll be sitting out next game, and is giving me the dirty eye for making him miss out on so many opportunities to spill some blood.

On a side note, I had also bet against the Laughs in the bookieman competition (since I generally don't do well against Lizards), which of course meant that I had to choose between advancing in that and leveling up a Wight. I went with the sure skill since I couldn't guarantee how the competition would end up, as fun as it was. Just goes to show there's nothing like betting against yourself to get you a win.

[​IMG]

6. LoopH0LE

LoopH0LE Member

Country Flag:
    After all the delays (Orca-Cola had a virus scare + Cyanide server down), the The Last Laughs were itching to take on their brothers in death, Werewolvehampton Wanderer.

Snake in a Can snapped over to the ball, and jogged down to hide behind the front line. The Wanderers sent out a few zombies and their Flesh Golems to “stick to ‘em and slow ‘em down.” Laugh Track sized up Franky, the Mighty Blow FG, and sent him to the infirmary with a bad case of failed regen. (Steiner even tried to follow by knocking himself down!). And with that, the Laughs had finally spilled some blood after weeks of hiatus. The scent of it delighted the Laughs, and they set about spilling more. Three zombies bit the dust in quick succession, but showed Franky how regen is done.

Snake took off into the Necro’s half, was quickly beset upon by the more mobile Wanderers, but was able to dodge out and stretch to get to the end line. He wasn’t able to keep it up though, and failed to dodge away, dropping the ball in the end zone. Laugh Track blitzed away a marking Wanderer, and joined the ball in the end zone, putting up the Laughs up 1-0 with time still to spare in the first half.

The Wanderer’s insistence of knocking themselves down continued as the Loner Zombie sent himself off with a Damaged Back and knocked out Michael Caine. After a quick breather, the Wanderers had a chance to get back in the game with two players down. Caine came back for one last hurrah but Amy Winehouse sent them both down again, except a tad more deadly. Caine died his second death after bringing the pain to three Wanderers in one match. An auspicious career for a Line-elf turned Skeleton, to be sure.

The attention now shifted back to the ball, which had landed close to the LoS, and was now unguarded. The Laughs congregated around it, and when Rover the Werewolf couldn’t get his claws on it, Banana Peel was able to snag it and run back to the Laughs’ main force. Laugh Track was thirsty for another touchdown, so Peel passed off to him. Unfortunately, Rover was still tracking the ball, and KO-ed Track. Peel revenge KO-ed Rover out, and Side Splitter picked up the slack and headed down field, marking a Quazil the Ghoul. Rubber Chicken blitzed down to clear him, but Nuffle was still in a mood, and Chicken was soon in the KO box. It turned out not to be a big deal since Steiner quickly stunned himself. Side Splitter had had enough, and blitzed himself free. He was so enraged that it wasn’t until he was downfield that he noticed the stunned silence of the crowd. Looking back, he noticed the limp body of Quazil, whose side had been very much split. The Laughs seem to have a tradition of exchanging a life for a life, and I can’t tell if it’s some sort of joke about their own mortality. Maybe I’ll get it when I’m dead.

After Splitter brought in the ball for 2-0, there were four Wanderers left facing a full eleven Laughs. This picture kind of sums up the game.

[​IMG]

They huddled together on the LoS, but couldn’t get away from their habit of knocking themselves down. Splitter eyed the ball, completely open, and went for it. It really shows the way our luck was going when he had to go for it four times in two turns and pick up the ball to score – we didn’t even have to use our last reroll.

[​IMG]

7. LoopH0LE

LoopH0LE Member

Country Flag:
    The Last Laughs (3-1-1) took on Palandiell’s Orcs (1-2-2) aka “Snail Goes Home.”

We kicked off quite early in the morning this round. The Laughs were groggier than dead folk usually are, because the Orcs pulled a fast one and rearranged after the kick-off. This left the two Mummies and Side Splitter in the middle with just one Loner Orc, Sorlor, to toy with. Splitter played a little too hard with him though, and Sorlor woke up on the other side. Literally. Snake in a Can grabbed the ball and ran into the mass of Laughs.

