1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ransacking Reikland: S19 Fluff

Discussion in 'Big Crunch 2' started by TravelScrabble, Jan 2, 2020.

1. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Behold! It is I! And you, as well. And lo, the prophecy hath foretold your coming, for one of you is destined to rise, like scum on top of an August pool. 10 of you will enter, 3 of you will challenge for the greatest prize of all, 6 will sink like bloated logs, or perhaps, like crocodiles to rise again, blood dripping from curved fangs. May your magics never fail and your bodies never rot.

Your pseudonyms are:
    @SlyAnimal (PapaNasty ingame): The Undying Legion, Undead
    @EvilSmoothie: We Roll Skulls, Khemri
    @CherryCrush: Blood Drive Divers, Vampires
    @L-Kid: The Galactic Elfpire, High Elves
    @Werebat: The Land Before Halftime, Lizards
    @Filadeus: La Famiglia Filadore, Chaos
    @Ilgoth: Cothique Caretakers, High Elves
    @Deithwen: Roll Like an Egyptian, Khemri
    @Halub: Exurb Exhumed Explayers, Undead
    @Shadow: Dead and Back Again, Necromantic\

1. @Werebat,The Land Before Halftime, Lizards: I confess I ws somewhat surprised when Werebat won his tier 3 division last season. No more, time to stop being surprised by his consistently good results since joining BC 2. These guys have 12-3-3 record that deserves respect. Their speed will be really hard to deal with and not many teams have what it takes to push through their 7 str 4+ Av 9 players. The Khemri squads do however and those matches will be tough. Lack of claw mb is a boon, do they can expect to lose more saurus to dp. If they promote Altdwarf next season will be tough.
    2. @SlyAnimal, The Undying Legion, Undead: I'm picking Papa cause I think he'll enjoy this kind of division which plays into his long experience as an AV 9 bash coach. I also like the two block mummmies and two dodge wights, thsi division does have tackle, but its mostly going to be used to go after speedy ball carriers rather than deployed in the centre of the scrum.
    3. @Filadeus, La Famiglia Filadore, Chaos: Fil gets my nod because he remains a top drawer coach and he has a mino. Minos are normally terrible but it might be just the piece he needs in this division where removing a couple of str5 AV 9 players will be enough to swing a lot of matches. Without the mino things could turn tough as they don't have quite the removals to go toe-to-toe with the undead squads.
    4. @Deithwen Roll Like an Egyptian, Khemri: This strikes me as the stronger of the khemri teams thanks to their str 7 block bt TG and their agi 4 blitz ra, Deithwen knows what he's doimgm but I predict they just miss out, again.
    5. @Halub: Exurb Exhumed Explayers, Undead: Won their tier 3 div as well, which is usually a good sign, BUT, have taken some tough losses. Rookie wight really hurts in this division sinec guard is very important. Agi 4 MA 8 ghoul will bail him out of a lot of games, that piece needs triple life insurance and body guards everywhere it goes.
    6.@EvilSmoothie : He has an agi 3 MA 8 Thro Ra to make scoring easier, but that is just about it, TGs very underwhelming. On the bright side he knows how to use them and has 4 guard to make a formidable blocking wall. Really doesn' want to lose those av 7 guard pieces though...
    7. @L-Kid, The Galactic Elfpire, High Elves: This strikes me as a tough division to be a high elf team. Lots of mb, tackle and dp, and you're not getting any wizards cause all the dead teams are so bloody lean. And you have basically zero chance of lasting in the scrum. So what do you do? Ignore the scrum and sack the ball of course! And this team does have the pieces to both sack and recover anywhere on the pitch more or less. Its a one trick pony with a hell of a trick, just don't die doing it.
    8. @Ilgoth Cothique Caretakers, High Elves: See previous comments. Ilgoth's elves don;t have quite as strong a sacking threat unfortunately, but they do have one, plus an extra trick up their sleeve, an MA 10 catcher! Could one turn abuse their way to Altdwarf, and maybe they should, but I think Ilgoth is too honorable for that and it will cost him.
    9. @CherryCrush, Blood Drive Divers, Vampires: I think I'm slightly underestimating CherryCrush here. Vamps are a good team against both the Khemri and decent against the Undead and they have 4 solid vamps who will pose a problem since str 4 tackle is somewhat light on the ground.But there's nothing spectacular here, no agi or str ups and vamps are vamps.
    10. @Shadow Dead and Back Again, Necromantic: The best players on this team are the wights, which is unfortunate because they are going to struggle to get much done in these games. Necro usually live and die by their wolves and these are two bland puppies, needs some claw mb or agi or just something.

