Question About Loner

BloodBowlDave

Rookie
Steam Username
2y86HfgYTeaAKqn
Country Flag
Hi. I was wondering about whether trying to reroll a loner roll in the new rules requires another loner roll, thus meaning you could spend an infinite number of rerolls trying to reroll failed loner rolls?

Also, whether this has been implemented in BB3 or FUMBBL to anyone's knowledge.

Thanks!

Coach

Administrator
Head Coach
Country Flag
I've never considered that to be honest. I guess technically yes.

danton

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
danton
Country Flag
You shouldn’t be able to re-roll Loner, but I can’t be bothered to look up the shoddy RAW wording in the new rules that might make someone think you can.

dissatisfiedcow

Veteran
Country Flag
Unfortunately, these shoddy RAW are the only RAW we have, until they die or they find someone better (i.e. they are FAQ-ed or errata-ed).

The section on team re-rolls do not list the loner roll as one of the prohibited rolls, so yes technically you can re-roll a loner roll, now that you can spend multiple team re-rolls per turn.
So, if you have one game-winning roll on a loner and you have a lot of team re-rolls left, then by all means take advantage of all that (usually) TV bloat that you bought fair and square.

Obviously, there are still no infinite number of re-rolls: you are limited by the number of team re-rolls your team has and the number of Brilliant Coaching kick-off events.
You can buy up to 8 team re-rolls when you first draft the team. RAW, this limit is not imposed when buying more team re-rolls later during the season, but you are still limited by your winnings.
Also note that RAW, the 8 team re-roll limit is only imposed "when it is first drafted", so this limit also does not apply when re-drafting the team.

No idea whether this has been implemented in FUMBBL. Also no idea for BB3, but based on experiences with BB2, the developer's updates during development, and their unwillingness to implement certain rules like re-drafting at all, I'm guessing that if this is given any thought and implemented, I'm sure it will be implemented poorly. Still looking forward to the release though :(

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
But you can't reroll the same dice twice so once you pass a loner roll you are stuck with it.

So fail a loner roll , use a reroll and pass the new loner roll , reroll the initial loner and fail it again and you are done and can't use another reroll

dissatisfiedcow

Veteran
Country Flag
But you can't reroll the same dice twice so once you pass a loner roll you are stuck with it.

So fail a loner roll , use a reroll and pass the new loner roll , reroll the initial loner and fail it again and you are done and can't use another reroll

Almost, but not quite. For complete clarity, let's give the dice rolled individual letters. You are not allowed to re-roll a re-roll indeed, so you are not allowed to re-roll a specifically lettered dice twice.

Any old check (dice A): fails =>
Team re-roll to try to re-roll dice A:
- Loner roll (dice B): fails =>
- Team re-roll to try to re-roll dice B:
- Loner roll (dice C): fails =>
- Team re-roll to try to re-roll dice C:
- Loner roll (dice D): etc, etc...

It's easier to follow the logic if you imagine never returning to old (already re-rolled dice) to your pile of dice and always leave them there and take a new dice for every new roll.

[Edit: yup, you right. And to get the result you want (succeeding at the original check), you'll have to succeed at all the loner rolls you've rolled so far, as well as the original check XD]

Last edited:

AdaCraig

Rookie
Country Flag
Hi. I was wondering about whether trying to reroll a loner roll in the new rules requires another loner roll, thus meaning you could spend an infinite number of rerolls trying to reroll failed loner rolls?

Also, whether this has been implemented in BB3 or FUMBBL to anyone's knowledge.

Thanks!
fail a loner roll , use a reroll and pass the new loner roll , reroll the initial loner and fail it again and you are done and can't use another reroll