The Snails clumped forward and stunned Funny Bones, but Punchline showed how much more potent a good joke can be by smashing a Black Orc’s collarbone. The apo decided that kind of defeated the purpose of a Black Orc, so he patched him up. What comes around goes around though, and Bahaha the Zombie was sent to his grave for good. It’s becoming very eerie that the Laughs always offer a life whenever they take one. Maybe they should’ve been alchemists…

The Orcs also ganged up on Slapstick and brought him down, meaning my cage was going to be stalled for a turn. Splitter dug his heels in and hurt off an unskilled LineOrc while the Laughs knocked a few other Snails down. It appeared the bash war was going to continue after Chuckle the Zombie was KOed, but Raknee burned the Orcs’ last reroll changing a skull to a skull. With a lot of the Orcs still on the ground, I signaled for the team to push forward. They formed a makeshift cage with one side fairly open, and marked up the appropriate Orcs.

Of course this meant that the marked Orc dodged away to 1D blitz Snake and pow him down. The ball landed by plenty of Laughs though, so they felt comfortable hitting away the Snails from the ball. The Orcs tried to hit back, but that just left a Blitzer next to Side Splitter. Splitter eyed him up and down, and claimed his second life that game. He’s becoming quite adept at that whole “splitting” thing, and has taken the most lives in the tier at this point.

That hit Palandiell hard, and as a coach with a busy schedule he didn’t want to waste his time with a bunch of paper Orcs. He graciously offered to let Snake get his touchdown though. Splitter wasn’t done, however, and sent the Block Thrower to the infirmary for good measure. Snake needed a reroll to get his hands on the blood-soaked ball, but brought it in just as Palandiell threw in the towel.

The MVPs went to Tee-hee the Zombie, and Banana Peel the Ghoul. Laugh Track is still dying for a level up at 5 SPPs -- probably would’ve thrown a pass had the game gone on. Oh well. Perhaps it's better that the match ended before the second kill caught up with us.

With the win the Laughs move into third place! Next week we'll be taking on the first placed Chaos Dwarves. Every time before I've faced Chorfs it's been an unpleasant experience, but the Laughs and I are really grooving right now, so here's hoping we'll have the Last Laugh!

[​IMG]

8. LoopH0LE

LoopH0LE Member

Country Flag:
    It was with a bit of trepidation that The Last Laughs took on the Brethren of Belial. Knowing that with two budding killer players the Brethren would be looking for a brawl, The Laughs chose to receive to get the first punch in. This didn’t go quite as planned as the Brethren blitzed in after their ball.
    The Laughs kept their composure though – Snake in a Can secured the ball, and some of the gang tied up the encroaching Bull Centaurs. The action shifted back to the midline, where the Laughs held their ground for a bit and traded blows with the Brethren. A couple stuns opened a promising hole, and the Laughs pushed forward.

The Brethren retaliated by ganging up on Slapstick and getting him down. Side Splitter KO-ed a Hobgoblin, and Snake dodged away to join Splitter for protection. The Dwarves started coming around the other flank to try to pressure the score, but the rest of the team ran interference, KO-ing two more Hobgoblins in the process. But it was Rubber Chicken who finally sunk his claws into a Chaos Dwarf Blocker, hurting him. He spent quite some time on the ground, twitching, before Zgagor finally called out the Apothecary. It seemed both teams were a little disappointed that that was the only blood shed so far, and it was quickly being returned to the body. Snake ran in the touchdown, and both teams regrouped.

The Brethren sent out a Bull with the clear intention of equalizing, and he blitzed down Slapstick in the back field. The Laughs squashed those hopes by downing the Bull, making it impossible to score, even when he stood back up.

The half time marching band only woke one Hobgoblin up, making it 10 Brethren to 11 Laughs. The crowd also rioted down the clock a little. After some pick-up difficulties, a Hobgoblin made his way down behind a wall of Brethren. Seeing an opening, Snake made a risky blitz and managed to get the Gobbo down, but KO-ed himself in the process. At that point, the wizard had gotten too much pent up from the lack of blood flow, and blew his fireball over the Dwarves near the ball. The Dwarves brushed it off, got up, and carried on like nothing had happened.

The Brethren noticed that the Laugh’s safety had already come in, and that they were also concentrated on the right. So, re-securing the ball, a lone Hobgoblin switched over to the left while the rest of the Brethren tied up the Laughs. Things got worse when a blocker’s Claw/Mighty Blow kicked in and felled Slapstick. Luckily it was only a minor wound, or I’m sure I wouldn’t hear the end of it for letting him get hurt twice overall now! Banana Peel tried to get away to track down the Hobgoblin, but a bad case of snake eyes kicked in and kicked him down. “Greatfoot” brought in the touchdown, evening at 1-1.