And there you have it, looking forward to a great season and will be watching with interest!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    Halub likes this.
  2. Shadow

Shadow Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    shadow runner
    Country Flag:
    Cor I never been so high.

Ilgoth likes this.
  3. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    Experimenting different drugs again?

4. Deithwen

Deithwen Active Member

Steam Username:
    Deithwen
    Cyanide Username:
    Deithwen
    Country Flag:
    Once again my cursed team joins this cursed division in this cursed league. But this time it'll all work out, right?

Good luck everyone, and let's kill some elves.

Halub and Guinness like this.
  5. SlyAnimal

SlyAnimal Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    PapaNasty
    Country Flag:
    Yikes that’s a lot of regen

6. TravelScrabble

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Yeah, would say that Chaos don't love it, but when the chaos is FIladeus he will probably still crush you all :eek:

7. EvilSmoothie

EvilSmoothie Active Member

Steam Username:
    EvilSmoothie
    Country Flag:
    Less talk more ticket accepting people!

8. L-Kid

L-Kid Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    L-kid
    Country Flag:
    Jesus, we are still in tier 2... what happened!

we maybe this will be the first time i win more that two games at this tier.. i swear i'm cursed!

looking forward to play with you guys!

9. Halub

Halub Active Member

Steam Username:
    halub
    Country Flag:
    What is dead may never die. Except it can. Which undead team will be the undeadest? Or will the living dance on their opponents' empty graves and make it to Altdwarf? My guys only won one game on their 1st attempt in tier 2 so I hope for a better showing this time around.

Anyway good luck everyone and let's see some spectacular action this season!

10. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    I find this sort of talk intimidating.

11. Deithwen

Deithwen Active Member

Steam Username:
    Deithwen
    Cyanide Username:
    Deithwen
    Country Flag:
    As well you should!

12. TravelScrabble

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Time for Predictions!
    Bit of a curates egg this division isn't it? Unusual mix of teams with no less than 6 undead squads, two high elves, only 1 chaos and lizards to round us out. Very little claw mb, lots of regen and not even much in the way of elfy shenanigans means we're going to have a lot of high strength blocking chess on our hands with not many games settled by removals. It should all be quite refreshing but a little hard to call. Anyway, excuses out of the way here we go.

