1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Player's Hall of Fame

Discussion in 'General Blood Bowl News and Discussion' started by Captain Thorrek, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Captain Thorrek

Captain Thorrek Member

Country Flag:
    I don't know if someone did this thread already, but what was one of your favorite players? It can't be one of the Star Players from the core rules, but one you hired as a regular on your roster.

League: Terror Island League
    Team: Da Gobbo Mekkanik's Gild
    Player: Mista Fixit (Fanatic: retired)
    Player Skills: Grab, See Below

Mista Fixit was the best Fanatic, or player in general, I ever coached. He may have gotten grab from a couple MVP's, but his true skill was he knew what he was doing. I never worried about him plowing into my own side, or tripping up on a GFI. He always hit who I wanted him to, and never got knocked down once. He retired when I retired that itteration of the team.

I never had a player as good as him...

2. Lebe666

Lebe666 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I really miss my first and best Werewolf: "Beowulf the Hunter"

+1 Str Necro Werewolf. Because he could 2 dice blitz on his own I used to just let him loose in the oppo backfield. Can't remember how many times he messed enemy throwers and runners on his own. Sometimes getting knockdown and blitzing back up and taking the ball down again... with 2-3 opponent players trying to cut him off.

It was fun... he did get killed twice but regenerated. Until a casual block by an Orc brought him final death... :mad:

3. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    StockBowl

I like the entire team. :p

But Leapin' Liz was the first favorite, back when she was just a plain (uncrippled) ST 4 wardancer.

Now it is probably Marjorie and Rosalie Ann, the AG 5 dodging throwers. Especially Marjorie with Block and Leader is fun. (Rosalies kick is also often useful - but safe throw failed the one time the opponent rolled an interception)

4. maiais

maiais Member

Country Flag:
    League: forum open league
    Team: the warpstone warchiefs
    Player: Hitslash (ratogre: dead!!!)
    Player Skills: +1 str, Break Tackle,Juggernaut, Block, Stand Firm, (in that order)

early on when i first formed the warchiefs one of my first players was my ratogre hitslash he averaged an least 2-3 injury/death's per game(not counting KO's) and could rip through cages of even high level chaos kill teams with ease, and what more he even listened to me! i can count on one paw...er hand the number of times wild animal kicked in. unfortunately the the constant injury started to get to him with 7 AV,and 2 niggling injuries. in the end he was skilled by a 1700 chaos team gang foul although to his credit it took 4/5's of the team and 2 or 3 tries to do it!!! he was a tough bastard.

that lose had me fuming by the end of the game. but despite that we had an awesome time and that's why despite what many coaches say about never taking a ratogre i always endeavor to get one because of him they add the punch i need and are a great roadblock/ "encouragement" tool. and even if we didn't win a game i make them pay for every point they take with blood.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  5. Lebe666

Country Flag:
    Great description of his death by 2-3 gang fouls ! Chuckled here ! :)

6. maiais

maiais Member

Country Flag:
    thanks, yeah that match was painful and rage inducing.

7. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Kudos for sticking through with it, though. And hope your next one is even better. :cool:

8. Barninho

Barninho Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Three of my players stick out above all others, and all are still alive today.

League - OCC Black Sheep
    Team - White as a Sheet
    Player - Notorious BIG (Mummy)
    Skills - Guard, Dodge, Break Tackle, Stand Firm

Picked dodge by accident but this guy ended up being the foundation of the team once it was paired with break tackle. I played a lot of bash teams and they really struggled to contain him.

League - Crunch Cup
    Team - Badfellas II
    Player - Anton Chigurgh (Dark Elf)
    Skills - Dodge, +AG, Leap

Badfella's are probably my favourite team ever and part of that is because I spread the spp's but this guy is the star of the team. The ball is never completely safe if he is anywhere near it.

League - Practise Team
    Team - The Highland 'Flings
    Player - Bully Pinebranch
    Skills - Block. Multiple Block, Grab, Guard, Break Tackle

This team was just to get some practise games in with halflings and if I'd had a tree half as good as him on my league teams it would have gone better. He has a record of taking out one player every game, but it's going to get better since he was letting the side down before multi block.

I've had other good players, but they've been fairly standard builds. These guys feel unique to play.

9. maiais

maiais Member

Country Flag:
    lol not to worry that was a ways ago iv had ups and downs since then.

10. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    In the first edition I had a tree with block, +MA and frenzy - he was so awesome that I hope to get it again, that was bloody wild:D

11. maiais

maiais Member

Country Flag:
    that must of been a sight. was it a halfling tree or a wood elf tree out of curiosity

12. Lebe666

Country Flag:
    That is a scary sight to behold ! :skull:

13. Captain Thorrek

Captain Thorrek Member

Country Flag:
    Wow! I should be so lucky to get that on my halfling team. I can picture the treeman being slathered with bounties.

14. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    He was on my woodies team - on that team I also had a 1 turn catcher and once did he score on a blitz - catching the ball in the endzone:D

15. Barmution

Barmution Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    Wow, that truly is epic!

16. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    Dolph Lundgren

position: Tomb Guardian
    team: Legends Outworn (Codex Cup)
    skills: Block, Dodge

My most notable player so far. Very hard to knock down with his ST5 Blodge combo, he works even better as a psychological weapon, occupying both the mind of opposing coaches as well as multiple players of the other team.

He was only knocked down 9 times during his two seasons so far, despite being in contact with opposing players 99% of the time. A rather gentle giant himself, he made a modest number of 21 knock downs, resulting in 3 casualties. He also scored 2 TDs during this time, making him the third most scoring player of the team (after both Thro-Ras).

17. Jasper

Jasper Member

Country Flag:
    I've got two, both still living.

Dr. Failing (my dentist when I was a kid!) of the Big Toof Ladz is my favorite, an Orc Blitzer with Jump Up, Mighty Blow, +AG, +MV.

With 12 Casualties and 2 Kills out of 10 matches he's my most brutal defensive player to date, and also makes for a great passing threat combined with his Accurate + Strong Arm Thrower teammate. The extra speed, mobility, and ball handling really help an Orc team, and Jump Up has surprising all around utility.

El Jolso of the Sin City Hepcats, a Dark Elf Assassin with Block, Sidestep, Diving Tackle, Pass Block.

No unusual skillups, but a skilled up Assassin is pretty rare, and he's been the surprise defensive star on my most successful team (24-2-0). He's caught an amusing number of opponents with Diving Tackle and Shadowing, is great for the dual marking/stabbing threat against AV 7 catchers, is outstanding along the sidelines in concert with Witch Elves, and even makes for an off-tempo passing threat.

18. Metalsvinet

Metalsvinet New Member

Fun topic. My favourite player must be Big Bad Bull on my TT chaos dwarf team. He helped me win both of the seasons I've played with the team. With Block, Break Tackle, +ST and Tackle he is both a really hard to take down ballcarrier and a massive threat to anyone trying to go near my endzone.

19. Barmution

Barmution Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    Both of my best players are on the same Necro team, both are Werewolves.

Wolf 1: +1 ST, +1 ST, Block, Dodge, MB
    Wolf 2: +1 ST, +1 AG, Block, Dodge, MB

Of course it's in Auld World, so I don't really play them anymore. When I do, however, I get a barrage of accusations of farming and a lot of disconnects. Wish I could get those kind of level up rolls on Pus With Boots...

20. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    These are some impressive wolves, Barmution! I'm jealous!