This gave the Laughs a very narrow window to score, which wasn’t helped by the once again full roster of Brethren. They did chip in by kicking the ball clear off the field though. So Laugh Track, still stuck at 5 SPP, got the ball and pushed forward, joined by Side Splitter. With all the Ghouls in the backfield, our only hope now was to not get knocked down… which promptly happened, and the ball landed in a Hobgoblin’s hands. Splitter realized he hasn’t caused any damage all match, and resolved to fix this. Needless to say, the nearby Dirty Player Hobgoblin was given a pinched nerve seconds before the last whistle. The commentators were so bemused by this that they awarded the MVPs to Splitter and the scapegoat of a Hobgoblin. Splitter suddenly found himself with another skill, and, eyeing the last match against Goblins, has learned how to Tackle the more slippery players…

[​IMG]

Yeah, as well as I did in the first half, I really flubbed the second half with the wizard and bringing in my safety. Credit to Zgagor for a great game though, and I'm glad we made it out unscathed!

9. LoopH0LE

LoopH0LE Member

Country Flag:
    The Laughs took on their brothers-in-death, XanderV’s Zombies from Hell. Both tied at second place behind the Brethren, this game would determine which of them would have a shot at dethroning the big-hatted little buggers. Before the game, both teams had picked up another Ghoul (2 for the Zombies, 4 for the Laughs). The team welcomed Whoopee Cushion to the team, as well as Chortle the Zombie.

The Laughs received and gave the ball to the yet unleveled Laugh Track, determined to finally push him over the 6SPP hurdle. They got a few stuns to open the match and had expected to have to grind more, but took this window to press forward early. The Zombies swarmed the cage, and a scrum ensued. Side Splitter split a Zombies Zombie knee (which was quickly regen-ed), but that still left Laugh Track exposed. Archbishop Lazarus the Werewolf showed the Laughs how it’s done by giving Track a Serious Concussion. The studio audience was completely silent as the regen failed.

The ball bounced back across the midfield line, landing in the Laughs’ half. Attention shifted back there, as both coaches noticed The Butcher the Flesh Golem was still tying up Slapstick by absorbing all his pushes. Both teams scrambled to collect the ball, but it was the Zombies who came out on top. Funny Bones got his funny bone fractured (another player stuck at 5SPP), and the Zombies’ Lazarus recovered the ball, sprinting away to hang out in the end field. In the mean time, Splitter AND Punchline took a quick nap in the KO box. Luckily, they both woke up after Lazarus celebrated his touchdown with a victory howl.

The Zombies weren’t done though, and, after quick snapping down the kick-off, executed a quick cage down to make the score 2-0. The Laughs tried to regroup to try to prevent the bagel and maybe cause some damage. But, Slapstick was very muddled by how the game had gone, and tried to dodge away, possibly confusing himself with the Ghouls of the team. The rest of the time went out with a whimper, and the Laughs left the pitch dazed and battered.

The team rallied their spirits to give Laugh Track one heck of a send-off – pies were thrown, jokes were cracked, and Track left with what would’ve been the biggest grin, if he wasn’t already perpetually grinning. Track will pursue his true love, providing laughter at regular intervals regardless of what the stars of sitcoms had said. The team brushed themselves off, knowing they had lost a shot at the division title, and looked forward to one last romp through Goblins to end the season. Splitter has also picked up a more appropriately named partner-in-crime, as Rib Tickler looks to make his way into people’s hearts. Literally.

[​IMG]

10. LoopH0LE

LoopH0LE Member

Country Flag:
    Here's the roster for the Dirty Clowns. Right now there's a 320 difference between us, so I'll probably release Sorlor the Skelly to skim it down under 300.
    It's awesome that the lv. 2 Pogoer and Looney are out, although the Blitzer Troll and the MB Fanatic will be something to watch out for. Looks like there will be blood for the blood god, regardless of which of the teams it comes from.

[​IMG]

11. Blasscend

Blasscend Member

Cyanide Username:
    Blassc_end
    Country Flag:
    Your pretty lucky that his funds are very limited, as he´d probably have sacked the pogo before the game and have a new one, maybe also the looney but I´d be tempted to keep that MVP´d one as if he gains spp he gets more useful! I can´t even imagine what a blessing a double would be, imagine a DP looney, +4 on armor rolls on fouls? Heck yeah!

Also, I think barring horrible stuff you should completely and utterly crush the remains of this team ;)

12. Fallowheart

Fallowheart Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    double on a looney? Multiple Block!

*edit* AWWWW... doesn't work with chainsaw, only stab. BOOO!!!

yeah, dirty player.

