Chaos Dwarf Profiles for the Hobgoblins and Mino?

mattmcd31

Veteran
Cyanide Username
Nuffle_Hate_Me
Country Flag
In the tactics section of the boards there has always been no position profile for the Hobgoblins and Mino, any reason?

Last edited:

Valokiloren

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
ʋǟʟ
Cyanide Username
Valokiloren
Country Flag
It's pretty much the same reason that Underworld Goblins haven't got a profile yet: because a) Coach hasn't gotten around to pull ideas, experience and general knowledge into a cohesive article and b) because there is little need for it.

A Chaos Minotaur is the same as a Chorf one, so refer back to it because they play the exact same, although arguably the Chorf Mino is less useful. Still, they build identically as far as I'm aware, and if they don't mutate on singles, then just look at a Rat Ogre for an equivalent.

A Hobgoblin meanwhile is simply a Lineman equivalent on a team devoid of most conventional positionals. From what I remember of it, Coach said in his Bull Centaur article that he advises using Hobbos as ball-carriers with an early skill for a Hobbo being SH, for obvious RR saving. Obviously as a slow team, Chorfs can like to make use of Kick, and Wrestle is a good skill on Hobbos because you have enough Block players on the pitch already - 8 if you are using the full compliment of Chorfs and Centaurs available to you.

Similarly, though somewhat off-topic, Uwd Gobbos are effectively the same as a regular Goblin, with the addition of a handful of useful single skills in the form of Mutations. Hardly rocket-science to deduce which are better than others.

Last edited:

Borke

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Borke
Country Flag
I find that Underworld Goblins are a completely different beast from regular Goblins. With regular Goblins, they very often get fired at 16 SPP if they didn't roll a double or stat, while Underworld Goblins have a LOT of useful skills (Two Heads of course being the most useful by far).

I agree, though, that there isn't a real need for the article. Most of the mutation skills are pretty self-explanatory, so it's easy to figure out what's best for the given moment.

dubbs

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
dubbs
Country Flag
Chaos Minotaur and Chaos Dwarf Minotaur differ in access to mutation skills. Chaos Mino gets mutation skills on regular rolls, so takes block on doubles. Chaos Dwarf needs doubles to get tentacles, so has to choose between block and tentacles. Meaning that Chaos Minos are mostly better.

For Hobgoblins, I'd recommend:

One ball carrier: SH, Block, etc
One safety: Kick, wrestle, tackle, etc.
The rest dirty player and foul, foul, foul. Just about the ideal foulers, IMO.