1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your favorite team!

Discussion in 'General Blood Bowl News and Discussion' started by Benzor, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Benzor

Benzor New Member

So, was thinking people should post their favorite team with a bit of history (WTL history, favorite moments etc.) and why you like them the most (style or whatever.). The reason for me to start this thread is that I myself am thinking about starting a new team just to try something new, however, I am currently drawing a blank as to which team to play, so I thought I could get some inspiration here and others could aswell if they were in the same situation.

I'll start off:

Imperial Griffons - Humans

Team Value: 1,990,000
    Games Played: 11
    WTL: 6/3/2

Thrower: Sure hands, Pass, Nerves of Steel, Accurate
    Catcher: Catch, Dodge, Block, +2 AG (5!)
    Catcher: Catch, Dodge, Block, Side step
    Catcher: Catch, Dodge, Block, Side step, Diving Tackle
    Blitzer: Block, Dodge, +1 ST (4)
    Blitzer: Block, Dodge, Guard
    Blitzer: Block, Tackle, Mighty Blow
    Blitzer: Block, Strip ball, Dodge
    Lineman: Block, Tackle
    Lineman: Block
    Ogre: Mighty Blow, Bonehead, Thick skull, Throw team-mate, Block
    Apo
    5 RR
    10 FF

I play with 3 others (wood elves, skaven and amazon), but we haven't really structured our games as a league or turnament, but just play when we feel like it.

I started with 3 catchers, a thrower, 3 blitzers, 4 linemen and 4 rrs back when lbr 5 had just come out, looking back I would probably have made the team a bit different now if I could startover (fewer catchers, less ff, more blitzers) but everything has worked out well so far, so I'm not really complaining.

Starting with 3 catchers wasn't all that much of a problem really, because my opponents all play non-bashy teams, in fact, my humans are probably the most bashy of the 4. I really, REALLY like how humans play - they addapt perfectly to almost all situations, they have the strength to bash if they need to, and the speed to stretch the opponents defense and make very long throw-catch-hand-off plays, which can catch slow teams totally unprepared.

Playing against speedy/dodgy opponents has made it necessary for me to develop my catchers as defenders, because I need the speedy players both to keep pace and to annoy my opponents deep on their half quickly when playing defense. I particularly like the Diving Tackle player who's saved me from a tie/loss on more than one occasion. I'll probably give him Jump Up as his next skill. The AG 5 player is such a relief to have on my team, he makes EVERYTHING so much easier, because he can throw, catch and intercept the ball very/fairly reliably, even in tackle zones. I'll give him either Side step or Pass block on his next skill up. The last catcher is going to annoy the opponent deep on his half when I'm on defense. I'll begiving him Shadowing I think, meaning the opponent will have to consistently blitz this guy to get him away from the ballcarrier, and with side step, it's still going to be difficult.

I'm happy with my blitzers, but I really need more tacklers, so that job will have to fall to my linemen, but most of them are still 6+ spp away from their next skill up unfortunately. :(

My thrower will hopefully skill up after my next game and I think I will give him Block, that way I can use him as my ballcarrier in cages with the possibility of sudden short passes to open catchers. I mainly leave him deep on my half with the ball until I've spread the opponents defense well enough for a long play or long TD.

If you have any questions or want to comment on my Imperial Griffons, feel free. :)

I hope you guys found this interesting and useful, and I hope you will want to post your team. :)

2. Ian

Ian Member

(LRB 4 team)
    Las Shamblas - Undead
    Games Played: 19 (7/3/9)
    TV - 1500k

Mummy - Mighty Blow, Regenerate, Guard, Block, Dodge
    Mummy - Mighty Blow, Regenerate, Guard, Block
    Wight - Block, Regenerate, Tackle
    Wight - Block, Regenerate, Tackle
    Ghoul - Dodge
    Ghoul - Dodge, Block, Mighty Blow
    Ghoul - Dodge, Sure Hands
    Zombie - Regenerate, Block
    Zombie - Regenerate
    Skeleton - Regenerate, Block, Kick

Undeads are, I think, the perfect team for me. Expendable, easily-replaced line-fodder. Big, nasty mummies. Nippy ghouls. And adaptable, tough wights.

Mummies-aside, I have two favourite players.