13. Blasscend

Blasscend Member

Cyanide Username:
    Blassc_end
    Country Flag:
    Yeh, I had already checked that out earlier. So sad, really. 2 chainsawing guys...one can dream!

14. LoopH0LE

LoopH0LE Member

Country Flag:
    The Laughs were faced with a game against a most peculiar opponent – The Dirty Clowns. They knew they were in for a roller coaster of a match, and took to the pitch in high spirits. A match between Clowns and Laughs was just what everyone needed to end the season.

Punchline really warmed the crowd up by KO-ing Derp the Troll on the first block. Things got a little hairy when Snake in a Can had trouble securing the ball, inviting the Goblins to press forward and even try to foul Side Splitter out of the game! Splitter was delighted at the attempt on his life, and responded by killing one of the poor things. Tee-hee shared in the mirth by sticking a boot in on Idjeet, the mobile Troll, killing him! It would’ve been the second death in a row if it hadn’t been for that pesky Goblin apothecary… The ref thought enough was enough and ejected Tee-hee from the game.

Now without their bigger teammates on the field, the Gobbos picked up the slack and knocked the ball out of Snake’s hands. Rib Tickler, the new Wight also felt his first sting of battle as he was gang-fouled, but it luckily only resulted in a stun. Rubber Chicken retrieved the ball as the Gobbos tried again and got Tickler to stay in the KO box. They then came for Chicken, knocking the ball out yet again and catching it this time. A failed pickup made it quite the nail-biter, but eventually Snake in a Can sprung forward to finish what he started, scoring on the last turn.

The wee bit of time before half-time saw Ni the MB fanatic take himself and Chuckle the Zombie down, but Chuckle only got KO-ed, while Ni’s leg took the brunt of the ball-and-chain. The gasps from the crowd woke up Rib Tickler, and, unfortunately, Derp. The Gobbos entered the second half down their secret weapons, but with both of their Big Guys back.

What followed was a very strange series of events. The Clowns systematically removed Laughs one by one from the pitch (and very gracefully only in the KO box). It was with a little bewilderment that the Laughs looked around and found that there were only six of them left on the pitch, but that only made Tickler dig his heels in a spill his first blood, spilling the ball loose as well.

The Clowns still ended up with the ball, and Idjeet chucked a Goblin into an empty half. Had the Gobbo landed alright, it would’ve meant a tie, but, as it was the little guy’s head was planted in the ground for a good couple of turns. Snake was in a position to go get the ball, but, knowing how well the Ghouls had been handling the ball, the Laughs decided to let the round of pummeling go first. This ended when Slapstick sent himself down against overwhelming odds. Snake soon got another chance to secure the ball when the Gobbos couldn’t, but… He still couldn’t get a grip on it. Of course, Tickler showed him up by nonchalantly catching the wayward ball. There wasn’t enough time to do anything with it, but it secured the win for the Laughs and they tied for third-place finish overall.

Overall, the Laughs bagged the Bounty Hunter award! Side Splitter also took home the honor of being the deadliest guy in the tier, sending four players to their graves. In fact, the team managed to be the killingest team with five kills! (six if you include the death-by-foul handed out from the first game). The Laughs will be taking the weeks off to practice their routine, and hope their opening act of the next season will push their players on the brink of leveling up over the limit! Or get them killed. Either way it’s sure to be a good laugh.

[​IMG]

15. LoopH0LE

LoopH0LE Member

Country Flag:
    Match progression for the Laughs:
    (I'm currently at 50 win% over 171 games)

MD1) Raising Jotuns; Chaos -- 1240 TV (A-r-c-h-o-n; 59 win% over 502 games)
    Currently at 9 players with 260k in the bank, so that may change. Has a Beastman disguised as a CW (+ST, Block), as well as three jump up players.

MD2) The BeastS Orc; -- 1530 TV (christ0403; 45 win% over 965)
    A scary looking team with a lot of Block and MB, and 490k in the bank to get them through the Ogres their first match. Going to have to be smart and safe with this one.

MD3) Nightmarchers; Skaven -- 1180 TV (Alouatta; 44 win% over 300)
    A break after the welcoming grinder. Has a Guard RO, and a 1-turner GR. Only 1 SV at the moment, but that could change by the time we meet, even though his bank is a little dry.

MD4) Grim Squeakers!; Skaven -- 1380 TV (froibo; 55 win% over 135)
    Skaven back-to-back! The Squeakers have a deeper bench, fuller bank, and no RO. Fairly rounded team as well.

