Nurgle Pure Baws

nige22

Veteran
Country Flag
Ages ago, aaages ago I built a rookie Nurgle team for CTA. For a variety of reasons I never got around to playing them, but recently I started another Nurgle team and set them loose in Auld World. I started with the Beast, 4 Warriors, 5 Rotters, a Pestigor and 2 re-rolls.

Pure Baws: Match Record (W-D-L): 3-2-2

1. Dug (Beast of Nurgle) - Stand Firm

2. Brock Samson (Warrior) -

3. Ron Swanson (Warrior) - Niggle

4. Kronk (Warrior) -

5. Jeff the Biscuit (Warrior) -

6. Atomic Wedgie (Pestigor) - +MV, Block

7. Herk the Horrible (Rotter) -

8. Ewan von Rotwurst (Rotter) - MNG

9. Bob the infected (Rotter) - Block

10. Massive Genius (Pestigor) -

11. Ewan the Indisposed (Rotter) -

12. Fluffy, Destroyer of Worlds (Pestigor) - Smashed Hip (MNG)

13. Captain Insano (Pestigor) -

Rerolls: 2

Last edited by a moderator:

nige22

Veteran
Country Flag
After 4 games the results have been not too shabby, with a 2-2-0 record so far.

Game 1 against Orcs. I spent the majority of the 1st half getting pounded from the LOS to my endzone, losing 5 players to KOs and going 0 - 1 down by the end of the half. Then, in a remarkable stroke of good fortune, all 5 of my guys recovered and fully half of his outfield players collapsed from heat exhaustion :D It still took me the entire 2nd half to score, with the game finishing 1 - 1

Game 2 saw me face a Goblin team and I hoped this would prove an easier match. I did manage to win 1 - 0 but only because of some horrendously unlucky dice rolling from the Goblin coach. Dodging past 3 players en route the Pogoer had a 1-die block with re-roll to take out Atomic Wedgie before he could score. Pressed in against the sidelines any result other than a skull would've knocked the ball loose, so of course a skull was duly rolled. Re-roll...another skull! and Atomic Wedgie ran in the TD to win.

Last edited:

nige22

Veteran
Country Flag
Game 3 was against a well organised Chaos outfit and I was hard pressed to withstand the opening drive. The only thing that saved me was the sheer number of failed Foul Appearance rolls by my opponent. Fortunately for me, in the 2nd half I managed to KO one of his warriors and that gave me enough of a strength advantage to run the ball into the endzone for a 1 - 0 victory.

Game 4 was against a lizardman team and I was surprised to take an early lead by half time. Unfortunately the 2nd half turned into a bit of a farce. I rushed my beastmen forward to try to force him to score early, but his skinks got the ball near my endzone and then hung around wasting time like the slimy little beggars they are. So I responded to the situation in the only way I knew how - gathered half-a-dozen of my players together and tried to gangfoul his Kroxigor to death. Three fouls later he was off the pitch, but only KOd :( Predictably the skink scored and the game finished 1 - 1

nige22

Veteran
Country Flag
@ TravelScrabble - my rookie Nurgle team is still in CTA. I'll develop this team for a while and get some online xp then probably start again with them.

@ Boffa - Be very lucky :p I would trade my 2-2-0 for a 0-0-4 any day of the week for more Block

nige22

Veteran
Country Flag
Match 5: another Chaos opponent, another 1 - 0 win but at a cost. Brock Samson and Ron Swanson both MNG for the next match and Ron Swanson suffered a niggle as well :( Failed regen rolls left right and centre. One of his rookie beastmen did die, but only due to a failed dodge, so I wasn't able to get a free Rotter which would have helped.

I managed to score in the first half on defense. His ball carrier got pushed off the pitch by Massive Genius, who followed him soon afterwards and got BH into the bargain. The crowd proved to be fickle though because they threw the ball back onto the pitch in the perfect position for Ewan von Rotwurst to pick it up and score. Unfortunately I had 4 players off the pitch for the 2nd half (Ewan the Indisposed and Herk failed 3 recovery rolls each, staying KOd for most of the first half and all of the 2nd)

Again the only thing that saved me was a ton of failed Foul Appearance rolls. The day I face an opponent whose players aren't too disgusted to hit me will be a bad day for Pure Baws...

Dug got the MVP and rolled a normal skill, so I picked Stand Firm. I have 90,000 banked. I'm undecided on whether to get a 4th Pestigor or replace Ron Swanson as soon as possible.

nige22

Veteran
Country Flag
*Sigh*

Pure Baws suffered their first defeat after six games. Their opponent was an Undead team whose coach had made some...interesting choices: both wights with Sure Hands, a ghoul with Catch, almost all skeletons instead of zombies. He also had a mummy MNG so I felt I was in with a good chance. Unfortunately I was down two warriors as well and I really felt their absence here.

I started the 1st half on defence and made a huge mistake which let his ghoul in to score early on. That left me the majority of the half to score but I wasn't able to break through his lines. To make matters worse Fluffy, Destroyer of Worlds, got beaten up pretty badly and left the field with a smashed hip.

The 2nd half started much better. Atomic Wedgie broke free down the right flank and stalled for several turns while I beat up his skeletons. I'd settled for a draw by this point and was hoping to get some star points from casualties. He managed to get a wight into position to blitz Atomic the next turn so I decided to score with 3 turns left.

On their subsequent drive the Undead sent a ghoul down each flank and picked up the ball with a wight. Dug crawled his way over to play with the one on the left and Atomic Wedgie blitzed the one on the right before Bob the infected stuck the boot in and stunned him. The Undead had one last, desperate play to win. The ghoul dodged away from Dug and the wight threw a perfect pass into the endzone for the last turn score.

The highlight of the match for me had to be the four failed Foul Appearance rolls against Dug in the same turn :D I love that skill.

Post match there were no skill ups. Herk got the MVP, probably for the heroic effort of not getting completely slaughtered when the mummy got its hands on him. I bought a fourth pestigor so I'll probably relegate Fluffy to LOS fodder until I can afford to replace him. Atomic Wedgie has become a bit of a SPP hog so I'll need to concentrate on scoring with the other pestigors. Oh, and actually hurting people with my warriors would be a step in the right direction.

Last edited: