Off/On Player looking to be Regular

ToBeWarwolf

Rookie
Steam Username
ToBeDragon
Cyanide Username
ToBeWarwolf
Country Flag
Hey there! I've been a Blood Bowl coach for a while now, since at least 2014, maybe more. I've always been a bit off and on, never really sticking around for many tournaments(just watching not really participating) and mostly playing in either Nagg or MHI or such. More recently I participated in the latest season of the MHI Demobowl as my first real competitive play, and found that I still had fun with the game even if I was a bit out of practice.

So with that said, I want to be more regular and start to hammer down my skills as a coach. I hope that I can at least keep up and make a name for myself. Even if it's as a guy who just shows up now and then to talk or enter a tourney.

TravelScrabble

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
travelscrabble
Cyanide Username
travelscrabble
Country Flag
The best way with BB is not to overdo it really, too easy to burnout if you do. Welcome to the forums, and hope to see you enter some of the local tournaments. There are a couple of shorter more casual ones that happen occasionally but the two big ones are the Munch Cup and Big Crunch 2. Rock Paper Shotgun also used to have a shorter format tournament called Divisions of Death but I'm not sure if that's still going.

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
Welcome friend!

I am running a Munch Cup here and honestly that would be the best way for you to start. We are finishing season 5 and sign up for 6 will be up in a month or so.
Also, there is a Muncher ladder where you can get your team warmed up.
Just search for BBTactics competition in game an you will find us.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

ToBeWarwolf

Rookie
Steam Username
ToBeDragon
Cyanide Username
ToBeWarwolf
Country Flag
Warmed up? You mean I could have a persistent team that can join the competition when signups start?

And thank you for the warning. I'll be sure to try Munch Cup and see how I fare.

TwoScoops

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
MSG Musculo
Cyanide Username
TwoScoops
Country Flag
You mean I could have a persistent team that can join the competition when signups start?
Yes! :) Munch Cup allows teams that have played in "The Muncher" (ladder) and other BB Tactics competitions. As long as the team has only played in one of the BBTactics competitions (or is new) it is eligible for future Munch Cup competitions.

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
Also Big Crunch 2 is starting up with some spots open. Good league to measure yourself, loads of good coaches around.

Last edited:

ToBeWarwolf

Rookie
Steam Username
ToBeDragon
Cyanide Username
ToBeWarwolf
Country Flag
I'll be sure to give both a bash, pun intended. They both sound great and while I know I'm probably gonna get stomped, I'll at least have fun doing it. That isn't to say I'll give up or turn in early, I'll give each match my all, but I know that I'm probably a little lower on the skill chart than others. Still, I'll be sure to give them both a look.

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
With proper offerings, Nuffle will ruin your opponents dice. If you leave a mudpie to your backyard I-ahm mean Nuffle, will fetch it prior to kick-off.

ToBeWarwolf

Rookie
Steam Username
ToBeDragon
Cyanide Username
ToBeWarwolf
Country Flag
Heh. I'll be sure to leave it there. Just uh, mind the Halfling traps. Little buttermouths keep trying to steal my fridge for the goodies inside. Like..the entire thing. It'd be impressive if I didn't keep having to scrape them off the floor.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Sounds like you've found some options already, so I'll just add another welcome to the forums. :)