1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nurgle Pestigor development didn't go according to plan; Rotter double opens BC option

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Dionysian, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Dionysian

Dionysian Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    My pestigor skill-ups have been a headache and I'm in a quandary over selection of my long-term BC.

I've just rolled a double on a rotter skill-up which opens up the option of dodge or pass then sure hands and an offense-only rotter BC. On the other hand MV5 = eww. So maybe I should just skip the double and get a 2nd Dirty Player.

My OCC pestigor core:

Sansa 6338 Block MB (30)
    Talisa 6438 Block (17)
    Cersei 6338 Wrestle (10)
    Brienne 6348 Block MB Claw (65)

Brienne already had claw before rolling +AG. Brienne will probably never take PO as I like to use her as a half killer who can also receive handoffs to provide Nurgle with a much-needed burst of speed. This is the main reason I'm not keen on the obvious option of using Brienne as BC on offense with damage potential on defence.

Talisa was intended to be the primary BC but rolled +ST. I don't mind STR4 BCs so was considering just carrying on, but a STR 4 Killer with horns also seems useful. Especially as I'll never take Claw on the Warriors - I think if a Nurgle team is ever to win the Warriors have to be developed 'properly' and that taking claw on them is consigning the team to a future of T2 victories and T1 mediocrity.

Sansa is obviously heading towards killer, but could be retasked if I want both the +AG and +STR pests doing something else.

At this point Cersei is the only pest of whose development path I'm completely confident.

I'm assuming I do need sure hands somewhere. If people think I don't then I can carry on with 4 potential BC instead of narrowing it to 1 primary.

2. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    Talisa seems like the obvious ball carrier to me and I would probably go with Sure Hands, Extra Arms and Two Heads on normal rolls for him. A proper killer needs PO and I wouldn't want that on a Str 4 pest, as it's too valuable to put on the floor. Give the Ag 4 one Tackle and make it into your elf killer / sweeper. The Wrestle one also gets Tackle, giving you good coverage against elves and such. Make Sansa into your CLPOMBER.

As for the rotter, I would either go with Guard, which probably won't last long given it's a rotter, but more Guard is always good, or with MB, as he has easy access to Claw and a killer rotter is always fun! :)

3. Dionysian

Country Flag:
    Thanks. This was pretty much what I had in mind before the rotter BC option came up. I've found STR4 ballcarriers make for smoother wins and quite like them - but also feel the 'STR 4 is wasted in a cage' crowd have a point. If you're going for straight for this option I now feel a lot more confident in it. Especially if you think PO would be a mistake (I was focusing more on the no assists needed vs STR4 upside rather than foul-magnet downside). That will make the other pests pretty easy to develop going forward as well.

Weird that I didn't consider this. Looks like the best option/death sentence

4. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    ST 4 with horns is also pretty good with frenzy.

5. Fallowheart

Fallowheart Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    in my mind guard is the best option as well. guard rotters are a pain in the complete a-hole as they can support a guard standfirm beast, or guard N-Warrior well and that causes problems for your opponent. enjoy him while he lasts I say, and look for 2 heads on a skill up in the future.

6. Dionysian

Country Flag:
    Guard's obviously good - I was just focused on BC options to untangle my pest core. I just played MD6 so have already taken guard now - that rotter is obviously MNG for MD7 but was helpful while she lasted. Using Talisa as BC everything felt pretty smooth and that's the path I'll go down. I was expecting a lot of hate for sitting the STR 4 in a cage, as I've been told before my fondness for STR 4 BCs is a weakness, but sans that I'm pretty comfortable with how this is going to develop now.

It does mean I'll only have 1 full killer on the team though.

7. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Either way you should use ST4 as ballcarrier until it gets skilled up to a nice level.