1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Orc Orc Blitzer, +2 Ag?

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Bethrezen, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Bethrezen

Bethrezen New Member

Country Flag:
    Hi everybody, I'm looking for opinions and advice about Takk, an Orc Blitzer. His first skill roll gave him +Ag. He has now leveled again, and rolled +Ag. My question is, should I take the second +Ag, and if so, what should I aim to build him as?

A secondary question, would Multiple Block be worth taking for a Black Orc that rolled +Str? Or would it be better to simply go Guard/Mighty Blow?

For an amusing sidestory, if there are any people here that used to play World of Warcraft, I named the Blitzer after Takk the Leaper, that raptor in the Barrens. So I find it quite funny that for his first 2 skills, he has rolled +Ag.

For league information - I'm not a competitive coach, I mostly just play against friends and the AI in a perpetual tournament. So I don't mind oddball suggestions, as long as it's not something completely terrible. (I'm not going to give anyone Thick Skull, after all:D) Though I would ask you mention if a suggestion is unorthodox, I wouldn't myself or other newbies to get the idea that it's an optimal skill choice, when something is more for fun or fluff.

Thanks for reading, turned into a bit of a rambling post. Also, thanks for your help and advice.

2. Narly Bird

Narly Bird Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Its a tough call. He can dodge through tackle zones on a 2+ with agility 5. But then your gameplay shouldnt involve a lot of dodging. I would probably take him to agility 5 anyway as then he will be an awesome catcher and dodging scoring threat. He can also fairly reliably dodge into cages, etc.

For a serious skill on the Black Orc i would probably give him block. Multiple block is too situational and would require you to have a couple of assists anyway (remember you cant use Multi block on a blitz, only on a block).

3. Doover

Doover Member

Country Flag:
    I would take the AG 5 Blitzer. And Guard as next skill.
    If you roll a double you can also choose Leap then.

That way you should be able to get a guard where ever you need it.

4. Bethrezen

Bethrezen New Member

Country Flag:
    Oh yes, the Black Orc would definitely get Block first, I should've been clearer. I meant the others as skills to get after Block. Though I am leaning against Multiple Block anyway now, after giving it thought. Maybe if my Black Orc gets as lucky as my Blitzer and makes it to Str 6, then I'll give him Multiple Block.

5. Narly Bird

Narly Bird Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I was originally thinking of dodge for the next double, but i really like Doovers idea of leap. That would make for an exciting player :powdodge: (definately dodge on a second double though. It will help keep him on his feet)

6. Strobinator

Strobinator Member

Country Flag:
    I've got an amazon team in Naggaroth with a 5 agility dodger. I would like to give her leap, but am not sure she needs it. Dodging into two tackle zones (with the dodge reroll) is more reliable than leaping with 5 agility (without a reroll). Dodge gives a whole lot of mobility in addition to helping with the player's survivability. Leap will make him a much better cage buster, but for dealing with chaos on the pitch, I would prefer dodge. You can dodge into a tackle zone on a 2+ (with RR), pick up the ball on a 2+, and then dodge out - probably with the dodge reroll still intact. I would recommend thinking about which role you need more, and how many rerolls you can commit to using for leaps. Just food for thought.

7. VoidSeer

VoidSeer Member

AG 5 blitzer, WoW!

I'd take the +AG anytime! I think, I'd build and use the player as a ball extractor. With AV9, you can penetrate into cages and try to knock the ball loose even with 2 dices against with little close to no risks.

Next skills would be tackle or strip ball depending on your league. I'm not a big fan of strip ball however on moderate to long leagues, as most ball carrier tend to start with sure hands, or pick that skill along the way.

Guard may be nice too, using him in a support role, as it can offer an assist on 2 tackle zones on a 2+ roll. But, I'd rather go for the role above.

8. Isryion

Isryion Member

Country Flag:
    Agility 5 is great for a lot of things, but one of the best is being able to pick up the ball in tackle zones.

9. Bethrezen

Bethrezen New Member

Country Flag:
    Alright, he's just leveled again, rolled 2+2. So now I have the choice of either fulfilling his prophecy with leap, or giving him the likely overall better choice of dodge.

I have to say, as much as I like the idea of giving him leap for my own fluff, the thought of having a 5 AG blitzer with blodge is awfully tempting.

10. Barninho

Barninho Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I think there's an argument for both.

No denying that making him a blodger is going to be more consistently useful in terms of protection but in this case with this player you have strong arguments for Leap.

Firstly he's armour 9. He can take a few hits. Secondly he will add a new dimension to your team. A blodger cannot leap over a defensive line and blitz a ball carrier. Opponents will find you a nightmare to deal with. When on offence he can bypass the defensive line elves typically use. So much fun. I wish I had a player like that. This is the first player I've seen in a long time that makes me jealous as fuck.

The most important factor for me is when are you going to have this chance again? Either skill makes him a nightmare for opponents but a leaping Orc blitzer is one of those things that come along once in a lifetime. Take that chance and have fun.

Leap is a really strong pick. Maybe blodge is a safer option but at AV9, I don't think you're going to regret going in that direction unless you're really unlucky.

I might even reserve that apothecary especially for him and build the team around him.

11. VoidSeer

VoidSeer Member

Leap, all the way!

For all the reasons above. The drawback of leap is the chance of failure and the resulting injury. Your high stats negates both!

This dude will be a nightmare in defense, and a huge scoring threat on top of that!

12. Doover

Doover Member

Country Flag:
    What´s green and jumps over you?

Must be an Orcblitzer.. ;)

13. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    Definitely Leap for him. Just always try and make sure to have a team re-roll spare before leaping with him if you can. As a later skill you may consider Pro, which would at least give you a chance to re-roll failed leaps if no TRR is available and would also come in handy for the many agility rolls you are likely to make with him when TRRs run out (dodging, catching, pick-ups, etc).

14. Creamster

Creamster Member

Country Flag:
    +1 for leap here. Don't make like every other blodging blitzer (although Ag5). Ag5 leap means he will have to pull more guys away in case he fumbles the pickup, and will need a constant guard player next to the carrier - Most likely 2!

Next skill you have to take Tackle or strip-ball to make him a sacking machine.

15. ickey

ickey Member

Country Flag:
    Definitely Leap. Blodge is boring.

Plus, think of a situation where you'd have to pass between 2 defenders that are only one space apart.

With Dodge, that's 3+, 2+, 2+ with one reroll.
    With Leap, it's 2+ (for the leap), 2+ (for dodging away). Arguably better IMO.