One is a zombie called Odin, who was the first zombie I ever raised from the corpse of a fallen opponent. And he's brilliant. He's spent a looong time on two points short of his second skill but he's proven nearly invincible thus far. I've lost count of the number of injuries he's regenerated out of and on a number of occasions he's found himself being bullied by Big Guys (one big fight was with a rat ogre, but my favourite was with a kroxigor) and managed to tie them up for a few turns on his own. If and when he finally gets his second skill, I'd love to be able to give him Dauntless. It'll have a practical use, but it's mostly for flavour.

And my other favourite is Harryhausen, the skeleton. I bought him because I wanted to given skeles a try. Same price (in LRB4), more mobile but more frail? Hmm. Worth a try.

And he's turned out to be a little hero. With Block and Kick he can hold his own and despite his AG2 he has four career touchdowns to his name. The most glorious of those was a mazy run between two or three chaos dwarf blockers that required some frankly obscene dice-rolls to pull off. He's only 3 points from a third skill and I'm not sure what next to take on him. If I were to get a stat increase, obviously +ST would probably be the best as +AV can hopefully be covered by his regen and +MA isn't going to do much. I guess +AG would let me use him as a backup ball-carrier.

I'd find options in Strength or Agility skill groups if the levelling rolls fell my way, but assuming they don't I'll probably give him either Tackle or Dirty Player.

I like my Undeads in a way I don't like many of my other teams. Some of my players are real characters, if only in my mind. :)

3. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    I don't really have a favourite team there have been so many. Enjoyed reading about yours though, keep them coming people!

4. Benzor

Benzor New Member

I enjoyed reading about your team Ian, especially about the named players, great fun. I usually name my players after they have achieved or done something particularly interesting, my Ogre is an example of this, I named him Ugg the Fairly Reliable because after playing the first 2 games with him he only 'zoned out' (read: bonehead :)) once.

Please keep posting your teams people. :)

5. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    nurgle

Niffe Naffe Nurgle - Nurgle Chaos with 15 matches; win 11, draw 4, loss 0. TV 1.900.000. 4 RR, 2 coaches, 2 cher leaders and 13 FF

1 Doc. Nif Naf - Beast of Nurgle, Loner, Disturbing Presence, Foul Appearance, Mighty Blow, Nurgle's Rot, Really Stupid, Regeneration, Tentacles Guard
    2 Lord "Glam boy" Pain - Nurgle Warrior, Disturbing Presence, Foul Appearance, Nurgle's Rot, Regeneration
    3 Lord Hurt - Nurgle Warrior, Disturbing Presence, Foul Appearance, Nurgle's Rot, Regeneration, Block, Mighty Blow
    4 Lord Liverrip - Nurgle Warrior, Disturbing Presence, Foul Appearance, Nurgle's Rot, Regeneration, Block, Mighty Blow
    5 Lord Bash - Nurgle Warrior, Disturbing Presence, Foul Appearance, Nurgle's Rot, Regeneration, Block, Mighty Blow
    6 H1N1 - Pestigor, Horns, Nurgle's Rot, Regeneration, Block, +1 St
    7 Ebola - Pestigor, Horns, Nurgle's Rot, Regeneration, Block, Mighty Blow, Claw/Claws, Piling On
    8 Colera - Pestigor, Horns, Nurgle's Rot, Regeneration, Block, Tackle, Mighty Blow
    9 Pandemi jr. - Pestigor, Horns, Nurgle's Rot, Regeneration, Block, Mighty Blow, Claw/Claws
    10 Slave "Stomp le Boots" X - Rotter, Decay, Nurgle's Rot
    12 Jesse X - Rotter, Decay, Nurgle's Rot
    13 Slave XIII - Rotter, Decay, Nurgle's Rot, Block, -1 Ma

This team has only 8 TD´s against it, 5 of them in the first 4 games wich were the draws. It has scored 28. made 50 SPP worthy cas.

I love Glamboy, in 15 games he has never gotten any SPP, his role is now to stand on the pitch and shine in his polished armour doing nothing but being in the way of all. I do not take guard as I find players with it get a bullseye in the forehead. But it is soon the only sensible skill for the beasts.

Stomp le Boots got his name from solo fouling a treeman to a MNG - that was fun as my opponent had tried over and over to foul my team with no result.