1. @Werebat ,The Land Before Halftime, Lizards: I confess I ws somewhat surprised when Werebat won his tier 3 division last season. No more, time to stop being surprised by his consistently good results since joining BC 2. These guys have 12-3-3 record that deserves respect. Their speed will be really hard to deal with and not many teams have what it takes to push through their 7 str 4+ Av 9 players. The Khemri squads do however and those matches will be tough. Lack of claw mb is a boon, do they can expect to lose more saurus to dp. If they promote Altdwarf next season will be tough.
    2. @SlyAnimal, The Undying Legion, Undead: I'm picking Papa cause I think he'll enjoy this kind of division which plays into his long experience as an AV 9 bash coach. I also like the two block mummmies and two dodge wights, thsi division does have tackle, but its mostly going to be used to go after speedy ball carriers rather than deployed in the centre of the scrum.
    3. @Filadeus, La Famiglia Filadore, Chaos: Fil gets my nod because he remains a top drawer coach and he has a mino. Minos are normally terrible but it might be just the piece he needs in this division where removing a couple of str5 AV 9 players will be enough to swing a lot of matches. Without the mino things could turn tough as they don't have quite the removals to go toe-to-toe with the undead squads.
    4. @Deithwen Roll Like an Egyptian, Khemri: This strikes me as the stronger of the khemri teams thanks to their str 7 block bt TG and their agi 4 blitz ra, Deithwen knows what he's doimgm but I predict they just miss out, again.
    5. @Halub: Exurb Exhumed Explayers, Undead: Won their tier 3 div as well, which is usually a good sign, BUT, have taken some tough losses. Rookie wight really hurts in this division sinec guard is very important. Agi 4 MA 8 ghoul will bail him out of a lot of games, that piece needs triple life insurance and body guards everywhere it goes.
    6.@EvilSmoothie : He has an agi 3 MA 8 Thro Ra to make scoring easier, but that is just about it, TGs very underwhelming. On the bright side he knows how to use them and has 4 guard to make a formidable blocking wall. Really doesn' want to lose those av 7 guard pieces though...
    7. @L-Kid, The Galactic Elfpire, High Elves: This strikes me as a tough division to be a high elf team. Lots of mb, tackle and dp, and you're not getting any wizards cause all the dead teams are so bloody lean. And you have basically zero chance of lasting in the scrum. So what do you do? Ignore the scrum and sack the ball of course! And this team does have the pieces to both sack and recover anywhere on the pitch more or less. Its a one trick pony with a hell of a trick, just don't die doing it.
    8. @Ilgoth Cothique Caretakers, High Elves: See previous comments. Ilgoth's elves don;t have quite as strong a sacking threat unfortunately, but they do have one, plus an extra trick up their sleeve, an MA 10 catcher! Could one turn abuse their way to Altdwarf, and maybe they should, but I think Ilgoth is too honorable for that and it will cost him.
    9. @CherryCrush, Blood Drive Divers, Vampires: I think I'm slightly underestimating CherryCrush here. Vamps are a good team against both the Khemri and decent against the Undead and they have 4 solid vamps who will pose a problem since str 4 tackle is somewhat light on the ground.But there's nothing spectacular here, no agi or str ups and vamps are vamps.
    10. @Shadow Dead and Back Again, Necromantic: The best players on this team are the wights, which is unfortunate because they are going to struggle to get much done in these games. Necro usually live and die by their wolves and these are two bland puppies, needs some claw mb or agi or just something.

And there you have it, looking forward to a great season and will be watching with interest!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    L-Kid, Deithwen and Filadeus like this.
  13. Deithwen

Deithwen Active Member

Steam Username:
    Deithwen
    Cyanide Username:
    Deithwen
    Country Flag:
    It's good seen people say that, it means I have you all fooled.

14. EvilSmoothie

EvilSmoothie Active Member

Steam Username:
    EvilSmoothie
    Country Flag:
    Well, Reikland has been started. With a blood bath.
    Capture.PNG
    [​IMG]
    You're welcome @Halub I trimmed the chaos about 500 TV for your match.

Halub likes this.
  15. L-Kid

L-Kid Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    L-kid
    Country Flag:
    yeah i'm agreeing with @TravelScrabble predictions

so much MB punching happening this season it's going to hurt...

16. Werebat

Werebat Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Werebat
    Country Flag:
    Looks like I managed to psych out TS... I think no one was surprised by my team's standing last season than I was. It's gonna be rough this season after losing Shorty, My Block/MB/Tackle Saurus, at the very end of last - but we'll see.
    Oh, and TS might adjust his predictions on account of my foolish intent to save up the coin to buy that last stadium upgrade. My first few opponents are likely to get quite a few extra inducement coins, I'm afraid...

17. TravelScrabble

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Er yes that's nuts :confused:

18. Werebat

Werebat Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Werebat
    Country Flag:
    Well, I did it twice last season IIRC, so...

I mean the Great Valley has to live up to its name...

TravelScrabble likes this.
  19. doohickey

doohickey Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I respect the commitment lol

20. Shadow

Shadow Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    shadow runner
    Country Flag:
    It was quite nice to play some one who streams their games you can go back and see their reactions and thoughts on your plays.