1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Player's Hall of Fame

Discussion in 'General Blood Bowl News and Discussion' started by Captain Thorrek, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Barmution

Barmution Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    Even when taking into account that I have to play them in Auld (barf!)? :p I don't think I've played them for at least 3 months...

2. Barninho

Barninho Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    They are easily the best pair of wolves I've ever seen. Kind of glad they're in auld so I don't have to play against them.

3. Carag Stormdancer

Carag Stormdancer New Member

Country Flag:
    Donut Blubberguts my very 1st star player back in 1st or 2nd ed. Randomly rolled from the yellow star players book. Skaven lineman very long legs regeneration, +2 strenght (not quite as good back then but still pretty good) disturbing presence plus a couple more i think. He was the core of my skaven team in our 8 player dungeonbowl extravaganza's that used to take up the whole spareroom with homemade tunnels, caves and rooms. Ahh joys of school days and as much time as you wanted to waste.

Oh and my 3rd edition skaven gutterrunner with block stunty regen and +1 agility wheeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  4. Snotty

Snotty Member

Country Flag:
    the best player I have ever, is in one of my crunch cup team, skaven: mouse power.
    it is a gutter runner, with St3, horns, block, and sidestep. He could dominate the entire game, ramming his big fat head everywhere.

He is still active, and if im feeling overly competative in a future crunch cup, I my use him and his team once more.

5. nufflehatesme

nufflehatesme Member

Country Flag:
    favourite players are probably witch elf from bb1
    rolled +st, +ag, block, tackle, leap

no ball was safe. she received a niggle at 14 spps and was to be sacked until she got the mvp and got +ag to go with +st :D still active but now has a smashed ankle to go with her niggle.

werewolf form LE
    blodge, ss, +ma, shadowing. this guy is everywhere you want to be. awesome fun harassing ma7 players.

my 2 legends that i have had in mm are both human blitzers. both mb,po,tackle, dauntless, guard, one pro one jump up. efficient, effective, run of the mill legends.

6. Morgred

Morgred Member

Country Flag:
    Another vote for a great topic.. :)

Name: Dribbla' Halfthere
    Position: Hobgoblin
    Skills: Wrestle, Dodge, +1MA, Sure Hands

Being the only player in my Chaos Dwarf team with dodge is probably why he is still alive. Playing in a team that carries the ball with a Bull Centaur 95% of the time, Dribbla' has still clocked up 55 Star Player Points.

He is a true all-rounder who is good in most situations be it ball handling, blitzing ball carriers or out pacing opponents. By no means my best player on the team but his reliability and versitility is why he is my favourite.

7. Valokiloren

Valokiloren Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    ʋǟʟ
    Cyanide Username:
    Valokiloren
    Country Flag:
    I have a couple:

Name: Riptoof
    Position: Minotaur
    Team: Chaos
    Skills: Big Hand; Extra Arm; Block; Strip Ball

On a lark after winning a game purely due to an accidental movement through the ball space with this Minotaur, I thought I could just mockingly build a Minotaur with two roles - Ball-stealing and Ball-carrying. Hardly can say it was the most effective or efficient use of a Minotaur, as often he'd stand around hoping to charge someone down rather than going to do what I wanted, but it was damn funny when I'd just point him at some WElves and watch him crash into them, knocking them flying and taking the ball for himself. Unfortunately, during a patch I lost the team data, so I can't play with him any longer, though it was only on Single Player so hardly an issue.

Name: ?
    Position: Thrower
    Team: Human - Mousillon Maruaders (Yes, I know it's spelt wrong. Didn't realise until I'd played a few games)
    Skills: +2 Agility

Oh yes - that's right. I have a AGI 5 Thrower on a Human team. And boy is it satisfying to show Elven teams how to truly pass the ball. 2+ to Long Bomb is a mean spirited but highly satisfying way to play, and because of this one player, I can cage or throw with the best of them. However, I'll freely admit that that's 150K on a player with zero defence, other than his ability to dodge away and stay out of blitz range. So he's definitely a bloat factor if he ever picks up an injury worse than MNG. Still, he's about 1-3 SPPs away from another skill, so Block, Dodge or Safe Throw would all be feasible.
    Again though - it's a team I don't play often. Auld World allows you to build these sorts of players, but the team is a mismatch of skill choices at times, and the TV I've reached is dominated by Dwarves and other bash teams, Dwarves overpopulating it due to the fact that they don't get much SPP spread.

8. Tergara

Tergara Active Member

Country Flag:
    For me its Trukmar a single player minotaur w/ claws,tentacles,juggernaught,piling on and tackle. The tackle has been the end of many a dodgy elf.

9. mrpier

mrpier Member

My mino Trukkrieg (also just a SP-guy sadly) with Block, Pro, Claws and Stand Firm, wonderful for getting rid of pesky trees, mummies and Morg.

I also had a deathroller in a private league with block and multiple block, I usually just stuck him in where the fighting was hardest and let the opposition work out if they wanted to stay and try to knock him out or run away.

Haven't been very lucky with players in mp so far, although I do have a promising gutter runner with +AG who twice in the last game dodged into a cage in three tacklezones and managed to knock the ball loose or push the ballcarrier to the edge of the cage so I could mark him properly (it was a desperate game and I lost anyway). I don't think he will live long enough to be a true star however.

10. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    Hi guys. Been away from the forums for a while, due to traveling mostly. Also my pc stopped being able to play BB:LE a few months ago, crashing randomly every time I tried to play a match! Hopefully I'll get that sorted soon, as I'm due a new pc! Does anyone know if the game runs well on Windows 7 64 bit?

Anyway, I have a few players I can add to this list:

Orc blitzer who used to be in an MM team in BB1. Team is still around in Auld World I think, so the player should still be alive:

Block, Dodge, +Str, +Str, Break Tackle and Mighty Blow!

A blodging Str 5 orc blitzer is a one man wrecking crew! This player won many games on his own and it was often almost impossible to take the ball off him, when he had a couple of Guards in support!

I also have a great Amazon thrower in the Ogham League. The team is currently taking a break, but should hopefully one day make a return. The thrower's skills are:

Dodge, Pass, +Ag, +Ma, +Ma, Block!

Having a ball carrier who is an Ma 8, Ag 4 blodger makes a big difference to an Amazon team that normally suffers from being a bit slow. The other thrower on the team has +Str, Block and Guard, so she isn't so bad either!

I've had many great Dark elf blitzers and witch elves, who reached Super Star level, but they've mostly been well documented on here already in my team blog.

11. Lebe666

Lebe666 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Nice to have you back Danton !

Loved the Str 5 blodger !

12. John McGuirk

John McGuirk Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Good to see you back, Danton. Just in time for CC8 sign-ups, may I point out ;)

Those were the first four skills on my all-time favourite player. Can you guess what he was?

Yup. A Skink.

His next roll was another double as well! After endless agonising, I gave him Sure Feet, to help him keep well out of harm's way.

It didn't save him, though. Turns out there's no running from a T16 rock from the crowd :(

13. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    Thanks guys.

Not really in a position to sign up to another Crunch Cup at the moment though!

Throw a Rock is my most hated kick-off event! Just so random!! :mad:

14. jrpeart

jrpeart Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    jrpeart
    Cyanide Username:
    jrpeart
    Country Flag:
    Nice to see you back Danton.

It runs fine on my 64bit Windows 7 machine no problem.

15. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    That's good to know! Thanks jrpeart!