MD5) Heart of Darkness; Dark Elf -- 1640 TV (Melnibone; 63 win% over 531)
    A team with solid level ups on all of the positionals that should plenty tricky by the time we meet.

MD6) The Gors of Zuvassin; Chaos -- 1270 TV (FlyscarrFace; 58 win% over 168)
    The Warriors have taken up the killer role with two MB CW, and one ST5 CW. A couple Beastman do also care about the ball, so it'll be interesting to see what's still there when we play them.

MD7) Ogre University; Ogre -- 1640 TV (Anraka; 37 win% over 424)
    Pretty fascinating team here: Guard/Block Ogre; +MV Ogre; +AV Ogre (coward! Also lucky no-one has Claw). Also currently only 5 Ogres despite having enough bank to get the sixth one. Full roster of Snots instead, including plenty of stat ups. Who knows what it'll look like by the time we see them though (I have a feeling there'll be a lot of "drop-outs").

MD8) Cold Filtered Killers; Norse -- 1300 TV (Shirewire; 54 win% over 24)
    A somewhat battered Norse team, but an interesting one. +AV -MV Ulf, ST4 Lineman, and... two Throwers?!

MD9) Mortarions Guard; Nurgle -- 2080 TV (Tazdevilal; 42 win% over 423)
    Saving the highest TV team for last, I haven't had many encounters with Nurgle, but they've all been unpleasant. He currently has 4 level 4 players and plenty others on the brink.

16. LoopH0LE

LoopH0LE Member

Country Flag:
    Roster of Raising Jotuns for our MD1:

[​IMG]

Yeah, I'll be interested to see how that 3 Jump Up works for him -- we'll have to be careful about marking them. I'm also curious whether he'll keep the 9 man roster or not. It doesn't seem like he's saving up for a Mino, and having Loners would eat into any inducements he would get against me. I have a feeling this season will be when I start losing Ghouls, so we'll have to be careful.

17. LoopH0LE

LoopH0LE Member

Country Flag:
    The Laughs took on A-r-c-h-o-n's Raising Jotuns for the first match of the season. I woke up today to be greeted by a much fuller roster, including a Minotaur!

An 11-man Chaos team against a 13-man Undead team still gave me hopes to get a number advantage, so I decided to receive first. Snake in a Can got the ball and got caged up so that we could get some protection on the AG4. Splitter warmed up by KO-ing a Beastman, and Fenris the Minotaur BH Tee-hee the Zombie, which he shrugged off. The Laughs' cage quickly became a scrum in the middle of the field as Fenris inched his way over to Snake. The pressure was on for everyone, and Farbauti even offed himself! The doc said he could save him by giving him a limp, but Archon decided that defeated the purpose of a Jump Up Beastman. Chortle the Zombie chortled as Splitter congratulated him on the first kill of the season.

Snake dodged away from the towering Minotaur, feeling very lucky he hadn't sprouted Tentacles yet, and hid between the Mummies. The Jotuns clumped up around the small group, and threw an ineffective punch at Snake. The Laughs remade a weak cage, but that was quickly broken. Snake took off with protection from Splitter, but, as Rubber Chicken tried to join them, he failed his dodge, leaving Snake very open. I kicked myself for not tucking Snake in better behind Splitter. Amazingly enough Snake survived yet another blitz, now teetering on the sideline. Slapstick then had to go for it so that Snake had the necessary manpower to blitz himself free, and then dodge and go for it to score.

This left the Jotuns with a couple turns in the half. I set up clumped up near the back, expecting him to just beat up my guys, but he took advantage of a high kick turned touchback to score with the time remaining (Rib Tickler failed to dodge away to get in a 1-d chance to surf the ST4 Beastman ball carrier).

Now receiving, the Jotuns left a couple Beastmen to deal with the ball, and pressed forward heavily. The Laughs came out on top, however, as Chortle hurt off another Beastman. Noticing that the Jotuns had yet to retrieve the ball, the Laughs gathered around Fenris and gave him a solid boot, stunning him. Of course, the Jotuns took this opportunity to get the ball and pass it to a waiting Chaos Warrior. Three Laughs quickly set off after him, and that pressured him into scoring with a handful of turns left.

I knew I wanted to take the chance to level up another Ghoul. This made it all the more nerve-wracking when Rubber Chicken failed the first pick-up. You don't notice how good AG4 is til you slide back to AG3. Things were very hairy since Chicken had to go without stopping down the field, but survive a flurry of punches and dice rolls to score. The game ended in a draw with the MVP going to Punchline, giving him a perfect 16 SPP! I'm tickled to get the three level-ups.

