1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing head games

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by Blasscend, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Blasscend

Blasscend Member

Cyanide Username:
    Blassc_end
    Country Flag:
    [​IMG]
    Hailing from a top security asylum they broke out from with a needle, only the most insane of the members of a group called the Head Games survived on their way to glory on the Blood Bowl pitch. They aren´t quite sure whether or not they are humans or elves or else, but they take an ogre with them all the same. He´s the only sane one but that doesn´t really make a big difference as he´s still an ogre. Beware of the Head Games, for they will drive you as insane as they are!

Sponsored by:
    Hard Block Cafe
    [​IMG]

and Insane? Beer. Insane? Might as well go get drunk!
    [​IMG]

In the fluff of the team I forgot to mention Fallow, who gave me the theme basically, which I really appreciate. Thanks mate!

I went with Dreamys suggested 12 man roster. Roster pic as follows:
    [​IMG]Not sure about many of the names, hope you like them. Many had to be shortened as the hit the character limit for names, lol.

It´s actually quite a bit early to start this team blog because I´ll have to wait a bit for next UM season, though I get a chance to play more humans until then as I´m not too used to them still. I´ll try and get them to royalists after that.

/Blassc, fired up and ready for insanity.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2013
  2. Kaz

Kaz Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Kazman29
    Country Flag:
    Hilarious! Fallow is THE MAN with themes/names. I have two players on my team that he named :p. Not sure about the 12 man roster myself but who am I to question Dreamy. I sure like to have a sure hands thrower and maybe one catcher. Hmmm..... stuck between a rock and a rock on that one. Well, six of one, six of another.

3. Blasscend

Blasscend Member

Cyanide Username:
    Blassc_end
    Country Flag:
    I think Singapore Slingblade was one of them if I remember correctly. I love that name and also the position in itself-Assassins are just awesome, even if rendered useless on some matchups. Well yes, I didn't dare question his wisdom and his explanation to be able to safely start fouling from game 1 makes sense to me...and I quite like fouling! Though the SH will be missed and probably cost me a few rr early on I fear. Well, seems we'll see how it fates ;) Though I REALKY hope zhat I will have the same skill up dice as with the training team :p

4. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Technically I ran that one as an 11 man roster, replacing the last lino with either a RR or an Apo, depending upon taste. But who am I to question a headcase build ;)

5. Blasscend

Blasscend Member

Cyanide Username:
    Blassc_end
    Country Flag:
    Well,you also made a case for the 12th man and I found that idea quite a good one. A rr more could have been nice too but I rarely find myself out of rr when not doing all out elf stuff or rolling bad block dice ;)

6. Kaz

Kaz Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Kazman29
    Country Flag:
    The lesson I learned from this season's CC is to do what I want and have fun with it. Want 12 players to foul? Absofreakinlutely! It can certainly work. How many delfs get assassins? Not many but I never had one before so why not? Twelve men or eleven with apo or extra RR are all good. I think twelve men and fouling will definitely be the most fun!

7. Blasscend

Blasscend Member

Cyanide Username:
    Blassc_end
    Country Flag:
    I thibk so too ;) I'll have a look who of the other euro coaches that will be in my Div and add that and their teams and summaries of those tomorrow, maybe even at work (since the incident I kinda get a special treatment so I'll have the time probably ).

8. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    I'd probably still go for an apo in the starting lineup, in case a blitzer or the ogre gets looked at funny, then buy a lino or thrower asap to get the #12 player that way.

9. Doomy

Doomy Member

Country Flag:
    From the thread title I thought this would be about the fun things you can do in tabletop, like counting squares to the end zone with a player you don't intend to score with, or strategically timing toilet breaks so you can think out your moves a bit longer. ;)

10. Blasscend

Blasscend Member

Cyanide Username:
    Blassc_end
    Country Flag:
    That is a neat idea, sadly I haven't had the TT version for quite some time now, about 16 years. My mother sold it before we moved here from London after my parents divorce. She thought I was almost "addicted" to the game and didn't want me to have it. Ironically enough I started smoking just two years later (ah, Austria, where people don't care about 14 year olds smoking. And drinking. And doing other stuff like that.).

11. Doomy

Doomy Member

Country Flag:
    It IS a good idea. Think I'll start a thread. ;)

12. LoopH0LE

LoopH0LE Member

Country Flag:
    Quite a fun team theme! You know what they say -- the man makes the clothes.

13. Fallowheart

Fallowheart Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    I thought it went 'You can't live with em, pass the beer nuts'

14. hungrygnome

hungrygnome Member

Country Flag:
    i think the names actually work better this way. They almost get the saying right, but somehow screw it up enough to make it hilarious.

15. Kaz

Kaz Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Kazman29
    Country Flag:

Norm!!!!!!! Yeah, I know that episode of "Cheers"

16. Blasscend

Blasscend Member

Cyanide Username:
    Blassc_end
    Country Flag:
    Jakerbeef: Fresh Delves
    henry: Fresh GOBLINS!(!)
    CharzHeidi: New Lizards (those will be my revenge opponent, not the Unelected but still scaly little bastards..)
    Blassc_end: Fresh human team (duh!)
    ZiffStiff: Also fresh human, could be a funny mirror game, I for the most part I play him first for some reason.
    johnny united: Chaos, TV 1200-ish, only developed team as it looks.

So, do you know any of those except me ofc? As we are all euro coaches we are probably all gonna end up in the same div. Looking forward to it. Though there will ofc be a lot more people joining in, once I know the Div for sure I´ll add a complete summary.

17. Fallowheart

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    hahaha! I haven't seen that show in years but still remember that episode...

glad someone got it. :)

*edit*
    johnny united is something of a fixture and plays a lot of games. i think i've spun into him once and he was pretty solid.
    i don't recognize anyone else.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
  18. Barmution

Barmution Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    Just popping in to say that I love the theme and the names! Good luck, mate :D

19. Blasscend

Blasscend Member

Cyanide Username:
    Blassc_end
    Country Flag:
    Thanks Barm, though the credit for the theme is due to Fallow here ;) Also the Ogre is named after the one he came up with as he explained it, I think it kinda suits an ogre :D

I just looked through my replays and noticed I played johnny united too once in Nagg, he was playing dorfs and I played pro elves as usual, the teams swapped armor in that one. Well, he had 2 bh and 1 death which he tried to apo but that didn´t work out that well. Even though he had spares that kinda sealed it, though he played solid. Just can´t do too much against unbreakable elf armor so I won 4-1. Doesn´t say much I guess.

20. Fallowheart

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    Promise me one thing; when you play your first game you'll turn on Foreigner and play the tune this is inspired by...