1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vampire Quandary after a nightmare game

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Stryke, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Stryke

Stryke Member

Country Flag:
    Just had a severe case of being utterly nuffled with my vamps against a norse team. Five players ended up with stat damage and I'm a bit unsure what to do next. I know the first thing bad coaches do is complain about my luck but oh man that was incredible don't think my opponent rolled below 10 on a injury dice once.

The current roster is;

Vampire: Block, Dodge took a -1Av
    Vampire: Block, MB took a -1Ma
    Vampire: Dodge
    Vampire: +1Ag
    Thrall: Wrestle took a -1Ag
    Thrall: Kick took a -1Ag
    Thrall: Took a -1Av
    Thrall: Dodge
    Thrall: Wrestle
    and four more unskilled Thralls. Two are carrying niggles from previous games.

So I'm going into my next match with two vamps, seven thralls and 90k in the bank. Would have been more but I rather unwisely replaced two crippled thralls the previous match. It's against one of my favourite coaches in the league whose skilled as hell with his undead. I don't think it's a good idea buying two thralls for next match as with two mummys one with block, having two loners to feed to them seems like a good idea.

After that and with it the end of this season I'm a bit lost. I could buy a 5th vamp and use my av7 vamp as a los fodder till time catches up with him. Or I could just replace the worsely hurt thralls I'm not sure. Also my original plan with the MB vamp was to pick up frenzy next but I'm not sure it's worth it now.

Any ideas?

2. Strobinator

Strobinator Member

Country Flag:
    Keep 'em. Save up for another vampire. I personally think fielding more than 3 vampires at a time is too many, they eat through the thralls too fast. I would then hold on to those other vampires until you have made some cash where you can replace them comfortably.

Also, I would consider the 2 loners a godsend. That's almost a full line. When the other players come back, I would consider firing the -AV guy off the bat - but you may wish to keep him around as someone to foul with, or just another guy to delay being down players (if only briefly). By and large the linemen are fodder, so I personally would not mind having some with any negative stat that does not make them squishier.

3. Stryke

Stryke Member

Country Flag:
    I've been playing four and coping reasonably well and maintaining a good record before tonight, hell that's what the five rerolls are for and just being careful with unneeded activations helps to. Any less and the thralls start getting overwhelmed to easily.

4. Murkglow

Murkglow Member

The players you're really worried about are your vamps. The Thralls are just fodder so missing Agi and AV isn't the most pressing issue. Your Vamps however are much more important. -1Ma is terrible on a vamp. They aren't that fast to begin with and -Mv might make it harder for you to get him to a thrall to feed. He would be my first replacement followed by replacing the -AV vamp then if you don't have any injuries in the mean time start replacing Thralls, starting with the -1 Agi guys.

5. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    I'd look to replace the -MV Vampire, the armour loss is a pain though he does have Block + Dodge and ST4 so I'd probably keep him until he died or I had plenty of cash.

The injuries on the Thralls aren't really anything to worry about imo. The AV6 one is a bit of a pain and I may get rid of him.

You can probably replace that Vampire after the next match, then I'd get more Thralls to fill out your bench, possibly sacking the AV6 one.

6. Snotty

Snotty Member

Country Flag:
    being well and truly squished in the last crunch cup as vamps, i can tell you with experience, dont fire anybody until you have the money to replace them. As vamps are affected by bad luck more than most, it maybe a while before you get enough cash to build up your team again. which can really affect you if you dont have enough thralls to feed your vamps.

Use those injured thralls, as los fodder, or better yet well positioned vamp food. relish in having a player that is totally expendable.