1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cyanide QT3/BF Old World Cup Season 6 - Open to Sign Ups

Discussion in 'General Blood Bowl News and Discussion' started by makinde, Apr 18, 2012.

1. makinde

makinde Member

Country Flag:
    Wasn't sure where to post this, but saw similar posts in this forum, so here goes.

The Old World Cup is a league organized on the Quarter to Three/Broken Forum game forums. We are looking for new blood to keep the league going.

The Old World Cup is for players in the European Time Zone, and it is assumed that you will be available to play on most days of the week between 20:00 to 23:00 CET (players from other time zones are welcome, assuming they are able to fit into that schedule). We have a brother league in the New World Cup in the same forums for US players (and they would no doubt also be interested in new players).

Our league is fairly laid-back, to use a well-worn cliche. It is important though, as we rely on the players to show sportsmanship and behave honorably. This does not mean that games are not competitive - the league contains a couple of pretty experienced coaches and games (can) be brutal affairs - but we do expect players to behave friendly and maturely. The key thing to remember being that one's opponent is also playing to have fun.

Skill level of coaches varies widely - we have a handful of pretty experienced coaches, over the mediocre (like myself) to the occasional newbie trying to get into the game.

Classic Blood Bowl rules (i.e., normal inducements, star players, etc, but not equipment or anything else). 4 minute turns.

We run a weekly schedule, though deadlines are occasionally stretched if someone is away traveling or otherwise prevented from playing and doing so will prevent a default.

We try to dimension the league so that a season runs over 8 or 9 weeks; usually, this means that we play 6-team group stages (usually 2 or 3 groups) with 3 or 4 rounds of playoffs following to crown the champion of the season.

We like long-term team development, so we've generally run with continual team development and mixed up new and old teams. A couple of teams have been developed to 2000+ TV during the past seasons however, and there were a fair amount of 1700-1800 TV teams by the end of last season. As it looks like we will get an influx of new teams this season, Season 6 is most likely to be run as a "fresh team" season (i.e., 1000 TV new teams) in order to build up a roster of new teams for the slaughter.

Players are expected to belong to at least one of the forums, and to post about their games (what's the point of playing if there is not a little light-hearted banter afterward?)

Current League Rules
    We also have an unwritten rule that if a team finds itself smashed to pieces (i.e., effectively unable to defend itself), it is allowed to throw in the towel by getting out of the way and allowing its opponent to walk in 2 TDs (i.e., so that the defeated team get to keep MVP and winnings, unlike with a default). We use BBManager to store replays on (winner's responsibility to upload), but the League itself is run strictly on the Cyanide servers.

Hope this is of interest to some of you.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask here, on the forums (Qt3 or BF; note that the signup process on Qt3 can be a bit slow at times), or PM me.

2. makinde

makinde Member

Country Flag:
    Season 7 is now preparing to start up. If you would like to participate in a friendly, weekly league, we are still looking for new blood.

3. makinde

makinde Member

Country Flag:
    We are in need of an additional player to make an even number of players; teams with TV values between 1200 to 1500.

Anyone interested in playing in a laid-back, weekly league (but with highly competitive players) in Euro time zones should feel free to apply.

4. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    I endorse this message. It is a nice enough league. :)