1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Play of the day

Discussion in 'Crunch Cup' started by Narly Bird, Sep 17, 2011.

1. AllyRdr

AllyRdr Member

Country Flag:
    If you want to see a text book goblin one turner (granted, done with underworld), then Emmon had one against me in our md3 game in division 9.

2. Ken

Ken Kenny the Mechanic

Country Flag:
    CCXI G6 MD3: (Gallows Bait) Era of Night vs. Old Dirty Dodge Ballers (KenDontDodge)

Turn 10 for the Lizardmen, GB had a good positioning and was ready to take a 2-1 lead, most of my players were marked up, however... I had a BT Krox. Let it never be said BT is wasted on a Krox. Sadly the game ended in a tie, as I couldn't find a way back out of center field.

3. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Div5 MD3 Rats are back, against some skellies. Turn 12 for the rats - Enjoy the steal of that ball:D

4. Limdood

Limdood Well-Known Member

Near Chicago, Illinois - in the United States of A
    Country Flag:
    Div 3, MD3
    Limdood vs. Kanil
    T10-11

nominating Kanil here. After having his freakish 4st catcher ballcarrier go down, the ball bouncing into my hands, and then having the same catcher fouled out unconscious, a lone blitzer braves 4 dodge rolls, 2 GFIs, a 1d blitz, and a TZ pickup roll to down my ballcarrier, grab the ball, AND get out again.

he then proceeds to survive 7 dice, actually moving towards the endzone, before following up with his next turn with a 1d-blitz with the same blitzer and doing a 1 TZ dodge for a TD.

seriously, what does this guy need more than 1 player for, when his 1 man can move around and through my 5 men back there with impunity.

5. Lebe666

Lebe666 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Neat Limdood... will check it out !:cool:

6. Lebe666

Country Flag:
    So... you guys need to report the play of the days ! Especially Courier reporters if they spot something out of the ordinary !!

Do mention the Division, Match Day and Oppo. Naturally describe Turn & what happened.

Last edited: May 2, 2013
  7. Limdood

Country Flag:
    nice to be featured in CCC 67's PotD....even if it was on the wrong side!

8. jrpeart

jrpeart Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    jrpeart
    Cyanide Username:
    jrpeart
    Country Flag:
    I don't know how out of the ordinary it was but I managed to manufacture a decent steal of the ball in my match against Miicr0 this week to score my opener.

I think it was about turn 4 or 5 and the ball was relatively well screened. I managed to push enough players out the way to get my AG5 Lineelf to dodge twice and 1d blitz the carrier, :pow:, ball spills over the sideline and thrown back in the perfect position for me to recover and escape.

It seemed more luck than skill though.

9. Ken

Ken Kenny the Mechanic

Country Flag:
    There were some very interesting plays in Netsmurf's CC game last night, I'll watch the replay later and give you the turns to watch. If you don't want to wait a few hours for me to get away from work though, it was turns 14-16 that were really interesting (pretty short turns too)

10. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Nothing special about it[?] but Dinah Might the catcher blitzed Gug Tootchache the Ogre to steal the ball in the Bombers vs Flailers game. ;)

11. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    If there's a movie version the "toss of the bombs" could be fun. Bomber throws bomb, it gets intercepted and thrown back to bomber who catches it and throws it again for another intercept and another throwback (this time to square adjacent to bomber) That one I think was in turn 8, so after the previous play.

12. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Pottsy TTM touchdown, engineered by Pottsy's phenomenal halfling Jug was a stunning piece of play (Rat-a-tat-tat vs Sticky Fingers MD 5 turns 6). I also engineered some nice pushes to give me 8d on the BC in turn 13 or 14 of that game (though not that special it was cool because the very last one took him down).

13. Limdood

Country Flag:
    funny how that works, the :pow: always comes on the LAST block dice thrown! :D:D:D

14. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    Pass and Move vs Jorxan thunder had a ridiculous passing play.
    On turn 11 after a failed Dark elf pass my rookie lineman dodged away , picked up in 2 TZ's , dodged again and threw a long bomb avoiding the interception. 2+ , 4+ , 2+ , not a 6 , 5+

Group 3

Last edited: May 9, 2013
  15. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Rats are back in town did a 1 turn TD, fully exploiting a weakness in the defense of Gremzillas Breastiest team during first halfs turn 8:powdodge:

Groupe 5 match day 6

16. 20phoenix

20phoenix Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    How to turn a nailed on score for your opponent into the winning TD. A future book by Kjelstad. Watch turn 13 onwards in our MD7 game in Div 4. Its heartbreaking.

Title of the book may need work

17. Rama Set

Rama Set Member

Cyanide Username:
    Rama Set
    Country Flag:
    Want to nominate the Deathseers 3 Turn drive against the Sesame Creeps on MD 7. From T14-16 we lived on the edge, stretching the field, and under pressure to get a last minute score, securing a draw and valuable points in the tight race for Div 2's 3rd playoff spot.

Although I got a heroic throw from a ghoul and a desperate tun from another which saw him get tackled, get up again and grab the ball once more for a score, the dirty work was done upfield by my wights and the Pharaoh sealing out the Creeps creating the one on one between opposing ghouls at game's end.

18. Ging

Ging Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ging
    Country Flag:
    Yeah, that was a nice play Rama, especially with no RRs left.

Without wishing to take anything away from it, in hindsight my decisions on those last two turns were questionable.
    I probably shouldn't have tried to pressure the ball, and just played a column defence.
    And having decided to pressure the ball, I should've blitzed with the Wight to open a space for the wolf, rather than blitzing with the wolf and losing that crucial square of movement which meant he couldn't get a TZ on the ball. Typical me - wise after the event! :rolleyes:

19. Lebe666

Country Flag:
    Rama... tried 3 times to watch replay... and it keeps crashing my game :(

20. Rama Set

Rama Set Member

Cyanide Username:
    Rama Set
    Country Flag:
    That's how good the play was :pow:

I will see if Ging can upload it.