[​IMG]

The dice chance fell out as:
    Archon -- D6: 9.74 2D6: 9.37
    Me -- D6: -7.38 2D6: 3.84

And on block dice he had 45% success while I had 54% success. But it was those few key harmless dice rolls when he got shots at my ball carriers that let us score. I was careless on my defense, and Archon took great advantage of that. We were also very lucky to have not lost anyone. I'm going to chalk this one up as a bit of rust from the time off with the team, and look forward to the rest of the season.

As you can tell I've leaked what I was thinking more into the report, rather than the Laughs doing everything. I do miss the character stuff that happens, so it'll probably go report by report as to what I'm feeling like writing.

18. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Good result all the same Loop and well done on the level ups, wish my undead were doing as well.

19. Tyriok

Tyriok Member

Country Flag:
    Nice one Loop! Keep it up :D

20. LoopH0LE

LoopH0LE Member

Country Flag:
    The Last Laughs took to the field against Christ's The BeastS, armed with a matching pair of Babes. The fans could not get enough of this game, lauding both teams with plenty of second chances over the course of the match.

The Beasts chose to receive, and Splitter kicked the ball relatively close to the mid-field. After marking up the ball, the Beasts were rewarded with a beautiful set of quad skulls, leaving the ball on the ground. Seeing their chance, the Laughs quickly surged forward, shoving the Troll onto the ball. The Beasts became desperate for the ball, burning rerolls trying to get their Troll up, and dodging in and trying to retrieve a heavily marked ball. After a little back-and-forth, the ball finally found its way into Punchline's hands. As you can see, he was quite perplexed by this.

[​IMG]

That didn't last long, unfortunately, as the Troll woke up and 1-D blitzed Punchline down. The squabble over the ball continued, but the Laughs finally found themselves with an unmarked ball. Snake in a Can scooped up the ball, blitzed himself an opening, and ran downfield with Banana Peel in tow. Both Ghouls found themselves quickly marked up, but the Beasts still didn't blitz them, and chose to reroll a push into a block, forcing an Orc to dodge away instead. Another Orc failed to dodge away from Slapstick, meaning he could easily shamble down to the Ghouls to help. This allowed Snake to 1D blitz away from the scrum, dodging to an opening TD, 1-0!

The Babes worked their wonders and the three Zombies that had gotten KO-ed were rejuvenated. Splitter again put the ball near the mid-field, not realizing that we wanted a deep kick for the remainder of the half. Although they got a couple more KO-s, the Beasts just couldn't get anything going with the ball, failing pick-ups and hand-offs alike.

Whoopee Cushion decided to stay sleeping for the second half, but the Laughs still had plenty in reserves to field a full team. Banana Peel was nominated to carry the ball this time, hoping to push the Wrestler over the edge for another skill. The Troll replied by burning another reroll, this time complying with the nudge from his coach, but still remaining too stupid to function. The teams quickly spread out and a wall of scrum was formed, with Peel pacing back and forth behind it, looking for an opening. Tee-Hee the Zombie inflicted the only hurt of the match to earn his first skill, but the Beasts soon gained a numbers advantage through KO-s.

Luckily, most of the Beasts were on the right flank, meaning that Slapstick could blitz down the one the one Blorck on the left flank. Peel took off into the Beasts' half, but was tracked down by a freed Blitzer. The Orc, however, could only shove Peel around since the Orcs were yet again out of rerolls, and Slapstick was able to down him next turn. Peel ran to safety by the end zone, but still had to dodge away because of the persistence of that Blitzer. Peel scored, bringing the Laughs to 2-0!

The Babes did their magic again, and the Laughs fielded a full team for the dying moments of the match. The Orcs were unable to pull off even a consolation pass, and the game ended.

[​IMG]

I'm over the moon to have come out of this game on top. The dice were really in my favor when it counted, but Christ also made some strange risks when he didn't have to, and I think that was his downfall.

Laughs) D6: 9 2D6: 2.9
    Beasts) D6: -19 2D6: 18.38

The armor rolls were also so kind, with no injury whatsoever to our team. Big thanks to Doomy as well for making sure I got the two babes -- we never had to worry about a numbers disadvantage because of it. And, in other news, we've knocked Mr. Jones out of Bookieman! Sorry bud, better luck next time.