1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nurgle [OFL] Rise of the Depesticons

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by 20phoenix, Jul 26, 2014.

1. 20phoenix

20phoenix Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    Thanks Ken.

This next one is going to be tough for sure. A quick look at the teams:

Depesticons:

Beast:
    Warrior: Block/Guard/SF/MB/Claw
    Warrior: Block/Guard
    Warrior: Block/Dodge
    Warrior: Block
    Pest: Block/MB/Tackle
    Pest: +AG/Block/-MV
    Pest: Block/MB
    Pest: Block/Dodge
    Rotter: DP
    Rotter: Wrestle
    Rotter:
    Rotter:

and Matts Dark Elves:

Blitzer: Dodge/+MV
    Blitzer: Dodge/Frenzy/+ST/SS
    Blitzer: Dodge/Tackle/SS
    Blitzer: Dodge
    Lino:
    Lino: Block/+ST/Dodge
    Lino: Guard/Block
    Lino: DP
    Lino: Block/Dodge
    Lino: Wrestle/Dodge
    Lino: +AV/+AV/Block
    Runner: Dodge/Block

Any suggestions? :)

2. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    Hit the Av 10 lino with your MB+Claw Warrior!

That's all I have.... :p

3. 20phoenix

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    The Depesticons debut season came to a fairly predictable halt against the Raiders as we really struggled to put elves down and when they did go down they wouldnt stay down. Knowing what Matts would do and stopping him do it were two completely different things. In the end we lost 2-1 but the elves controlled proceedings for the entire game.

The only casualties of the game were from fouls but boy did they hurt. One dead blodge lino in the first half from the heel of the teams DP, Matt Damon and the final one saw the death of the teams star blitzer - the ST4 blodgestep frenzy bar steward. It was after the game was decided but I regret nothing as that team is powergaming heaven for season 1 of an era. That will hopefully slow them down a bit.

Onslaught saw off his final game in Depesticon colours by nabbing the MVP and a skill - depending on the gold roll this could well be the end of the road for Megatron too, the quite frankly useless beast.

4. 20phoenix

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    Didnt realise it had been this long since we had updated......

We are nearing the finale of season 14 with 15 of 16 MDs played and the Depesticons have confirmed their spot in the playoffs once again. We're in the running for one of the top 2 seeds as well so we might avoid some of the messiness of an additional round of playoffs.

The season has gone pretty well - the team record is currently 9-5-1 with our sole loss thanks to some last turn shenanigans v Jounisii (failed a 3+ pickup with RR for a TD on T16 with score at 1-1 - Jou retrieved the ball and slung it down the other end for a winner himself).

Team development has continued apace with no major losses through the season. We did fire a block pest with a niggle mid way through and another pest is -MA but on the whole the squad is in good shape. Speaking of....this is our current state:

Beast: +ST/Guard/Grab/SF/BT
    Warrior: Block/Guard/MB/SF/Claw
    Warrior: Block/+ST
    Warrior: Block/Guard
    Warrior: Block/Dodge/Guard
    Pest: Block/MB/Claw/Tackle/PO
    Pest: Block/MB/Tackle/*SKILLUP PENDING*/-MA
    Pest: Block/Dodge
    Pest: Block/Dodge/Sure Hands/Two Heads
    Rotter: DP
    Rotter: +ST
    Rotter:
    Rotter:

Current TV: 2200 + skillup

A little unsure of what to give the skillup as his -MA messes up the two plans he could have fit into. Piling on for elf bashing might be useful in the playoffs where likely Dreamys Woodies and Jounisii's Pros could do with a punching. Claw is generally useful and gives me a backup hitter to Vortex (the clawpomber). Guard maybe? He's the pest I expose the most to punches because he's the cripple so that may have some value. Anything else?

5. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Hattifnaters are also approaching game 16 having clinched the playoffs by winning the division and we're in the running for a top seed although we need to win to be sure to get it. There are teams I would like to avoid in the play-offs peppered all over the standings with my least favourite being Voltron's dwarfs, Mard's elves, Darken's orcs and Lark's circus (i.e. half the teams). Going to be hard to avoid all those but getting the top seed seems to be as sensible as anything else and may lead to me playing Cullen which would be ok, plus it would be cool to get the top seed in AFC as slann so that's what we're gunning for.

6. 20phoenix

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    Its been a very impressive season for the frogs

7. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Whoops thought this was the OFL thread, didnt mean to hijack your blog 20 sorry

8. 20phoenix

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    Ruuuuuuude :p