1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old World Football is looking for new recruits!

Discussion in 'Blood Bowl 1' started by mardaed, Jul 8, 2014.

1. mardaed

mardaed Member

Country Flag:
    Hello all!

It's that time again! A start of a new era at the OFL (Old World Football League). We are the only Cyanide league that offers full CRP rosters and star players! Come join the mayhem!

The start of a new era means every team gets a reset to 1150 TV. We have a very entertaining race draft complete with 1st round, 2nd round, and 3rd round draft picks as well as Free Agent Cap Space that can be used for bargaining chips with other coaches. It's a great metagame that leads up to the actual season of gameplay. (This gives everyone ample opportunity to trade their draft position to select the race they want to play)

An era is composed of 3 seasons, so once you have your team, you have the option of keeping them for the rest of the era.

That being said, we already have a number of BBTactics coaches already in play. Come join the fun and experience full CRP rosters, all CRP star players, Free Agent players from past teams, awesome Glittering Prizes (Touch of Chaos on a Saurus o_O), bounties, coach predictions, and awesome competitive play!

Our seasons are modeled after the NFL, so you have 16 games (1 game per week) to develop and fight your way into the playoffs.

Each conference (3) is composed of 5 divisions, each with 4 teams. You play your division mates twice, and your division plays 2 other divisions. Division winners automatically go into the playoffs, leaving 3 to fight for a wild card pick.

This is a very fun league, and once you join, you're in! All are free to join, but we're specifically looking for European coaches.

Come join us! Old World Football League

2. Squall

Squall Member

Country Flag:
  3. Remthar

Remthar Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Its a great and interesting league, a very different style to most other leagues around.

It seems very complicated initially, but its simpler than it looks and the commissioner and officers are really great about helping people set everything up! I strongly recommend it!

4. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    As somebody said, the closes you're going to get in Cyanide to a tabletop experience so definitely worth a try and not too technically demanding at all.

5. ScottishDunc

ScottishDunc Member

Country Flag:
    I found it a little overwhelming at first but after I got used to the little finesses of the league I find it VERY enjoyable. Only took a game or two to get used to it to.

Highly recommended!

6. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    Yep, definitely worth checking out for coaches that are looking for a more complete online BB experience.

7. Everblue

Everblue Active Member

Country Flag:
    Sorry to be dropping out - work is hell.

Highly recommended league. Lovely people, much easier to set up than I'd feared, and an amazing technical achievement by the admins.

8. mardaed

mardaed Member

Country Flag:
    Hey guys!

Thanks for the support!

Coaches you've heard it from everyone else, this is the league to be in! :)

Bad asses welcomed!

Join us!
    www.oldworldfootball.com

9. Ging

Ging Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ging
    Country Flag:
    Yep, I can only echo my fellow coaches comments.
    There's a bit extra to absorb when you first get involved but its all pretty straight forward, and there's plenty of helpful coaches around to answer any questions you may have.

Eeek! Looks like I will have to give some serious thought to my second & third choice races this time then. ;)

10. mardaed

mardaed Member

Country Flag:
    Thank you for the interest new coaches! We're seeing you guys stroll on it. Hope you guys enjoy the atmosphere and community! Join chat to get help from any of the other coaches :)

If you're still looking for a league, come join us! :)

Old World Football League

11. 20phoenix

20phoenix Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    Bumping this as there is potentially an LFC spot going to be up for grabs shortly

12. 20phoenix

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    Replace Slann with Pact and you with me and you'd still be right :D

13. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Ken - Keep an eye on Thul. He seems to be 50/50 on whether he will drop his Slann, and I think there's only one Slann in LFC at the moment, meaning you could start one there.

14. notafunhater

notafunhater Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    Do they have a race limit on teams there?

15. 20phoenix

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    Yup - this is why they run a race draft at the start of each era (groups of three seasons at the end of which is a reset). Race draft is awesome :D

16. kopmcginty

kopmcginty Member

Country Flag:
    When is this place likely to open?

How tightly is the week roll kept to?

I'm considering a league switch once I see out the current season and like the idea of trying the extended teams and players but, I don't want to overcommit to more games than I can commit to though, hence the need to see out the current season in one of my leagues at least.

17. kopmcginty

kopmcginty Member

Country Flag:
    I had poke around on the OFL forum. I see it's just entered playoffs so I should have time to sort myself before next season. I've lodged an interest but don't have time to sort the technical side until tonight or tomorrow. I'll just have to hope the slots still open by the time I get it sorted.

18. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    The matchweeks overlap during the weekend, so in practice you have nine days to play, and if you warn the commissioner ahead of time you can play pretty close to back to back if needed.

Also with due warning it is sometimes possible to play games weeks ahead or days after if really needed, but I haven't been able to figure out when that might apply.

19. kopmcginty

kopmcginty Member

Country Flag:
    Thanks Dreamy. I'll look at the technical stuff tonight or tomorrow, see if I can get myself set up for hosting etc.

20. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Weeks do roll on Monday but the game for next week can be played during the weekend before. But that game will never get validated until the real matchweek has begun (unless you really need it to, to be able to play your next opponent early or something)