PC Blood Bowl World Cup 10

Coach

Administrator
Head Coach
Country Flag
What are everyone's thoughts on this?

Potentially a good idea though there isn't a good history of smooth implementation and I'm not sure how it will be policed with regards to people feeding teams and such like.

Details are still somewhat sketchy.

Though what races do you fancy will do better should you fancy a run at the $5k prize?

Chaos seem like a good choice if you have the time to get them built up. I do think though that Dark Elves may be the way forward.

Thanatos

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Well Chaos and Dark Elfs are the highest rated teams atm.

So either of those or a team designed to beat them should do well.

Qualification seems tough, I suspect the private leagues will have alot of competition for places and the public league qualification is fairly tough if you don't play often.

Zweistein

Veteran
i think the situation is kind of absurd.

the "oficial" liges are more or less free in the way they deside who they sent. most of them are doing a "Pre Turnament". but as i understand it there are no spezific rules about it and to what kind of team this will lead (experience, skills and teamrating) but it can't be high high end i think.
but this is more or less kind of a decent way. because most private liges are well organised and there is some kind of "automatic selfcontrol".

so here comes Cyanide.
the first one "they" sent, is the first ranked in the open ladder of dezember.
so the powergamers were building up "the perfect teames". most of them starting with simulated games to gain SSP/Skills/Money.
... but ok it was "the best one". nice. it might even be interesting to see how someone like this handel a closed turnament.

Next one Cyanide sends will be the one with the most CAS in a month!
so the buildup starts all over again. this time refined with some simulatet goblinbashing!
Year!
hm lets take a guess.... Chaos-claw-mob for the Worlds Cup!?

and then there will be a Feruary ... what will caynide bring in this time ...
the team with the most TD? highest teamrating? most skilled players? or even most lost players?

i cant fancy what kind of WC this will be ...
Some Powered up/Progame teames with 1000 games.
Some "normal" turnament teams with just 10 to 30 or even 50 games.
and some strange buildups for spezial prupose (for example simpel killing)

... what a turnament ...

VoidSeer

Veteran
It's hard to make large open leagues fair.

First because the game itself is not well balanced for long leagues. LRB5 is definitely an improvement, but still does not manage a fair matchup between the various rosters at high TV.

That's not even mentionning rigged games as there will be.

The only fair way IMO is to force each team to play the exact same amount of games, picking up opponents at random. But ofc it can't be done.

I'd play open leagues for the fun of long term team development and a chance to meet new coaches. Definitely not for the prize money.

Be ready to quit some games. 16 turns of 4 minutes is a long time to spend facing an A-hole teenager starting and finishing his sentences by LOL, believe me.